Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

worst pub/club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭ayatollah

Searrard has just passed out and collapsed in a heap on the ground beside me!!!!

there's no way i'm giving him cPr

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Originally posted by ayatollah
    searrard just told me about it - never speak to me again!!!!

this sounds interesting ... dish the dirt ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

times like this i'm glad my ugly mug ain't on the net ,,., i hate u all! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭ayatollah

its only a matter of time - azezil !!

the end is nigh!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 $ynergy

why azezil i do believe this is you!

Titanic.jpg

• Advertisement

pffft i'm too good looking for people to laugh at :p

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Winning Hand

Hairy lemon, frequented by long haired too-old losers perving on young'uns

Doyles : dump

Bakery is grand once you get inside, its the knackers that dont get in there or henrys that cause all the problems

Goat broke lose: too CIT

I used to hate rosie o gradys but I like the renovation, much less "irish"

Personally I cant stand the Star, way too studenty for my liking

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

I haven't set foot in the Palace for a good couple of years, and I don't ever plan to again.

Dishonourable mention also goes to Zanzibar and Pegs (spit) on the corner of Nassau St.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭ykt0di9url7bc3

azezil was in prob the worst club in about 100miles, the pedigree corner and the titanic Celine Dion song came on.....(did i mention the club was ****e!)

azezil locked out of his tree stood up on a table, on the balcony overlooking the Dance floor and put his arms out wide like ole kate winslet....next thing ye know azezil is hit by a flying bottle and fell off the table....

i split myself laughing for a few months at this....a few years later i get to college and in my first week i get talking to a girl who lives near athy...so i get talking to her about the club and my few stories crop up, and when i mentioned the one about the guy who stood up on the table...she screams "Titanic Guy!...you know him?"...i fell around for a few more months laughing my ass off....

Azezil you're a living legend man :P

Originally posted by SearrarD
    azezil was in prob the worst club in about 100miles, the pedigree corner and the titanic Celine Dion song came on.....(did i mention the club was ****e!)

azezil locked out of his tree stood up on a table, on the balcony overlooking the Dance floor and put his arms out wide like ole kate winslet....next thing ye know azezil is hit by a flying bottle and fell off the table....

i split myself laughing for a few months at this....a few years later i get to college and in my first week i get talking to a girl who lives near athy...so i get talking to her about the club and my few stories crop up, and when i mentioned the one about the guy who stood up on the table...she screams "Titanic Guy!...you know him?"...i fell around for a few more months laughing my ass off....

Expect a knock on your door within the next 2 mins... BITCH!! LMAO

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Originally posted by daveirl

Bad pubs in Cork,
    The Goat Broke Loose,
    The Thirsty Scholar
    The Maltings
    The Mardyke Tavern
    Doyles
    + loads more!!!

I dunno i have always had a laugh in the Filthy Squalor, generally i go to the Lobby for some tunez and good clean fun :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

The Beacon court town harbour. its a kip!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭T.G Catter

ah but u know u love the moving dance floor...........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Kalina

The Palace in Dublin, or Club LA in Waterford.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭SheroN

Club Soda, in Carrick on Suir.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Originally posted by Kalina
    The Palace in Dublin, or Club LA in Waterford.

Club LA or Club laah as it is known locally is a dive. Is that place still open?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭ykt0di9url7bc3

its still called lah but for the big sign outside saying
    "the rythmn room"

still a kip and still wet carpet and still expensive and still has the strippers on rag week

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭Mr.Applepie

Originally posted by SearrarD

ROFL quality azezorilil qaulity!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Kalina

And it's still a dive!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭phoenix2181

does any remember "pa's" at the back of the shopping centre in dundalk, the worst ****hole club in the worst **** hole town in Ireland, the club looked like macdonalds on acid, plastic seats even a bar that a uncanny resemblance of the famous golden arches complete with the over head boards advertising differnent happy meals I mean drinks, god that place was dodgy, thankfully the place closed down a couple of years back.

does anyone have the misfortune to stubble into this place??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Worst places I've ever been in:

Rockford's in Roscommon the only place in Ireland where ass grabbin is actually problem encountered by men rather than women.

Both clubs in Navan, Oisins and The Solar (pronounced De Solaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar) the only places in Ireland where an assgrabbin is a certainty for women and a cockpunchin is a certainty for men.

And finally to Dublin where there is so much choice but I'd have to plum for Republica/Peigs/whatever you call it/is it even there anymore? The memories of £1 a tequila nights still hurt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭NutJob

This will probably get me flamed but

The GPO Galway

there are better clubs in small towns

• Closed Accounts Posts: 691 ✭✭✭Ajnag

Originally posted by NutJob
    This will probably get me flamed but

The GPO Galway

there are better clubs in small towns

Not Quite flamed more sautéd:) I agree the gpo aint the best, but considering they make a half-arsed attempt to provide music outside the range of the 2fm/louis walsh generation(unlike others) and have kick ass leather couchs which are damn nice when stoned - to compare to the likes of the many ****holes i have encountered in small towns is a bit too far.

****holes in galway for me :The alley(lives up to the name in many ways)
    :C.ps(the bouncers, the attitudes, the music, the dodgy middle aged pervert from home(60miles+) who dosnt drink and stares at young uns all night-not the worst in layout tho)

:church lane - theres a good ffin reason its free in!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Acidflash

Originally posted by Ajnag
    :C.ps(the bouncers, the attitudes, the music, the dodgy middle aged pervert from home(60miles+) who dosnt drink and stares at young uns all night-not the worst in layout tho)
    [/B]

good points from a customer point of view, but as i work there part time i have to say not all the ppl working have the attitude, there are some however (mainly bouncers) who do have the attitude and need a good hiding, the majority of the staff are OK though.
    As for a club i really don't like going in there when i'm off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭Mr.Applepie

Originally posted by DapperGent
    And finally to Dublin where there is so much choice but I'd have to plum for Republica/Peigs/whatever you call it/is it even there anymore? The memories of £1 a tequila nights still hurt.
    Im going there tonight to celebrate the end of my exams(being dragged mind you!) and its now 1euro a drink but i've heard its a tenner in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 691 ✭✭✭Ajnag

nothing aimed at the staff, more the clientel, bar staff are brave to say the least:)

• Registered Users Posts: 36 bok

cluseaus (or however you you spell it) in ashford, Co. Wicklow is the worst club in Ireland. You have to be drunk going in to numb your sense of smell because the smell of piss and **** combined would cause you to vomit. The women are very unlikable and at around €12 on the door it is ridiculous ( but its great for letting 15 year olds in) and the beer price is outragous. Someone should open a half decent club in Wicklow and destroy the evil wrath of cluseaus. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭deco

Boo Radelys or the Radisson would have to be the two worst in Galway...

As for the worst pub....most definitley the College Bar...oh my God it is so bad....

Like a bloody barn and the worst pints known to god and man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭SYL

I agree with DapperGent, Navan is a hole. But have you ever been to Athboy DapperGent, now that is a veritable hotbed of redneck sh1tkickers if I ever seen one. And I have to live there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Ahhh Athbboy. Buck Mulligans really deserved a mention on this list, what a black bit of despair that place was never mind the bus journey back to Navan afterwards. And as you said SYL plenty of inbred slackjawed yokels to chat up.

Good fu(k I hate being from Meath.

Advertisement