Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

I want a new car....

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Have to say I quite like the Octavia. Nice big boot as well - someone I know who was thinking of buying one was sure he could get four sets of golf clubs into the boot. Good car at a great price

Like the Passat too as you might suspect

Driving a Corolla at the moment and like the range. Not too sure about the new range yet but it's a car difficult to complain about

And if I had 70 grand to throw away?
    That nice new Jaguar S-type R 4.2l V8. *foams at mouth*. Classiest motor on the road. And it has a nice vertical grille (reminiscent of the Edsel, but I'd take one of those too if I had money to throw away on something that drives like a box but feels classy)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭Odian

www.skoda-auto.com/share/sport-gallery/810x540/SP_2120.jpgSP_2120.jpg

bet ya could fit ure golf clubs in there and all!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Ohhh I never thought of the Octavia... lovely car to drive... and very reliable... I think I'd still go for the turbo diesel though...

Good call Mike65

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

The TD is engine to go for, the Octavia is even better when you know you've just saved about 3 grand over the guy sat in the VW Passat beside you at the lights! :D

Not to mention the 8 grand you saved over the fool sat in the Audi A4! :D:D

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 eireann.org

How about a fiesta zetec S ?

A rare car - there's very few around.

1.6 litre, 100 bhp, low insurance, and good torquey aggressive looking car - all elec, cd, alloys, alarm, immobiliser, deadlocks, aircon...

and i have a low mileage, perfect '00 one for sale for bargain price of 11,000 Euro!!!!

pic attached!

eireann@eireann.org

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Winning Hand

Sorry but thats as aggressive as a sneeze. Nice condition from the pic, change the location of the picture though, it looks like you just robbed it :)

Take a look at the Seat Leon 1.6, better looking golf with the same level of reliability.

Id say the new mini, only it is way too overpriced over here.

perhaps I should have said it's aggressive for a fiesta? seriously, it's a goodlooking car with the mesh and all, fastest you'll get out of a 1.6 litre and not have to pay over the tops for insurance.

great condition as it has only done 12k miles. the reason it's in that dodgy looking 'location' is because it happens to be a very secure location which we pays good money for!!!! ;)

more pics here: http://www.eireann.org/fiesta.html

1.6 litre, 100 bhp

dont be stupid

Yes, 100 brake horsepower from a 1.6 petrol engine - what is stupid about that? Its pretty good actually. See the specs below.

In December, my 7 year old 1.8 litre integra was dyno'd on a rolling road at 172 bhp - pretty close to the 178 bhp it would have had when new. that's almost 100bhp per litre. it's a naturally aspirated engine, as is the fiesta zetec s.

Fiesta Zetec S specs:

http://uk.cars.yahoo.com/newcars/ford/fiesta/430852.html

Eireann, i know but its a fiesta.

Them stats i think mite be wrong thought it had 115BHP

Ya pay much for it?

• Advertisement

we haven't dyno-d it yet so maybe it has more bhp than officially quoted. it's actually not my own car as mine's an integra as can be seen on my site at www.eireann.org

it belongs to my boyfriend who is selling it for bargain 11k Euro. they cost 19,050 Euro new.

exactly, it's a fiesta. and that's what the insurance company thinks also. so you get a nice big bang for your bucks.

been at that site before through Maxed-ie.nice site
    nice price,bloody rip off though,car prices in Ireland.My uncle got one in Uk last year for £11k,poxy country

shud have no probs selling it

yeah, in uk sterling the 11k Euro works out at 7k (or thereabouts) sterling - which is such great value for what you're getting.

i seriously consider moving to the uk or states where there is more freedom to mod cars.

who are u on maxed-ie then? am looking forwards to their site being back up again... my tegger is in 100% modified show, which i am looking forwards to. it'll be really nice to see other modified cars up close - and not just cars owned by motor-factor companies (the fusion focus for instance). Not that i don't like them, but it's good to see what regular people on the street r doing. there's gonna be so many ice cars there though - that'll be somat to see (hear). :)

Sorry did u say ure a gurl?? :p usually a bird wudnt know her mesh from her rear wing!

Yea im goin myself to RDS, use the same nick at maxed.

Wota got done to the tegger,any ice in it?

yes, me got punani... so i know a wing when i see one (he he heh ;) )

yeah the tegger got ice - pioneer headunit, sony xplod amp, sony xplod 10" sub, sony 6x9s in parcel shelf, kenwoods in front doors... just enough to let me hear everythin that's on the cd.. but purely a personal satisfaction ice system - nothing to compete with what's out there and what'll be in the ice section at 100% modified

it's all plugged in and wired up and sounds great, but the cosmetics of the install is work in progress as i have some mdf, filler and felt work to do...

punai ehhh? wot part of a car does that go into!lol

sounds slick look forward to seein it there:D

Advertisement