Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Brother 3

Options
  • 20-05-2002 4:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭

Right so, who's gonna be watching this round the clock on E4?

How many times I wished I had E4 last year - especially after the nominations. And now we have it on NTL. Yay!!!!!!!

Digital viewers supposedly will have it interactively - does this mean they can switch to different cameras? Lucky bastards.

The people u gotta feel sorry for are the ones with exams coming up. Lets face it, its gonna be hard to study when you've got the world cup on in the mornins and BB3 on E4 24:7

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

i have digital and it is possible to flick through the different cameras...

but there is time delay between the broadcasting of the show, so during the day when the inhabitants of the house are swearing all you here is static.... damn censorship!!!!!

already on E4 they are doing a count down thingy to the show... 4 days left or something.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭phaxx

Ah jesus christ almighty, you are so incredibly sad, it's gone beyond amusing - get a life.

(And that should be particularly insulting from a geek who lives in his cave most of the time)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Last year they struggled to put together 30 mins of interesting footage every day, and you want to watch it live?

"OMG WOW, HES GOING INTO THE GARDEN!!! WAIT, HES COMING BACK!!!"

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭Terminator

Yes I know I'm sad and the novelty will probably wear off after a day or so. But its the nominations night that should be good - you get to see the housemates when they're all hyper and tanked up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭Panda

Ack, ill watch it if theres a fine bird or two in it, other than that, ack.
    As for having it 24/7 on E4, well thats just for the birds.

Shouldnt this be in the tv/films board?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Oh god, not this rubbish again. Idiotic, banal muck for people whose brains can't concentrate on anything more intelligent than a Sun headline, and whose lives are so pathetic that they need to peer into the lives of others for entertainment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭DrunkLeprachaun

You wanted E4 so you could watch it live last year? That's pretty sad alright. I'll probably end up watching the highlights anyway, TV is so **** and boring these days...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

Bloody hell, back for a third installment of walking talking **** bricks.

How i'd love to change the show to include mortal dangers, that would spice things up.

"Dont go out to the garden between the hours of 17.00 & 19.00 snipers are about!"

"This is big brother, you have 30 seconds to find the gas masks hidden about the house, then Sarin gas shall begin to fill the house. Good luck all"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Originally posted by Lex_Diamonds

"This is big brother, you have 30 seconds to find the gas masks hidden about the house, then Sarin gas shall begin to fill the house. Good luck all"

that
    would
    be
    teh
    own
    :D

Originally posted by Shinji
    Oh god, not this rubbish again. Idiotic, banal muck for people whose brains can't concentrate on anything more intelligent than a Sun headline, and whose lives are so pathetic that they need to peer into the lives of others for entertainment.

I disagree. I think its great viewing and far better than most factual documentaries / programmes on TV today.

- There's no script.
    - There's no plot.
    - Anything can happen.

What more do you want?

• Advertisement

Originally posted by DrunkLeprachaun
    You wanted E4 so you could watch it live last year? That's pretty sad alright. I'll probably end up watching the highlights anyway, TV is so **** and boring these days...

That's why I gave up on TV months ago. It's been a long, long time since I sat down with the intention of watching TV, and I don't miss it one bit. Teh Intarweb is all I need. :) (That and renting DVDs)

Drake, Lex, either of you seen Battle Royale? :D

Originally posted by Terminator

I disagree. I think its great viewing and far better than most factual documentaries / programmes on TV today.

- There's no script.
    - There's no plot.
    - Anything can happen.

What more do you want?

Something with at least a little bit of clue in it. At least lets have something amusing. No? Okay, something informative. Oh.

yes but a little nudity doesn't hurt either

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Dave

I happen to enjoy Big Brother, I never saw the first one but the last one was fairly good. So I suppose i'm pathetic then with a brain the size of a pea. Err hang on... no.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Mills

I liked the first one, watched the last one but it wasn't half as interesting, I may or may not watch this one, depends whether the housemates are idiots or not.

Oh and for any Big Brother fans E4 are showing hours and hours of videos sent in by applicants who were rejected between around now and 6 am every night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Trust Dave agus Mills to ruin a perfectly good bloody troll. Mongs! :mad:

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Series 1 was boring

Series 2 was slightly entertaining (Narinder pissing everyone off and loving, Helen being a dizzy cow and Brian - well, was just Brian - but still ya had to laugh at the sheer madness/sadness of it all sometimes

Series 3, well jury is out until I see what the new houemates are like :/

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

- Anything can happen.

But doesen`t

True big brother is s h i t e, but if it wasn`t on what wud all da wee fags have to watch

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Why can't Big Brother be more like Series 7: The Contender?
    The Dutch one (saw parts of it) is more interesting alright. Lots of sleeping around, one gal even turned out to be a fella. I can't stand it though (especially the UK/Irish one).

Oh look. someone sitting down. Someone eating bread. Someone combing their hair. Bo-ring. I won't be watching. I'd rather watch football (and that's saying something). I'd also rather poke my eyes out with a rusty screwdriver. They can at least throw a rabid dog in there or something. Or a serial killer. Or a mutant. Like a guy with three arms.

Ooh Big Brother meets Battle Royale. That'd be sweet.

I'd agree to the rabid dog thing on the condition that they supply each of the housemates with one tranquiliser dart :p

What else would make it more interesting?

Throw in Vanessa Feltz and Chris Eubank

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Oooh yeah. And they can use the dart on either the dog, or one of the housemates ;)

Oh now we're getting somewhere, this, I'd watch!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

the other mainland european versions of big brother are supposed to be much better..... the english version isnt as 'wild'... well thats what the papers say (according to The Sun/The Star :rolleyes: )

for extra fun, some of the darts could be filled with steroids

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭red_bairn

Big BRo 3 is really s***!not as good as da old one:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭fizzy

I can't believe there are no irish people in Big Brother 3!! :(

Does anyone know if there are Irish numbers for us to vote this year ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Clintons Cat

- There's no script.
    - There's no plot.
    - Anything can happen.

As long as it involves sitting in a house with the same people for weeks on end.
    No wait theres more to it than that...At the end of the week someone leaves.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Its like a car crash, you dont want to watch, you feel bad about watching but you just cant look away sometimes.

That said, yere man Brian the last time was funnier then much of the "comedy" on RTE these days.

DeV.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,265 CMod ✭✭✭✭MiCr0

- There's no script.
    - There's no plot.
    - Anything can happen.

What more do you want?

- there's no entertainment
    - there's no point

:rolleyes:

Advertisement