Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rte On Satellite

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭dmeehan

i checked that freq yesterday when i got home, but to no avail.
    I believe zak and all of the doubting tomas' should learn a bit of patience

I tried the 2 freq.s suggested by charles slane, but there was nothing there either, but i will keep my eyes peeled. Im using an old chorus cable connection (previous occupiers) for my rte's and tv3 and it has gone to the dogs recently. I cannot believe that people PAY chorus for that!! Fools

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭ShaneOC

I totally agree with Damo. Can we try and keep it civil. This forum is usually very polite. Some members have a bee up their bum but don't let us all get dragged down to their levels.

Originally posted by ShaneOC:
    I totally agree with Damo. Can we try and keep it civil. This forum is usually very polite. Some members have a bee up their bum but don't let us all get dragged down to their levels.

I totally agree!

It amazes me sometimes how people can get bee's up their bonnets,because someone posts info before they do.
    I'm not impressed with anyone who "rubbishes" other peoples posts.
    Zak mighn't have had the time to post back all day yesterday.
    And I wouldn't blame Zak for not wanting to come back here after this episode.

Damo is right , what Zak saw most likely was a test of equipment by Sky or Eutelsat prior to it being sent to Dublin.
    And fair play to Zak for noticing it and telling us :)
    Zak as far as I'm concerned you are welcome back anytime( but turn off the caplocks;) )
    mm

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭redzer007

OK, everybody taken a deep breath. Right, Does anybody have a complete list of possible freqs etc. that RTE may test\transmit on? If so can they post them and we can all have a look at our leisure at all sorts of awkward times of the day and report back here with any progress.
    Also has anybody heard or seen any advertising from Sky or RTE to intimate that they are going to launch on Paddy's day. I know there have been several rumors (some of which have emanated form Sky themselves).
    I for one hope its true as I only have a digital connection and a set of rabbit ears.

Thanks for the info Zak

You can be assured that if RTE were to launch on Paddies day, that at this stage, there would have been tests,their dish would be built,there would have been a definite announcement from the BCI regarding their licence(definite as opposed to "in principal") and finally RTE ever mindfull of it falling advertising revenue , would have its arrival date on Sky plastered on bill boards all around the country.

Boy that was along sentence:D
    mm

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭freetoair

I don't want to be accused of starting any rumours but isn't the official launch date for RTE April 28th.
    If they're still building the uplink at Montrose its obvious testing hasn't even started. From previous experience most new channels to SKY are tested for a few weeks before go-live. I reckon we'll see something by the end of March if the go-live date is April 28th.

I also believe Zack (well spotted), but what he saw were independent tests. You may all recall the tests with the Bavarian castles which used to pop up for an hour or so during the early testing of ITV and then disappear for days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭freetoair

.....and apologies. This should have been in the thread 'RTE on Satellite', so sorry for starting a new thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Tis OK :)

Action: Thread Merged.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Element 4

I just checked as well right now and got nothing, COME ON RTE!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Marconi

RTE's uplink dish is currently being assembled in Donnybrook - you can see it from the top of the 46A! The frame was put together yesterday, the dish part itself will probably be installed over the next few days - then the whole thing will have to be connected up electrically and seriously aligned - it's not the same as installing a SKY dish! Forget about a Paddy's w/e launch, the guys in RTE don't get paid overtime anymore due to the state of finances. Sometime in April at the earliest.
    Although not wanting to be seen to questioning ZAK's claim to have seen tests at 3AM - RTE would likely do them during the day - if SES Astra performed them they would have used their own test cards.

• Advertisement
Advertisement