Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Learning to drive a bike

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

woohoo, I just purchased a nice blue/white 1999 Virago with ~6500 miles on the clock :D

I'll be taking delivery of it on Friday when I get home from college.

ooo the excitement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭Kegser

Nice one... I hope you have many happy hours of riding on her. :)

Sounds like a good deal btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

Best of luck with the new bike Stephen :)

Originally posted by Beruthiel (ages ago)
    Why don't you get a biker friend to show you

That's all arranged, one of my friends has been driving a new CG 125 for about 6 months now, had an elderly RXS 100 for a while before that (you can stop laughing now :)) - he's going to give me a few tips.

btw, (if anyone cares) I'm getting the bike delivered on Thursday evening now rather than Friday, since there's no college on Friday due to an open day. I imagine most of Friday will be spent riding around :D

I hope to be proficient enough to drive the bike back to college (~30 miles) by Monday morning :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

well good luck with it! and watch out for all those loonie drivers out there, 'cos the bigger the machine they drive the more they think they own the road!!

• Advertisement

Bugger.

The dealer never bloody delivered the bike this evening :mad:

I'm gonna be on to him on the phone first thing in the morning. (Can't go in person since the insurance on ye olde moped is gone now)

Hmm... he's promised to deliver it this evening, fobbed me off with some story about his van being unavailable because it was being serviced or something.

I don't mind, as long as it does arrive this evening, since I haven't paid him yet :D

Originally posted by Stephen
    since I haven't paid him yet :D

Stick to that.. i suppose you know well that if u pay him without taking delivery of the bike you'll never see it.

Anyway, heres hoping that you actually get the bike! Post a pic of the new baby when she arrives :)

Got it at 6pm this evening... just got in now from a whole lot of cruising around :cool:

I'll see if I can locate the ould lad's digital camera and take a photo :)

fun fun fun

The moped seems so unbelievably sh1t compared to it :)

Ok, here's some poor quality, poorly lit pictures I took in the (cluttered) garage. Too dark to take any outside. I might take a daylight shot tomorrow, weather permitting :)

virago_front.jpg
    virago_tank.jpg

• Advertisement

Excellent! Love that blue colour...

Ehh.. come down to cork for the easter egg run :):)

May you have many many years of happy cruising!

What's this easter egg run? :)

basically its a load (and I mean a load load load) of bikers get together, give a few quid to charity (you pay to enter your bike in the run) and then drive from midelton to douglas st. (normally). You also get the added buzz of driving down patrick st in a group of hundreds of bikes.. normally takes up the entire length of the street for at least 10 mins...

great music/grub in a pub in douglas st then... grand laff

virago-full2.jpg

My house looks like a rubbish tip :)

Advertisement