Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Family Guy Cartoon

Options
  • 26-04-2002 9:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭

Am i the only guy who thinks the Family Guy is the best cartoon ever........

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭Ruaidhri

Possibly...but then i remember it's SOOO MESSED UP :) in a good way..i love the way it takes about a million tangents at random!!

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭stu_69

Originally posted by pcirl.com
    Am i the only guy who thinks the Family Guy is the best cartoon ever........
    Thats very vain of you to think that you are the only person who thinks....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

It`s absolute class, never kicked off her, some of the comedy is a bit risky,it`s been cancelled in the US.

Stewie: What the deuce

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭Ruaidhri

but do we really think?i mean are we a collection of (improbable) chemical reactions...oh god here i go again :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,307 ✭✭✭richindub2

Afaik fox dropped it? we mightnt get a 4th series :/

• Advertisement

Originally posted by stu_69

Congratulate yourself on a fine joke*

[Key]
    *=Your Mother
    [/key]

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

family guy rules, espically stewie, 'who the hell do u think u are??:mad:

Ever see the episode about Gumble 2 Gumble: Pure Genius

Its where Peter fakes that Chris is dying to get the show back on air.....

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Humm. One of the best cartoons ever made.

"You New York Post"
    "You two.....fight to the death!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭DrunkLeprachaun

I thought the first series kicked ass. Not to fond of the last one though. A bit to ****ed up, pretty much to senselesness.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭poobags

Family Guy is ****ing hilarious.

Peter: Hey louis remeber that time i pretended to be gay...

( Cut to Peter watchin Friends)

Yes yes ****in hilarious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

given the choice between a free boat or the mystery box:

"a boats a boat but the mystery box could be anything.. it could even be a boat! you know how much we've wanted one of those"

classic :)

or after seeing protestors with "free tibet" signs.. peter goes to a phonebox "hello is that china? yes i have something you might want.. yes thats right.. ALL the tea" ... pure comic genius.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

i have season1 on dvd, tis pure class. the only thing i don't like about it here is that sky seems to cut the funniest bits out, i've dl'ed eps online and when I see them on tv here they're just not as funny cos of the lil bits missing.

anyone see the one with the man in the chicken suit V peter?.. that was pure clas..

"chicken.. *gasp*... false coupon... *sigh*"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Dave

Family is the funniest show on television.

Remember the 'Hitler Show' with christian slater. Classic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭strat

Fantastric series, real top notch comedy

gg rich tbh :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

It's good but I like Futurama (and the Simpsons of course) more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭Andor

Futurama's far better, notice how the simpsons has gone all lsd, akin to family guy but not as bad ?

death by snoo snoo !:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭pauldeehan

It comes very close to being as good as The Simpsons ass but doesn't quite make it. I loved it though.

Stuie was great. Little insane genius.

Originally posted by Mordeth
    anyone see the one with the man in the chicken suit V peter?.. that was pure clas..

"chicken.. *gasp*... false coupon... *sigh*"

"havent you heard? the worlds gonna end, Y2K! heard it from a chicken man!"
    "err sure peter."

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

i cant believe how bad the simpsons have gotten, the new series' are awful! family guy still rules:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Bob the devil and god
    one of the best pity it went up againist WWTBAM? in the states when it first appeared, it would have still been going today.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Originally posted by Elmo
    Bob the devil and god
    one of the best pity it went up againist WWTBAM? in the states when it first appeared, it would have still been going today.

The simpsons is more of a social satire, whereas family guy is more intelligent and OH-SO-UN-PC humour ;)

Personally, I prefer Family Guy. It's got more laughs per episode than the Simpsons manages in a season.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Bob, The Devil and God was fantastic. As was Family Guy. Both of those were much, much better than Futurama or The Simpsons.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Have they Axed Family Guy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Mills

In order:

1:Simpsons (Maybe not the latest series)
    2:South Park (I realise it's a different style but I'm putting it in here anyway)
    3:Family Guy
    4:Futurama
    97: God, the devil, and Bob

Actually, I only ever saw series one of Family guy on TV, I downloaded series 2, but I haven't seen any of series 3, anyone know when/where Family guy series 2/3 is being shown?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

I really like Family Guy - It's a good alternative to Simpsons. I love the jokes that make you wonder did you hear the line correctly.. surely they can't say that on television you think :-). It goes off on all these wierd tangents too..

the time he fell into the washing machine and ended up in the fantasy world of The Lion, the witch and the wadrope had me laughing for days.

*Fantasy creatures runs off with his laundry*

"Come back here you goat bastard!"

The best one I've seen is where the dog is having a mid life crisis and Stewie starts peeing around the house and blaming it on him. That was magnificent.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

Mills, I got up to Family Guy - 321 - Viewer Mail.mpg in downloads, though these later ones tend to be massive in file sizes, 230 megs for that one for example.

BTW: Yous do all know Stewie is gay? not messin it's been hinted at least twice so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Like em all, though GTDAB wasn't too bad, enjoyed it.

I've only seen the Divxes of TFG so far though, saw one episode in Ronans.

Originally posted by Blade
    BTW: Yous do all know Stewie is gay? not messin it's been hinted at least twice so far.

sure he had a crush on a girl in his kindergarten, then again she was only after his cookies :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

Peter: "i cant believe i punched a woman"
    Friend: "a pregnant woman"

or,

Peter: "i wonder what scooby and the gang are up to now.."
    Fred from scooby on tv: "were dealing with one sick son of a bitch"

Advertisement