Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Consoles: which will rule?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭Rags

"if you'd take the trouble to look back at a previous thread posted by yomamma you'd c links posted to video footage of the gamecube. they are what swayed me."

Actually to be honest I dont got the time (or money, hint hint Eircom) to spend time downloading clips. I usually just check out game network or Game Pad to see the latest next gen releases. I havent seen anything on gamegube that would make me rush out to buy it yet. Luigi's mansion looked pretty good graphic wise but games like Halo and unreal for X-box are what would make me buy a console cause they are my type of games. But hey its early days yet

James

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭Jabba_the_SLUT

Originally posted by Shinji
    The original PS pad was the horrible little one without the sticks...

And being pedantic here, no, they're not the same. The Dual Shock 2 has analogue buttons and very slightly modified design, as well as a significantly improved rumble system.

my mistake.

and also what i mean is do they feel the same?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭Jimi-Spandex

I hope gamecube, but honestly it will be PS2, why its blend of vast unoriginality and licence churning will beat true genius in the market place, but i know ill still be playing my dreamcast for the time being

XBOX and PS2 will dominate . GameCube just another Kiddies Console ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

Resident Evil 1 on gamecube made me drool...
    It's really not fair, the Res. Evil series is going to be a GC affair, Shenmue will be an X-Box affiar and i REALLY want MGS2 :mad:

bah :(

Haven't voted yet, i really cant decide.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭phreak

i'd nearly buy a ps2 just so i can get MGS2. its going to be brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Originally posted by Shinji
    Wrong question. The DOMINANT console next year won't be the same as the BEST console next year.

hmmm I refer my learned co-mod to the poll I posted. It contains nary a reference to the word "best". I said "Which console will rule?" and "Which will be the dominant console next year?".

I however concede that my last line: "[...]the Rolls Royce of consoles and who's going to be the next Atari Jaguar?" could be construed as equating "Roll-royce" with "best" in terms of quality rather than popularity.

In short: waaaah! shut up already! you nerdy lawyer!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭DeadBankClerk

roffle - i looked at the tpoic of the thread and came in to complain becasue there is no atari jaguar.

but their is :)

lol pld :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭Firefox

Unfortunely seems the PS2 will win outright because it's the only console joe public really know about and down to Sony marketing.
    Followed by Nintendo than Xbox but it will be a close match.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

And three years later Firefox was proven correct.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

It was 3 years ago? Does it really matter now?

D'oh.

Came across this thread through doing a little research on the Atari Jaguar- which someone stated in another thread didn't exist (see attached picture). A little googling got me details on the platform and landed me here. Thats the genesis of my comment.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

Give me a gamecube any day. then an xbox because that gets loads of the pc games like deus ex and Kotor. screw sony and their crap console!

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

*reaches for cube controller*
    *remembers is off cube till exams are over*
    *sobs*

I have exams starting on the 31st and I still havnt studied and I stupidly got two newgames that have I have been playing loads.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,865 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Fudge them all. Get a saturn.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

WOOHOO SATURN RULES!

this makes me wanna play nights...

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

GBA is the most played console. Heck my GBA SP gets played more then the computers/consoles.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

That is so true. I'm addicted to Wario Ware Inc at the moment, just beat Wario's boss game a couple of days back and playing on the bus all the time! The Dr. Wario game in it is soooo much fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Stormfox1020

Me thinks the new handheld consoles will dominate 2005. With all the new arractive features on the new handhelds it will appeal to a wider audience such as old gamers ie.(18-30), plus the fact that handhelds always outsold the Home consoles, the Handhelds will dominate the market. Ill personally go for the PSP, for its DVD, MP3 and Wireless connectivity features.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,865 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

WOOHOO SATURN RULES!

Panzer Dragoon Saga is currently eating up my life. And radiant Silvergun is finishing whatever is left.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 War Rocket Ajax

I think it's about time VECTREX makes a comeback and shows the world what real gaming is all about.

The Vectrex sure looked like a black Mac!
    Come to think of it- it did herald the beginning of modern gaming consoles- insofar as it was the very first system that used vector graphics (as opposed to the chunky pixelated crap on the prototype Commodore stuff that was floating around). Hmmm- that was the PET, I think?
    Picture of the VECTREX attached for anyone old enough to remember one......

S.

smccarrick wrote:
    The Vectrex sure looked like a black Mac!
    Come to think of it- it did herald the beginning of modern gaming consoles- insofar as it was the very first system that used vector graphics (as opposed to the chunky pixelated crap on the prototype Commodore stuff that was floating around). Hmmm- that was the PET, I think?
    Picture of the VECTREX attached for anyone old enough to remember one......

S.

HA gotta get me one of those!

TURBOGRAFX 16 FOREVER!!!!!!

(echo) forever forever forever

Advertisement