Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drug Laws

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Canaboid

Originally posted by Boston

Ha.

omg ,haa.

haa

haa

Oh for the love of black baby jesus shut up. Fu(king moron.

Am I still your favourite ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Thomas Kelly

ooops

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Shinji I think you've proved the link between habitual use and memory loss

Hehe :)

Not at all - erm, just guessing, as I don't have the thread to hand, but that's one of Neuro_Praxis' posts on the matter? (Sorry if I'm wrong Neuro, I seem to remember you being very anti-drugs at the time).

Everything in it is factually accurate, give or take. You can't turn around to the person who wrote that and accuse them of knowing nothing about the topic, like certain folk on this thread.

Everything in it is entirely blown out of proportion and is missing the caveats about the tiny, tiny percentage of users who are affected by the various symptoms shown. So what you can do is point out the flaws, and the exaggerations, and effectively accuse the poster of knowingly disseminating inaccurate propaganda. That's a different level of debate entirely.

So you're right - it's a very good example of a post being made by an anti-cannabis person which is, effectively, taking the information and twisting it to the tune of their argument. It reads like a preachy drugs information leaflet. You can't fault the majority of the facts, but there's plenty left unsaid and plenty that's presented in a highly exaggerated manner, and that's a hell of a lot more dangerous than some muppet bouncing up and down with no facts and no clue.

(Heh, Boston, I'll respond to any mature post in a mature manner. Note the "mature" caveat there - don't worry kiddo, it's something that'll happen to you sometime I'm sure.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

ha you got shinji to swallow his own crap and you didnt even mean it. omg thats just priceless haa, and people pating you on the back for it. haa

i guess some people really cant see the wood from the trees and if you put an argrument nicely enough and simple enough people will believe it. haa

for now on your my favourite user here Canaboid, your allright by me, though i think shinji is going to be pissed

There was absolutely no indication that the post wasn't actually Canaboids true thoughts. I don't know anyone who could have looked at that post and said "Hey her doesn't really mean any of that" (although I did wonder how someone named Cana-boid could post from an anti point of view;))

Plus I didn't see Shinji "eating any ****". He simply took the post at face value and posed a series of questions back at Canaboid based on the assumption that it was Canaboids own words.

If you could put aside your petty 12 year old hate of society in general and argue a simple point people would probably still give you the time of day. As it stands you've proved yourself time and again to be some sort of mental defect.

Also if anyone has any links to sites proving the massively harmful effects of THC as I asked for earlier please feel free to provide em.

.logic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

logic you seem inable to follow the simplist rules, no personal attacks, please keep your bickering to pms as its not fair on the posters who actually want to discuss the topic.

shinji, sorry if i gave you that impression but right from the start you tock an offencive stance with me, is it any wonder i reacted badly ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

bard is anal to the max

Well done pot, kettle, moron.

.logic.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,524 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Dont argue with Boston. It just isnt fair or right to taunt someone like him like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

logic you seem inable to follow the simplist rules, no personal attacks, please keep your bickering to pms as its not fair on the posters who actually want to discuss the topic.
    ha you got shinji to swallow his own crap and you didnt even mean it. omg thats just priceless haa, and people pating you on the back for it. haa

All on the same page too. The mind boggles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Biffa Bacon

The intoxicating effects of cannabis are harmful in and of themselves as it turns you into a person that is not particularly pleasant to be around. I think this is the main reason why any drugs are banned; basically to keep the number of assholes in society down. The debate around harmful side effects is really a side issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Meh

Originally posted by Biffa Bacon
    The intoxicating effects of cannabis are harmful in and of themselves as it turns you into a person that is not particularly pleasant to be around. I think this is the main reason why any drugs are banned; basically to keep the number of assholes in society down. The debate around harmful side effects is really a side issue.
    A particularly poor attempt at a troll. Please go away.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Meh
    A particularly poor attempt at a troll. Please go away.
    Please explain.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Obviously the bickering couldnt be kept under control.

Well done lads. & lassies
    Thread closed.

jc

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Originally posted by Biffa Bacon
    The intoxicating effects of cannabis are harmful in and of themselves as it turns you into a person that is not particularly pleasant to be around.
    Not true. It depends on the person and thier reaction to the drug. Generally people are a lot more 'mellow' than normal and as a result easier to be around.
    I think this is the main reason why any drugs are banned;
    Entirely wrong.

Originally posted by Dustaz

Not true. It depends on the person and thier reaction to the drug. Generally people are a lot more 'mellow' than normal and as a result easier to be around.
    Well, not in my experience. They turn into phoneys.
    Entirely wrong.
    Why then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Meh

For God's sake Dustaz, don't feed the troll.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement