Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First RPG you've ever completed by yourself?

Options
13»

Comments

omg cheers big ears. I missed the Jecht shot tho :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭TheAlmightyArse

Originally posted by Tizlox
    I found majora's mask a nice hard game (when you dont use the stratagy guide mind you)...ahh, I can recall spending about 3 hours at that windy goron place before figuring out the lullaby makes the winds die down...

I think that's the single part of the game I actually got straight away...

*Nightmares of how long it took me to cop on that you could punch the blue segments of the central pillar out in Snowhead*

Oh, and Link's Awakening was my first; A Link to the Past was my favourite. The fact the Ocarina quite blatantly stole so many of it's elements did not bode well with me, but then it was still a cracking game...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭l3rian

my 1st and only is Zelda Orcania of Time, is Majora's mask good? i sold my n64 :( so it will have to be emulated

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭TheAlmightyArse

Better than Ocarina in my opinion, though it is very close - and it's a bit cheeky the way Majora's re-uses one or two of Ocarina's puzzles... But still, the whole thing is really quite great. One of my favourite single player N64 games, in fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Nethack: Amulet of Yendor

32 levels of ASCII magic, ! was a potion, d was your little dog,

I played it on a 386DX, them were the days...

L.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭l3rian

if its as good as Orcania, i am going to try it, now my problem is that i love the n64 joypad, anyone know of a pc pad that is similar to a n64 pad? ie analogue mini stick, 6 buttons on right and 2 triggers, and more important is there a n64 emulator that supports them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

Good call tilt. One of those series' was "Give yourself goosebumps" ... a book where you decide your own fate. delightful! but..easy

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

I tink those adventures books were called Dungeons and something or other. What I DO remember is that they were by Steve Jackson and Ian Livingstone and I can still remember their pictures on the back of the books. The books had the coolest names in history. The Castle of Wizardry, Warlocks Mountain, City of Theives and stuff like that. Fantastic. Did anyone ver do the combat properly? You know where you were throwing dice for half an hour and taking hit pints off yourself. I always just went heh he looks like a wimp, I kicked his ass. Turn to page 222.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭darthmise

First one i remember playing was Black Night on the C64. I think it was a freebie with a magazine. Can't remember if i finished it or not though.
    The first i remember finishing for definite was Shining Force 1 on the Mega Drive. Quickly followed by Shining Force 2. Easily the game that spawned my love for RPG's.

• Advertisement
Advertisement