Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favourite Turtle

Options
  • 15-05-2002 9:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭

Havin' a debate with my mates... who's your favourite Turtle?

...Donetello IMO. Those crazy contraptions got them every time.

Also, if anyone can name the four toad's from the series, and their weapon's, you'll recive the golden amulet of power, knowledge and well-being.

…or maybe not.

Favourite TMNT? 51 votes

Leonardo
    0% 0 votes
    Donatello
    37% 19 votes
    Michelangelo
    31% 16 votes
    Raphael
    31% 16 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Mills

Raphael, the sarcasm was strong with that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭strat

michaelangelo gets my vote, had the wackiest accent and always had some mad shít on teh pizza :cool: and he was the cooelest :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭jonno

Ah man those were the days.

Raphael definately my no.1. What with that sarcasm, wit, pulling the piss out of everything - what more could you ask for in a turtle.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

Raphael was a moaning bitch. has to be micRaMAanglo

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Raphael as I used to play the arcade game and was always the three pinned Raphael. Moan maybe but deadly he was.. yes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Leonardo because he was their leader and I had a toy of him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Michaelangelo for some reason. he was always my favourite turtle. out of the whole show it was Splinter. you gotta love a giant, talking and very wise sewer rat. i found out recently that Network 2 are showing the Turtles early in the morning. one more thing, why were they the Hero Turtles over here and the Ninja Turtles in the states?

AFAIK the censors here thought Ninja sounded too violent so it was changed to hero.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Clintons Cat

ninja was deemed to have to highly violent conetations for a kids tv show.Replaced with word Hero for european syndication.

Like kids would really know what a ninja was, or even the highly violent conetations of being one. They changed it back to ninja after a while. Or maybe it was just the ones shown on sky that were called ninja.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Clintons Cat

back in the eighties the british government went nuts on all things oriental,sparked by some media witchhunt nunchucks and shurikens were banned.
    I recall some spectrum game (sabotuer ??) even had to remove reference to shurikens from the code and replace them with throwing knives :rolleyes:
    The Ninja name was changed back after the film release.And promptly sparked a run of "kids in playground brawl shock-Turtles Slammed" headlines

Anyone remember the turtles coin op? That was rockhard.

The turtles coin-op 0wned!! I remember pestering my mother for 10ps every time we were in town so I could go and play it :).

Turtles game for the NES anyone? First console game I ever got, loved it to bits.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭banbutcher

man the turtles were pretty good!

dose any one remember the turtle cards??
    i had all but 2!!

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I thought donatello was the best for some reason. April was HOT! and you can't deny it :D

There were all sorts of anti-turtle stuff flying around. Like the kids who climbed in the sewers and died, they blamed it on the turtles......ffs.

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

Raphael, for his hatred of almost anything

raphael.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭JacquesPompidou

What's wrong with Rats and babes? Splinter and April mine!

Mon Dieu

They would make a strange couple.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭phoenix2181

whats wrong with atari jaguar?????? I'd think everyone would vote that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 FrostyThePeanut

Raphael was my favourite, so smart and funny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭The Gopher

Michaelanelo deffo.""Parrrtttyy on dudes!"His love of pizza convinced me to try it when i was 6,forming a lifelong love affair with the food
    :cool:

"I tell you,in my day cartoons were decent.We got alot better programmes than you and your new fangled Pokemons and Mighty Morphin Arse Rangers..............." *Gopher slipping into old man bitterly nostalgic mode*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭GreenHell

Wasn't april a turtle in a yellow suit, it could have been a shell, did you ever see her wear anything else.

• Advertisement

You know as far as baddies go Shredder was pretty damn cool.

what about krang!! he was a cool bas-tarsd! what with the robot he live in and stuff!! the pea brain (hehehe)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

So no one much likes Donetello then?

...I mean, Leonardo was just too clean... the Luke Skywalker charactor... everyone likes Han better.

Mike was funny at times, but at the end of the day he was just plain anoying.

Raph was good I suppose... bit of a complaining fool.

Can't complain about Don... laid back, cool... he held the team together.

And does no one remember the Toads at all?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭daveJAM

Donatello was by far the best. What with all those gadgets and all.

Maybe its just the nerd in my trying to get out but I think Donatello kicked ass.

I remember the toads just not their names.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Squall

ahhhhhh, good ol turtles. I remember one of me first holidays abroad playing some arcade game with me cousin in france.
    We mus of spent 50squid each on the thing while we were there. Funny thing is we never knew what exactly was going on because all the dialogue was in french.

Favourite turtle=Donnatello definately. He was always the level headed guy(well most of the time)

goodshape!-
    Can't complain about Don... laid back, cool... he held the team together.
    then why in the name of jaysus have you got raph as your aviatar???

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

I think Leonarda is cool. I like his swords, also i used to polay with him in the games. Donatello i spretty cool too.

Ah, I forgot about Leonardo's swords, by far the best weapon a turtle used, Raphael had some pansy fork things :(.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Caesar_Bojangle

I was the biggest turtle fan, the best episode was when they came to ireland, the worst when they were in paris.

B-bop and Rock Steady kicked ass, shredder and krang should have whooped their smelly grenn arse's. I had the turtle helicopter with punching arms, techno dome, the van, bike, blow up blimp and even their mentor splinter. And i would have given April one.

T-U-R-T-L-E power, michaelanglo was my favourite cos we more or less have the same name, bogus man. no anchovies on my pizza or i ll beat you with my rhythm stick.

Anyone remember the turtle pizza, the worst was the apple flavour.

Advertisement