Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Belle and Sebastian

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭comet

Franky Boy wrote:
    Has another official date been added.
    Nope

Monday night is now on sale on ticketmaster as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Franky Boy

comet wrote:
    Monday night is now on sale on ticketmaster as well

I am so very tempted!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭Ro: maaan!

Anyone know if seating tickets are sold out, or just not on sale yet for the second gig?

Anyone have an idea who the special guests are?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Karlusss

"Cryptic last bit: There will actually be another B&S album (of sorts) released before "The Life Pursuit". In three weeks in fact. But we can't say what it is for a couple of days."

Live album? Eh?

Oh, if you want the rest of the info, you should be on the mailing list...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Ok can finally say i got my tickets for this as i had to give one as a present before i could mention that on here.
    yay belle and sebastian \o/

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Karlusss wrote:
    "Cryptic last bit: There will actually be another B&S album (of sorts) released before "The Life Pursuit". In three weeks in fact. But we can't say what it is for a couple of days."

Live album? Eh?

Oh, if you want the rest of the info, you should be on the mailing list...
    Hmm, only got that email this morning.
    Odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭noby

Maybe a post-jeepster singles/ep collection. Granted it would be a lot shorter than "Push bar man..."

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

noby wrote:
    Maybe a post-jeepster singles/ep collection. Granted it would be a lot shorter than "Push bar man..."
    Hope its a live album / collection of sorts.
    Covers album would also be acceptable.

It has to be a live album...

• Advertisement

The tracklist is on the site now.

Franky Boy wrote:
    The tracklist is on the site now.
    Ah fs. Thought you meant the mystery album...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 JimmyK

I was at a FREE gig for them last year at the Botanic Gardens in Glasgow as part of the West End Festival. All you had to do was turn up, the weather was fantastic and the location couldn't have been nicer.
    It was a great home-coming gig for them as they're from that area too.

It's "If you're feeling Sinister", live at the Barbican, available for download 6th Dec.

Deadly.

Though not the album I'd have chosen.

That should be good!I was contemplating going to that gig but it then just passed me by.
    That really keeps on happeing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Alana

No But I did hear that she was doing some solo work, but didn't know the specifics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 making strange

noby wrote:
    It's "If you're feeling Sinister", live at the Barbican, available for download 6th Dec.

I'm a big B&S fan, have almost all of their output (except for Push Barman as I have everything on it anyway), go to see them whenever it's practical - most recently I was at this IYFS gig in London. I'm a sucker for product. I want to be able to read the sleeve notes while listening to the album. If I download (illegally), I see it as no different to listening to an album on a listening post - if I don't like it, I delete it. If I do I will end up buying it. I have never, nor can I forsee myself ever, paid to download an album online.

And then B&S do this. Download Only???? What a bunch of crap. It totally invalidates any arguement bands/labels have against illegal downloads versus owning the actual product. As much as I'd like a momento of the gig, I'll make do with my bootleg MD until such a time as I can find an illegal copy of this album online.

edit: I'm aware that this is for charity an'all, so I won't go downloading it illegally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭lacuna

Firstly, it's memento, not momento.

Secondly, I don't see how it invalidates any argument that bands/ record companies have against illegal downoads. Afaik the main argument would be that the band has made the music and it's copyrighted so they should be paid for what's theirs. It'd be pretty lame if the main argument was that it's nicer for fans to have hard copies of the band's material.

Thirdly, it's not necessary to assure people that you'll download it legally just because it's for charity. You'll not get a Blue Peter badge here.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 making strange

lacuna wrote:
    Firstly, it's memento, not momento.

Secondly, I don't see how it invalidates any argument that bands/ record companies have against illegal downoads. Afaik the main argument would be that the band has made the music and it's copyrighted so they should be paid for what's theirs. It'd be pretty lame if the main argument was that it's nicer for fans to have hard copies of the band's material.

Thirdly, it's not necessary to assure people that you'll download it legally just because it's for charity. You'll not get a Blue Peter badge here.

:rolleyes:
    Just my opinion is all. I know that the main argument put forward is that bands should be paid for what's theirs, but the product vs. downloads argument has been used, and is the main reason that I buy instead of download.

I put in the last part about not illegally downloading it as it's for charity as I was sure I'd get someone else getting uppity about stealing from charity. I still have no intention of downloading it legally, so no, I wasn't expecting a Blue Peter badge.

lacuna wrote:
    It'd be pretty lame if the main argument was that it's nicer for fans to have hard copies of the band's material.

Pretty lame, maybe, but it's the main reason I'll not be getting it. Perhaps if they release it in some sort of physical form in the future; but for now I'll hold out for the new album.

Now, if you could also download a sleeve, and get an adult to help you cut it out, and stick it together with some double-sided ticky tape, with a cornflakes box as the backing, that might warrant a blue peter badge.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I never listen to CDs so I'd much rather download.

When ever I buy a CD I just rip it's contents straight onto my hard drive and listen to it there. And the CD is left gathering dust.

I've bought some of Belle and Sebastian's albums off the iTunes store in the past actually... and yes... it comes with the album art included.

I would only buy the cd's thats would end up having some sentimental value to me eg.All the b&s albums.

Advertisement