Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

your scary experiences, (paranormal/normal)

• 14-07-2002 11:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭

does anybody have any paranormal or just down-right scary experiences that you would like to share?
    Personally I haven't had anything very interesting/scary ever happen to me and I've never seen a ghost. That's why I find interest in other's stories.

Don't be shy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

group of us were camping down in wicklow mountains in february aboot four years ago, woke up in the middle of the night and the tent looked a bit strange so peeked outside and there was like snow everywhere on it, and then i seen in the distance like this row on the horizon of tiny little illuminated eyes and i just stared for about two or three minutes frozen still like and then woke up one of the other lads, who couldnt believe it either. they were all like slowly moving and stuff, so eventually we decided to get the torch and shine it over that direction.

anyway deer. scary ****s. was their eyes reflecting from the moon (and the snow as well in that case). happened on several other camping occasions including twice in a forest (needless to say blair witch project freaked me out a bit).

another time we camped in a field in wales late one evening (no permission as it was pretty late) and one of the lads got woken up by this shuffling and snorting around the tent, woke the rest of us up that one turned out to be this huge bloody black pig who thankfully wasn't too curious in our tent and pissed off back to the other side of the field soon after (we left about 5 in the morning to avoid it and the farmer).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

was playin footie as a goalie, ball shoots to the left, so I dive for it, I get it and as I look up I see about 20 lil green things flying way above the clouds...scared the bijesus outta me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭El Marco

When I was in the gaeltacht, one night I decided to go to bed early while all the other lads played cards in the sitting room. So I went into the bedroom and got onto the top bunk and drifted off (I left the light on btw). So about 20 minutes later, I was half asleep, I heard someone come into the room, close the door, turn off the light and get into the bottom bunk (the bunk shaked and everything). I didn't know who it was so I asked, but I didn't get a response, I asked again. I never got an answer so I got up and turned on the light only to see noone was there :confused:
    Needless to say I didn't spend much time in getting dressed and going out to the sitting room.
    I forgot about it a few days later , even though it freaked me out :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

Originally posted by El Marco
    I heard someone come into the room, close the door, turn off the light and get into the bottom bunk (the bunk shaked and everything). I didn't know who it was so I asked, but I didn't get a response, I asked again.
    [snip]
    I forgot about it a few days later , even though it freaked me out :o

haha imagine that instead of the gaeltacht its the Norse Merchant ferry (huge trucker ferry that goes dublin-liverpool) and some fat drunk trucker oblivious to you in the bottom bunk in the berth (they're all twin rooms) decides to fall asleep on you. now thats scary :)

(didn't happen to me personally btw)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

I know someone who claims to have seen Ball lightning. Now he doesn't believe about UFO's and Little Green Men and he is a pretty reliable source so I now agree with him that Ball lightning exists.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tazzle

http://www.roswellrods.com <--- also interesting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭oeNeo

Originally posted by D-Generate
    I know someone who claims to have seen Ball lightning. Now he doesn't believe about UFO's and Little Green Men and he is a pretty reliable source so I now agree with him that Ball lightning exists.

Hehe, my sisters supposedly saw ball lightening explode from my stereo during a thunderstorm one time. Don't ask me if it's true though. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭walt

I've heard stories like that before ElMarco, like the footsteps of a farmer, who previously occupied a house, being heard every morning at 5am as he went down the stairs. Guess it was the time he used to get up to milk the cows or something.

More stories, ppl.

Anybody ever tried a seance/ouija board?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭ykt0di9url7bc3

Last year I was working in The Club house Hotel, (barman for 3 years)....well i was closing up one thursday night, locking up the bar like i done a thousand times before, the usual mental checklist in my head, stocking, locking, cleaning, lighting, quick drink and taxi home. The night porter Ollie (a true cavan man through and through, would be doing his rounds, buzzing about the hotel/taking the piss outta me..."young lad! are ya doing any work at all around here...jayus what will i tell your father!", Id usually tell him that he'll have twins and both will want to go to college, not something a tight cavan man with a sprog on the way wants to hear at 3 in the morning...

...so i locked the main door to the bar and was about go upstairs to reception to drop up the keys of the bar via the front hall , the reception being upstairs away from the main door? dont ask me! 200 year old hotels werent built for ergonomics, but they are littered with animal heads and large pictures of the Hunting interest and at half past three all the lights were off but receptions lone solas at the top of the stairs, so as i turn to go up the main staircase in the front hall up to the front desk i heard a click of the front door opening, I turned in the front door thinking did that twit Ollie leave the latch open for any eejit to walk in off the street at this time of night...

...the door was closed and i saw no shadow through the the stained glass but i felt a cold draft pass me by and then i heard the front door close, were my ears or eyes decieving me, i knew what had happened, a moment later, for a shadow of a second, a fierce freeze flew by me and i felt my inards twist as the do right before a panic attack...

...i looked around franticly bieng absolutle rooted to the spot, with no answers i walked upstairs dropped off the keys behind the desk and walked down to the rank...

...i never told anybody in work about this, especially Ollie, for he has some chilling stories from 200 years history about that place!

Oh and btw, ElMarco faked having an asthma attack during one of these sleepovers because he was scared and wanted to go home.

Just though I'd let you all know this for no apparant reason. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Practical

I got a good one that freaked me out for months

One night I woke up from a nightmare , i looked over at my bedroom door and I seen a women standing there looking at me. I thought my eyes were decieving me so I blinked a few times but she was still there. After a fews mins the figure faded away. I looked at the time and it was 2:00am. I shrugged it off and went asleep.

The nextday I was coming home from school with my mate and he told me that he seen a women at the end of his bed at 2:00. At first I thought he was taking the piss but I hadn't told anyone. He explained what happened and everything he said was like my incident.
    Both of us had seen a tall women in a black shrawl and really pale skin at the same time + same day :/

A few months later I told my sister (shes 26) and she said she seen the exact same thing only a few weeks before

• Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

You put all your faith in science and then you hear stuff like that :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

My little sister went through a stage where she had very bad dreams for a couple of months, waking up in a cold sweat swearing blind that there was someone in her bedroom. She would run out of her room and her eyes seemed to be glazed over, she wouldn't recognise anybody for a couple of seconds and you would nearly have to roar to be heard over her crying.

On the night this happened I was in my room and she started crying etc so I went in to her room to try and calm her down. She was sat bolt upright in her bed and her eyes were out of focus. Then she focused on something behind me and to my right, needless to say I looked but could see nothing. So I continued to watch her eyes and whatever she was watching went around behind me towards the door which opened wide open, there was no draught or anything that I could feel.

I get that tingly back thing again just thinking about it, and it scared several shades outta me. I grabbed her outta her bed and went downstairs to my parents in the sitting room so they could calm her down. I didn't say anything about it to them, was about 16 and would have felt like a bit of a twat, especially if they had of come out with something like it was the wind.

Told a few people who were a bit skeptical about it but really was spooky and I still don't feel comfortable having to go into that room.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Conorisco

Once when i was like 11 i think it was during France 98 world Cup.
    I was in my kitchen and fixed my self some noodles to eat, feeling bloated and sick after eating them, i went outside to walk around and get some air.(it was adark night) When i walked outside somthing on the horizon caught my eye (the horizon being in that direction only 2-3 miles away.It was bight light which i took little heed of but kept my on it.i began feeling wierd(never eat 'super noodles') I looked up at the light and to be horror it exploded in a budt of light it expanded like a 1/2 mile wide. it was really really ****ed up it had many different coloured layers and it was transparent like someone projected it. the middle was white and just around that was a layer of red. after that was 2 rows of oval whit shapes in some yellowish colour which acctually spun around in different directions:o afer that was some other colours i was extremely freaked out and stared with fright at it (it was cool though) thinking it was aliens i ran inside before i was abducted. although i wished i could of stayed longer it didnt look like a ship and oly moved slightly but when i went back out 2 mins latter it was gone.

Not thats its related but anyway.
    when i was about 3-4 years old i used to have these really bad nightmares that tottally freaked me out.ok dont beleive me if you dont want to but they were about the destuction of the world... the apocolypse. The would involve 2 things the first was looking down on the earth for high above (space possibally) and them landing on the earth and these huge machines taring up the earth destroying it and killing people the didnt look much like anything and sounded soft and soothing but the feeked me out totally. somthins i would wake up somewhere in the hous e with my head in my knees baling crying until my mother found my. ok the second one was the worst one and still occasianally happenes like a flashback (mainly when im sick or my head feels ****ed up) it involved numbers (it hppened later in life 4-5) loads and loads of numbers it had somthing to do with having to find a certain nmber or value or somthing terrbille will happen. t it was impossiple to find this number.with out it i would die everyone would. it puts me in a panic and ****es me up for days now. it puts a real fear of somthing into me.

Never had anything 'spooky' happen but have had my fair share of freaky experiences. Recently I woke up from a half sleep to what I though was Padre Pio praying beside my bed. A few blinks later proved it to be just a weird shaping of several different objects. It's funny now, but for a brief second that night, I was reconsidering my faith :D

I can remember being youngish (around 10) and sticking a branch into ground to act as a goalpost. Then I just remember getting pushed back onto my ass, and looking at the stick, now cracked in the middle, and scorched along its length. There was no sound, and no subsequent lightning or thunder (but it did suddenly begin to hailstone very heavily).

I also have an uncanny ability to recite episodes of the Simpsons which then appear on Sky the same day (not taking the piss), and sometimes dream about completely random, non-important future events, leading to a feeling of deja-vu which lasts for upto 15 minutes (ie I know what's going to happen next)

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

I know i've had a fair few freaky experiences but i can't think of any, so i'll just post a scary story of 'paedo-workers' in France that will send Shinji into a masturbation frenzy.

A few years ago i was in France with three mates for a few weeks. At the end of it we stayed in Paris for a week in a hostel. We were split into two groups of 2. One night i foolishly forgot to the lock the door. At around (at a guess) 5am i woke up feeling something on my feet. Took a few seconds for my eyes to come into focus then i noticed that there was an extremely fat unshaven (FACE wise, rob) man sitting on my feet at the end of the bed in his underwear. (i had the lower bunk).

Needless to say i was immediately located at the opposite end of my bed as fast as humanely possible. The half naked guy got up, murmered something un-understandable and then walked out the door in his string vest and Y-Fronts.

Omg, you poor guy! Rofl though, sorry but that's just so funny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭walt

Anybody ever have an outer-body experience?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭El Marco

Well one time I was on the estate green and I was looking up at the stars with my friend. Then I noticed something moving. It looked like a satalite, but it was moving too fast and it was too small a dot to be a plane. So I told my friend and we kept watching it, then just behind it another dot appeared in going in the same direction. We kept watching and it was like one was chasing the other, so it kept going ontill we couldnt see it over the horizon. But it was weird and I never forgot it

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 729 ✭✭✭popinfresh

When I was about 11, I was in the living room with my 3 sisters. There was an page in a magazine reveiwing the film The Exorcist.
    As I read it, I heard my dad's door opening and footsteps in his room(No it wasn't a burglarer :)}. Then about 5 minutes later he knocked on the window for us to let him in,having been in the pub for the last 3 hours.

And I heard that at the preveiw of this film in the Tallagh Cinemas, the doors got jammed and nobody could get out :|

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭phobos

Originally posted by walt
    Anybody ever have an outer-body experience?
    Kinda, this one is weird, and I first mentioned it on the Dreams thread in Personal Issues about a week ago. It has freaked me out, but I never mentioned it to anyone until last week.
    Originally posted by me
    It was the premiere night for Attack of the Clones, and I was in Castlebar (wed 16th may I think). I was in the middle of my exams, and had an exam that day, and had been up all night before. After the exam I was wrecked and I went home for some kip, with the intention of going to see star wars with the lads, at midnight that night.

It was bright when I lay on the bed @ around 7pm, and I left the curtains wide open in my room. I fell asleep very quick, and started dreaming. I was in a place that was about 2miles the Galway side of Headford (a place I would have often passed on my way to Castlebar). I was standing at the top of a hill looking down on a small town and a petrol station. The petrol station is what gave away the location to me, because the angle and distance from where I was standing was very precise. I walked down the hill, and all of a sudden I was back in my room in Castlebar asleep on my bed. It was dark and I could see myself lying on my bed asleep. The curtains were wide open and it was dark outside. I walked over to the window, and I could see kids playing on the street, and everybody in the housing estate seemed to be outside enjoying themselves like it was broad daylight on a sunny day or something. I felt like I couldnt join them, like an outcast or something, and stayed observing from the bedroom window. I walked downstairs in the house and all of a sudden I was back near the petrol station just outside of headford. I saw a large tent, that had people selling various things in it, like pirated music, and mirrors hanging on the sides. As I passed the mirrors I noticed what I was wearing. It was the exact same clothes that I fell asleep in. Everybody seemed busy and didn't take much notice of me.

Then all of a sudden I woke up. Here is the strange part, it was dark outside, and when I got up off the bed I was freaked to see that there were kids outside playing football on the street, and everything looked the exact same (apart from everybody in the estate being outside). When I opened my eyes, it was like I knew it was going to be dark, before I woke up, and the time didn't seem like an issue to me. It was like I knew exacly what time it was, without looking at a clock/watch. It was kind of like my mind kept track of my surrounding (visually) while I was asleep without me having to intervene, and record with my eyes.

I went downstairs and told one of the girls, who said she had only checked on my about 30mins earlier and I was fast asleep.
    Very strange indeed :confused:

;-phobos-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭PyjamaMan

i had dejavu the other week, i dreamt the night before of this thing happenin on the news, while i was standing drying the dishes with me mam beside me washing them, i remembered distinctly my sister outsideand **** hit the footbal against the window i was looking out, then my big sister came roudn the corner in the car.
    next day the same news story was on the news, my sister was out playing footbal an hit the window only it was the window of the car, i turned round and says woah mega dejavu, da says what and i told em em dream and what happened next in the dream was that me big sister would drive round the corner, and she did within 2 minutes of me telling them =/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Hmm

I used to have this "thing" where i had dreams that came true ,now i know everyone at some stage had them but mine were only ever of ppl hurting themselves(needless to say i wasnt very wel liked after this)

Anyway my best mate who i know since we were in nappies ,hes a year younger than me.
    I had a dream about him breaking his arm on a sunny day playing football.
    So told him about it we both laffed ,then every night for about 2 weeks i had the exact same dream.but each time it was sunnier and had the summer holiday from school feel to it.

1st day of summer holidays he was coming home from school,as came onto the green in our estate ,some kids were playing football he only kicked the ball back to them but lost his balance and broke his arm.

Gets freakier then i started dreamin about another guy on our road getting hit by a car,obviously all the mates heard about it and he finally found out i had dreamt about my mates arm and now was dreaming about him getting hit by a car.

So this got him fairly freaked ,the dreams kept coming for about 2 weeks but these had the Conker season feel to it.
    In august we were in another estate getting Conkers and he got into a fight with some kid and ran off with a huge friggin Conker straight onto the road and in front of a van.
    Luckily it was only a fractured head and nothing serious.

Then they kept happening i stopped tellin ppl about them only my mate (cos he was safe) but for 18 months and 6 seasons i had these dreams and each time someone got hurt.
    Noone killed but one was serioulsy injured in a bike crash.

They stopped after a while but were kinda freaky.

Kdja

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭phobos

Originally posted by kdja
    Luckily it was only a fractured head and nothing serious.
    Eh, maybe it's because it's after 6am and I still haven't been to bed, but at this time of day a fractured head is still pretty serious. He's lucky he can still remember his name.

Weird (Good) story though. I predict at some point in the near future we will find the knowledge that governs how we can do things like that. Right now they make entertaining reading, in paranormal type discussions, but tomorrow who knows.

;-phobos-)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

Today is really not the day you want to get me annoyed...
    All pointless spam is being removed. Any attempt to continue it will be met with harsh consequences.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

i have two good ones, ive had stuff happen to me but nothing like what happend to my mate keith.

1. this happend a few years ago so ill put in their ages at the time
    Keiths(14) grandmother had died about 2 months ago and his mother had set a single rose on the fireplace that was left over from the funeral, it had been placed there on the mantle since the day of the funeral and had not been disturbed.
    One evening keiths brother Karl(17) who was a really loud boisturus (SP?) guy, he came in and decided he didnt like that rose up there any more so while everone was sittingin the sitting room he took the rose down and mashed it up with his hand saying it was stupid.
    fair enough to say his mother was really upset by this but as karl stood in the middle of the room shouting and as his mother cried
    A Beam of golden light, shot slowly out of the wall and went right through Karls ear, pinching it just as his grandmother had done for years, the beam passed through his ear and out through the other wall, the entire family has witnessed this event.
    Karl slept with his parents for 2 months afterwards:)

number 2 is the freakest of the lot.

Keith and his mate ritchy were in wicklow staying at a caravan site for the weekend when they decided to go for a walk up the hill, so off they set down the country lane,
    the lane is used for cars a lot during the day as its one of the main routes between two villages but at night there is hardly a car on it.
    Any way keith and ritchy are walking down the lane when they pass an old abandoned cottage, ketih said everyone was afraid of the cottage because it was really scarey looking, ,it had
    vines and stuff covering the front of it and the roof was fallen in.
    As they passed it ritchy said he felt weird like his legs were slowing down, when they had just passed the cottage ritchy stops completly and started crying saying there was something passing through him and he couldnt move, keith was ****TING! it and started screaming at ritchey to move, but ritchy just kept shouting that there was someone passing through him.
    Keith dragged him while he was a stiff as a board down the road, finally a few few down the road ritchy could walk again.
    about 5 minutes later on their way back they had to cross the cottage again to get back, they ran, but again a few feet past the cottage ritchy stood still and starting saying he could feel something passing through him and keith said ritchy lifted up his trousers and keith shone the light down and every hair on ritchys leg was standing straight out! once more keith started dragging him down the road.
    Ritchey said he could feel it even more now as they walked away and as they passed another house a load of dogs who had been woken up by the screaming ran out of the garden after the lads, keith said he had never been so scared in his life he said they could hear the clatter of the dogs feet just yards behind them, but ritchy could run properly because whatever had been affecting him was still doing it, finally just as the dogs were in site of the light of the torch ritchy turned around and let out a scream towards the dogs who turned and ran away yelping.
    the lads tehn legged it back to the site.

I know they sound dodgey but keith is one of my best mates and hes not a waffler at all, if ritchey had told me that it happend to him by himself or with someone else i wouldnt belive it, but because keith was there...

it probably the scareyest thing ive ever heard
    Bomb

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Dave

My mothers best friends mother died last year. And she had to go down to cork to help her arrange the funeral. So they slept in the dead womans house, and my mother was sleeping in thedead womans old room. During the night a dog came into that room and jumped up onto the bed beside my mother. The next morning it was gone. My mother told her friend about the incident and described the dog. The dog turned out to be a childhood pet of my mothers friend who died 20 years ago. A wee bit strange.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

I must have been about 13-14 at the time, i was on this small island off the coast of France.

We used to love doing ouija boards, so we went to my friends small house which had a cellar and decided to do it in there.

So we were asking loads of questions etc, and then my m8 asks the "ghost"(dont ask how ouija boards work but they do) if i was going to encounter a girl over the next week, 10 seconds later the whole cellar fills up with the smell of girls perfume, our faces dropped.

As we went on we started hearing some very, very strange noises almost like a monster of some sort grunting.

We were freaked out so we stoppped the ouija board and ran upstairs to go eat lunch next door (in my house), my whole family were staring at us, and commented "yous look like yous have seen a ghost".

About two minutes later, they all burst in to tears of laughter, it turns out my friends uncle was at this little air hole which leads in to the Cellar, he was responsible for all these paranormal activites :)

Damn he got us good :D

For some reason, every time you do a ouija board, they seem to drain your energy and give you a big appetite.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,945 ✭✭✭BEAT

Well I have loads of stories, that are true. I am serious when I say I had a ghost living with me for awhile who made himself known, at one point I had a "psychic" come to the house who told me he was male and he followed me home one day from either a hospital or old folks homes...She told me he was like a guardian type...I believed this as I was woken up by this ghost a few times when I was going to be late for work, different ways
    once my bedroom door, which always stays open slammed shut when I slept through my alarm, no windows were open.
    I reached to flush the toilet once and it flushed as my hand was about 2 inches away from the handle.
    This ghost leaned over my bed one morning, must have used his hand to brce himself because I felt the bed go down and then up as it would if someone were leaning or even sitting, I woke up and didnt open my eyes but was awake while it happened.
    other things too.
    I also have this ability to dream future events as they happen exactley...usually a death, and it usually happens the next day if it isnt happening at that moment. I have dreampt other situations that played out exactley the next day as well. I also have these feelings that something is going to happen, I predicted the plane crash with the dominicans over new york on 11/11 and also knew that I was going to be pulled over for speeding a week before it happened, which I got out of btw ;)
    So many things have happened to me over the years, thinking of writing a book about it all. I dated a guy who claims to have had an out of body experience, he sounded convincing and he believes it to be true. I am skeptical of others, but I am a believer since things happen to me I know they must happen to others. There are so many wierdos out there though who just want attention..gotta watch out for those.