Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Smashing Pumpkins

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Zwan are ok from what I've heard (crackly live recordings), album should be out in a few months.

"Chicks just get in the way" is funny :]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭deco

Originally posted by PiE
    But then again theres a fine line between egotist and perfectionist.

Thank you for your condesention....

And just a point...there is very little corelation between egoism and perfectionism...

Franz Kafka was a militant perfectionist but he was ANYTHING but an egoist...

And the list could go on.

here ends the pedantry...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭boddah

Originally posted by PiE
    Boddah, I could make a copy of the Zero EP if you want, I'm sure you'd prefer the real CD though.

Yeah I would, but thanks for the offer PiE. I'll get around to getting it off eBay or something one of these days.

Glad to see there are so many other Pumpkin fans out there. I can't wait to hear Zwan, i think Corgan and Chamberlain were by far the most talented members of the Pumpkins so hopefully Zwan will have great things to offer.

I think its wrong to nitpick over Corgan's ego, its by no means a measure of talent and he should not be judged because of it, irritating as it may be. From reading about onstage banter it appears he had at least a slight sense of humour ("If you hear one of our songs on the radio and its all chopped up, you phone that radio station and tell them they're f***ing stupid!") The man can write and play songs that affect me like no other.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 musicnotes

Wow this thread is old ! :D But I heart the Pumpkins too! music that really makes you think.Billy is a lyrical genius

• Registered Users Posts: 2,750 ✭✭✭irishguitarlad

Just resurrecting this thread to say that Billy Corgan is a genius, I've been going through their albums recently and holy shít wow. That song Perfect is so beautiful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 The Homeball

Love Billy but the new album is weak. It's a crime having a drummer as good as Chamberlin restricted to playing four on the floor. This is Corgan, though, you don't get the highs without the lows and Atum is a dull low.

Advertisement