Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Made to order PCS

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Koopa

i phoned electronics boutique when i was looking for geforce prices, the one in town, and they said sdr geforces were £200 irish, ddr were £229 i think, and that they didnt have any tnt2s left, but the price was supposed to be £99 irish for a creative labs ultra

kindof seems right, because i purchased a guillemot xentor 16meg tnt2 off them last summer, for £100 irish, theyre the cheapest shop ive seen for graphics cards

as for scan.uk, the point is that when you are paying manufacturers like gateway a similar price, you dont get any choice of hardware, or overclocking or anything in general, and on top of that its slightly cheaper as well.. even with the conversion rates

• Registered Users Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Gerry

I have creative annihilator pro cards for £200 if anyones interested

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,265 CMod ✭✭✭✭MiCr0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭shank

Gerry do you do fans?

I'm lookin for a GlobalWin VNS04 or a GlobalWin VOS32+ preferably.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

yeah sam, that's were I got me voodoo3500.

Oh fyi Micro, a 700 mhz athlon completely kicks the @rse off a 700 mhz P3, no contest.

[This message has been edited by amp (edited 21-04-2000).]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

why yes it does,

also i got mine to 750 smile.gif

but it wont go to 800 with out a l2 speed change frown.gif

Ok amp, post your benchmarks here. Sure in number crunching the athlon is faster, which is all very well if you use scientific software. I reckon my new coppermine with my crappy banshee will have faster benchmarks in quake3 in lower detail. Do your research before making rash generalisations amp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

oh sweet jesus i cant believe i just read that.

any coppermine P3 will beat an equivalently clocked Athlon in every single test bar FPU benchmarks (where the athlon would come out with approx. a 5% increase).

even the 866E beats the 1Ghz athlon in over half of most major benchmarks.

the sooner amd do something about their cache and the data bus between it and the cpu the better.

your full of **** amp smile.gif

I was trying to be subtle kali smile.gif, but I am getting a coppermine 600 on tuesday which has been tested at 850, so it will "slightly" beat an athlon of the same or lesser speed, especially as the agp and the memory will be overclocked also.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,265 CMod ✭✭✭✭MiCr0

lets be honest
    at 700mhz does it really matter?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

hmmmm, I was basing my comment on reading Toms Hardware guide and an old comparison between 500/600mhz K7 vs P3 overclocked to 700. ooops. This was pre-coppermine so things have obviously changed a bit.

P.s. Kali, calm down.

Lunacy Abounds! Play GLminesweeper!

Advertisement