Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The New Nike Add

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭The Gopher

Originally posted by Makaveli

Anybody know the name of the song used in it? Is it by Elvis? Somebody told me it was, it does sound like him.

The track is a mix-Elvis vs Junky XL-whoever the hell he is i havent a clue.
    Has any1 ever noticed that the full ad is only ever shown on digital stations with lower advertising costs such as music stations?The full ad is about a minute and a half long.Seeing the full ad i suppose its alright,but its nothing special.And whats with the deluge of ****e world cup ads?The Pepsi one with Beckham and the sumo wrestlers is a load of ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

I kinda liked it.
    The sumos doing back flips and stuff. Was class.

In the Ad on RTÉ , you never see any of the players actually completing the moves in the one shot. They're edited to look good.
    how many times did they fall flat on their arses?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Beastie Boy

I think the song is "A Little Less Conversation" by Elvis Presley.

I dont like the ad, to be honest. In terms of marketing, it serves a short-term purpose obviously, but not really a "classic".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭Da_Kid

The Nike freestyle basketball ad was much better

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Without getting drawn into the details of the scenario I'd imagine that EVERY losing team was thrown off the boat. It just happened that they chose to show the losing finalists getting this treatment.

But they are still there after they lose. They are watching the other matches.

JunkieXL did a song on the Blade Soundtrack
    Thanks for the info people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

The plot Thickens............like 3-day old soup

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭The Gopher

Originally posted by SyxPak
    The plot Thickens............like 3-day old soup

Going off topic is that a Naked Gun quote?It was on the other night and though i didnt see it all it sounds very much in the same line as
    "Like a midget at a urinal i had to keep on my toes":p :p

So am i right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

thats an excellent add , love the music . groovy !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

I just saw the full length version of the add there on one fo the music channels on sky digital i missed a bit of the start though. The full version was is deadly, there is way more in it. Like there r more cool skills ans stuff. I also saw the full version on sky sports, it toke up the whole of the add break. I won't mind getting a copy of it. does anyone know here u can get one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=47711

Check that out BTW
    i think Nike showing Davids is wrong also as basicaly it says
    "hey if i take drugs and cheat i can get money from nike"
    The guy is a cheater he used drugs to gain an advantage.
    Also think he should be banned for life buts that my opinion.
    Great ad all the same.
    Kdja

• Advertisement
Advertisement