Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Most Argumentative Poster 2005

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Fight it! Fiiiiiiiight it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

In the sense of "must get the final very last word in" stakes, I have to give it to MorningStar...his supposed correctness doesn't win the argument as much as his sheer doggedness on arguing you to death....or until you stop replying.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Prior Of Taize

Mr. Nice Guy 4tw :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,293 ✭✭✭ionapaul

No, it's definitely between WWM and Morning Star (who I've never, ever, EVER seen move one inch from his starting position on a subject throughout the course of an argument - he'd make a hell of a negotiator for a public sector union!). Wicknight is also a pretty argumentative guy, fair play to him!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

You're all just plain wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Why isnt MorningStar up there?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭padser

Why did you not consider netwizzkid???

• Registered Users Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Shabadu

god i love you!
    *swoon*

In regards* to the Netwhizkid being argumentative theory, I'd have to disagree. All he really wants is for people to agree with him. He lands in a thread, says something mind-bogglingly trolly, and then gets hurt when the flame war erupts.

*geddit? LOLLERS

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

Kiera wrote:
    Why isnt MorningStar up there?

have you read the list of nominees?

*boggle*

• Registered Users Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Setun

WWM you're getting my vote.

If anybody is not convinced of WWM's worthiness, go to PI and have a little snoop around.

<nobody likes hearing the sad, bitter truth>

• Advertisement

Daddio wrote:
    WWM you're getting my vote.

If anybody is not convinced of WWM's worthiness, go to PI and have a little snoop around.

<nobody likes hearing the sad, bitter truth>

yes, im terribly upset over the whole affair tbh....

although, i am unsure what arguments ive had in PI.

Well, not arguments as such, but hilariously blunt put-downs.

How about an argument to the death to decide the winner, all contestants in.
    On the topic of... The New Transport Plan. Or just personal abuse could work either?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

Great idea for a thread piggy. Your steadily going up in my opinion thanks to fun threads like this. Ill have to put a bit of thought into this one before I vote.

actually, i usually like to think there is a message in what i post somewhere.
    sometimes its subtle, sometimes its not so subtle, but usually its to try and make people see things from a slightly different perception.
    to make people think. not enough people think.
    its my own personal crusade.

i would call it argumentitive. i am capable of seeing other peoples points, and changin my own view. i'll admit when ive been incorrect, and i always have reasons for my opinions.

if people see that as argumentative, then so be it.

as for hilariously blunt put downs, shame on you. youre the one with sarky remark at the end of your first post.

No I wasn't being 'sarky', and you're doing that thing you do. That thing where you shame me. Nooo... I'll get my coat. But how about that Transport Plan eh? ok...

Daddio wrote:
    No I wasn't being 'sarky', and you're doing that thing you do. That thing where you shame me. Nooo... I'll get my coat. But how about that Transport Plan eh? ok...

no, the thing i do best is irony.

you shame yourself. attacking me, starting an argument. i merely pointed out the facts.

although, i have to admit, i could find 10 people to put on that list as argumntative buggers better than that list. it really should have had regular boards users on it though, rather than one of wonders like myself and rosie.

by the way daddio, can you stick up some links to me being argumentative. id like to take a peek!
    cheers

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

wwm
    you owe me a pint
    of wadka...

yeah. i know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

have you read the list of nominees?

*boggle*
    ooopsy :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Kiera wrote:
    ooopsy :)

Lollers schmollers!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

It's gotta be that geezer whitewashman,i cringe when i read the PI forum,people coming on looking for help and he always seems to lambast them,or make out it's their fault:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭HelterSkelter

Your forgot BrianD, the man who thinks the status quo is fine and nobody should suggest any change. God help anyone who who suggests putting crash barriers on motorways!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Shabadu

jonny68 wrote:
    It's gotta be that geezer whitewashman,i cringe when i read the PI forum,people coming on looking for help and he always seems to lambast them,or make out it's their fault:eek:
    Sorry, are we actually reading the same posts? Have you got links to any of these horrible WWM posts?

At the end of the day there is one reason why he has the most votes: He has the highest post count + earliest join date out of the contestants, it tends to be the well known people that get the most animosity.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I'll plump for Rozie. That guitar thread had me in tears.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,286 ✭✭✭BrianD3

Most argumentative poster? Well, there are so many to choose from almost everyone who posts regularly in Humanities, Politics and Commuting/Transport could be nominated.

jonny68 wrote:

aye, again, id like to see the posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,402 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

wwm thinks his posts are sometimes subtle... hehe... I've seen more subtlety from TC approaching a female target.

Trojan wrote:
    wwm thinks his posts are sometimes subtle... hehe... I've seen more subtlety from TC approaching a female target.

i said sometimes.
    and sometimes not.

although i am not impressed with your comparison with TC's stalking prowess...
    :)

• Subscribers Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

went for morningstar, he never seems to get bored.

as for pigman he has gone up 78% in my estimation with this topic..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Trojan wrote:

wwm = subtle as a sledge hammer

speaking of TC, why the hell isn't he on that list!?!?! or bonkey?! :confused:
    pighead, you haven't got a clue!

Advertisement