Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Most Argumentative Poster 2005

Options
  • 03-11-2005 9:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,182 ✭✭✭✭

It seems to me like we have a few people who love nothing more than a good old fashioned verbal scrap.Pighead has often licked his lips with anticipation as one of the heavyweight arguers of boards.ie marches into a thread demanded to know what the fcuk the Original Poster is talking about.

Lets put it too the vote.

Here are Pigheads contenders:

1. Mr Nice Guy- Now many of you will be surprised by this nomination but he can be seen to get quite a mood on when it suits him. It's normally under the 'I can't believe how heartless you're being lads,show some respect please.Won't somebody please think of the families" type argument.

SAMPLE QUOTE
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=3509969&postcount=38

2. Morning Star - Intelligent, articulate and posts a lot. But don't you just want to drag him round the back of the school bike shed and kick the crap out of him? Get's his nose in every thread where theres even the hint of an argument. He also never admits he is wrong.

SAMPLE QUOTE
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=3044517&postcount=44

3. WhiteWashMan - An absolute collosous of a man who is 6 foot 4 and enters strong man competitions. This man could start an argument in an empty room.No quarters asked for,no quarters given.Often starts arguments before proceeding to lose interest half way through.

SAMPLE QUOTE
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=3545968&postcount=113

4. nesf - A mad man from the West.Claims to know everything about everything.Has often reduced opponents to tears or pathetic comebacks like "No you don't know what you're talking about".Gets agitated very easily and hates 94% of posters.

SAMPLE QUOTE
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=3532277&postcount=18

5. Rozie - A bit of a new kid on the block.Absolutely fearless in her arguing.Her attitude seems to be the bigger they are the harder they fall.Jury still out though,has only fought the one epic battle.

SAMPLE QUOTE
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=3485783&postcount=108

After much soul searching and thread trawling Pighead has plumped for Morning Star.The lad argued his heart out all year round and although he was rarely right he kept on arguing til the bitter end.Well done pal.

Whos the most argumentative poster? 154 votes

Mr Nice Guy
    0% 0 votes
    Morning Star
    12% 19 votes
    WhiteWashMan
    23% 36 votes
    nesf
    35% 55 votes
    Rozie
    5% 9 votes
    A.N.OTHER
    22% 35 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

I'm from the west?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

Mr. Nice Guy. Will argue over anything and everything on the ucd forum... :)

edit: it would appear that nesf has voted for himself...how sad :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,182 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Damn it,knew I should have voted nesf.Straight in with a cracking argument.I am not even going to attempt to argue my case here nesf,you are from wherever you say your from buddy.
    Vote nesf

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I've never found Nesf to be overly argumentative.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Pighead wrote:
    Vote nesf

Nah Morning Star ftw tbh :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

I'd say "opinionated" rather than argumentative for most of the users cited.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Pighead wrote:
    1. Mr Nice Guy- Now many of you will be surprised by this nomination but he can be seen to get quite a mood on when it suits him.

I wholeheartedly refute that accusation.
    Pighead wrote:
    It's normally under the 'I can't believe how heartless you're being lads,show some respect please.

I consider that a personal attack. Shame on you.
    Pighead wrote:
    Won't somebody please think of the families" type argument.

Unless you can provide evidence of me saying "think of the families" your comments will be greeted by me with disdain.
    ghostchant wrote:
    Mr. Nice Guy. Will argue over anything and everything on the ucd forum...

I challenge you to a duel! (no swords)

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

Rozie has to get it for going against the mods.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

I challenge you to a duel! (no swords)

No swords eh, I guess I'll just have to use my rapier like wit... er... takes one to know one??

• Registered Users Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Shabadu

I've always thought of WWM as swooping in from on high to opine, rather than degrade himself to the base level of argument.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

And he is anything but humourless tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Gandhi

If it is "most argumentative" as opposed to "best arguments" should NetWhizKid get a mention? His arguments rarely have the slightest relevance to the point being discussed, but he is not shy about sharing and defending his opinions. His vivid imagination is his greatest weapon.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭mad m

Shouldnt the Amp equation be in here?

Have to say though Mr nice guy from boards survivors(where we first met*flutters eyelashes*),always puts forward a good arguement.

WWM from what I have read in his past posts, can be very knowledgeable and the "why didnt I think of that" factor comes to mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

Well I voted!, I'm not saying who though.

Be fair on Mr Nice Guy, it's not as if he's actually argumentative in a vendictive way, it's more like he's argumentative in a "can you appreciate the other side of the argument on a human level" like a... nice guy.

Damn, wish I was on the list!. I have to get better known on Boards, I argue with people the whole time, I've just been too small time!

Laguna wrote:
    I've just been too small time!

Pussy....:)

I've been perfecting my argument techniques that's all!, that's why I haven't hit the big time yet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭secret_squirrel

Pighead wrote:
    |
    5. Rozie - has only fought the one epic battle.

Are you mad - everything becomes an epic battle with her - she wins hands down.

WWM - Definately not arguementative. He's (very) harsh but fair in his comments usually. And does us all a service with his muppet slapping. Usually has a unique way of looking at things that makes you think..now why didnt I think of that.

Nesf - normal poster tbh - I must have missed the arguementative ones - if any.

Mr Nice Guy can get a tad excited sometimes alright.

Gandhi wrote:
    If it is "most argumentative" as opposed to "best arguments" should NetWhizKid get a mention? His arguments rarely have the slightest relevance to the point being discussed, but he is not shy about sharing and defending his opinions. His vivid imagination is his greatest weapon.

****!, I completely forgot about him!, he would have got my vote if he was on the list!. The kid argues for arguings sake, going out of the way to belittle your opinion in a nonsensical manner.

Laguna wrote:
    I've been perfecting my argument techniques that's all!, that's why I haven't hit the big time yet!

Haha,that post made me laugh out loud..... good one

I usually fly under radar, If you want to hunt for big game then go for it....

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Rozie seems to be the only one on that lists that is argumentative,default win!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

WWM by a LONG mile..though he might disagree!!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

I agree with Tar, haven't seen anyone on the list apart from Rozie be real argumentative.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

Shabadu wrote:
    I've always thought of WWM as swooping in from on high to opine, rather than degrade himself to the base level of argument.

god i love you!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

god i love you!

WWm caught in Bizarre Agreement Shockeroo Fracas!! Thousands Stunned!! Rozie Demands Recount!!!

( Trying my hand at writing tabloid headlines)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Silverfish wrote:
    ( Trying my hand at writing tabloid headlines)

I tried that before. Was quite fun for a while, until the hangover came along.

Mr Nice Guy can get a tad excited sometimes alright.

You've been talking to my ex-girlfriend haven't you? She's a dirty rotten liar!

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Hahaha Pighead, you just keep rollin' them out! Another 5 star thread. I'm voting for nesf purely becase out of the given "Sample Quotes" He's dissing Pighead :p

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Tbh, Mr. Nice Guy doesn't tend to start arguments, he gets argued with alot and just argues his points of view and fights his corner. He's more 'the most argued with' that 'the most argumentitive'

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

Piste wrote:
    Tbh, Mr. Nice Guy doesn't tend to start arguments, he gets argued with alot and just argues his points of view and fights his corner. He's more 'the most argued with' that 'the most argumentitive'

yeah, but his opinion is always wrong...

• Advertisement

yeah, but his opinion is always wrong...

What's this corner I find myself in?;)

Advertisement