Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

I hate Motors

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭bruce wayne

but at what age do you stop being a young driver. I've been insured in my own car since I was 22 and for the last few years while doing the annual ring around to get quotes from approx 15 insurance companies, it always amazed me that the young driver criteria changed every year.

For example one paticular company when I rang (and before I told them my age) when I was 22 was told that they did'nt insure male drivers under the age of 23, the following year rang back now aged 23 only to be told that they dont insure male drivers under the age of 24, and so on.........three 3 runnings I've been told that crap.

As for cyclists.....**** off......how many of you guys cycle through red lights, up and down on the paths, cycle at night wearing dark clothes and no reflectors........u guys are more dangerious then us

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭bruce wayne

the statistical facts on this one are wrong.......it is FACT that women drivers cause and are involved in more acidents then men (usually caused by bad spacial awareness or lack of attention) ...the difference is that these acidents cause less damage (bumps and scrapes) and result in lower claims.

When men cause acidents they tend to be more serious and cost more to fix.

So to quote the correct stastic......women are not better drivers and cause less acidents, they are in fact the worse drivers and cause the most acidents but have the lowest claims. Men are the better drivers because they cause less acidents, but are more dangerious drivers because their acidents cause the most damage.

This is FACT - from friend (female)in the insurance industry

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

What kinda big nasty bike have you got?

well Stephen I didn't say it was a BIG nasty bike, it's a little nasty bike :D yamaha sr 125 - but he's me baby ya know :D when I win the lotto I'll get meself a BIG nasty one!! :D

WWM - I would like to state that I consider you a man of intelligence!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

Originally posted by Beruthiel
    What kinda big nasty bike have you got?

well Stephen I didn't say it was a BIG nasty bike, it's a little nasty bike :D yamaha sr 125 - but he's me baby ya know :D when I win the lotto I'll get meself a BIG nasty one!! :D

WWM - I would like to state that I consider you a man of intelligence!! :D

a nasty little bike then :D the operative word being *nasty*! no no only messing...

WWMan - I sincerely hope you wouldnt label every young male driver as 'dangerous'. Many of us young male drivers genuinely deserve low premiums... alas but the boy racers ensure they are kept depressingly high.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

a nasty little bike then the operative word being *nasty*! no no only messing...

I'm beginning to feel like your man in the Three Musketeers - alrightie then, step outside the door please and join the queue!
    :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Whats this you want to talk to me about NeRb666?

I haven't recieved any PM's from you or anything yet..

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭NeRb666

Originally posted by OJ
    Whats this you want to talk to me about NeRb666?

I haven't recieved any PM's from you or anything yet..

what! I keep my PMS to myself thank you very much.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,034 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Ive had enough of this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,034 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

This thread was started as a flame war by OJ. I have had enough of his blatent spamming and muppetry. The thread has gone off topic from i hate motors, to i hate insurance, to i hate women drivers, to a converstaion involving private messages. For these reasons the thread has been locked. Got it?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement