Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Belle and Sebastian

Options
  • 02-11-2005 9:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭

No not these guys but these guys have decided to do a tour-yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! Ho
    wever the only thing is when I go here
    on ticket master I find nothing about any dates in Dublin, even thought I heard it mentioned on 2fm and Today Fm not so long ago and that it is also mentioned here (on the tour part) that they'll be playing th ambassador...anyone any ideas what's going on??

Yipeeee anyway:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

They are yeah, MCD have confirmed, February 5th '06 at the Ambassador. No on-sale date yet, but it should pop up on Ticketmaster soon.

I usually know what the outcome will be for these sort of gigs but does anyone reckon this will sell out at all? There is a break on their tour scheduele between the Dublin and Belfast dates (which is rare) for a possible second Ambassador show...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭Ro: maaan!

It'll sell out very quickly. Second show is almost certain. I'd say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭elduggo

its up on ticketmaster alright, advertising a 9am sale tomorrow. the B+S mailing list said they'd be available from today but that it was advertised for tomorrow (to give the list members a head start).

I've been onto Road, Sound Cellar and Ticketmaster and none are aware of this early sale.

Tomorrow it is so.

And heres hoping for a second show. You can never get too much Belle and Sebastian!!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

Mmmm... ive been banking on a B&S gig for som time now, thank you God.

Im there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Franky Boy

elduggo wrote:
    And heres hoping for a second show. You can never get too much Belle and Sebastian!!

Too true.I think I have my ticket Yay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

you reckon it'll sell out that quick?
    Can't wait myself...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,156 ✭✭✭Serbian

The tickets are on sale now. I just picked up a couple.

yep, just got one - cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I got my tickets...

Thanks for the heads up!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Excellent I think I shall attend it!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭HarryHoudini

Yep, Got mine, cant wait.
    Seen them last time they played here in the Olympia, and Stuart Murdoch smashed up a guitar Pete Townsend style, it was most funny.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

How long till they sell out, in your opinion?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Well it looks like at least 8 have already been sold to people on this thread alone....

and how many threads like this exist!?!?!? ;)

ah well,better not be too fast!

very hard to know. I'd have thought not that fast, but I'd have said that about Jack Johnson also, and he was sold out in minutes.

The B+S concert is advertised as going on sale tomorrow so your average Joe Punter will be looking for their tickets then.

Best not to take the chance and get them anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭comet

This thread should be in Gigs/Events!

We do not want tickets sold fast...just for me :p
    shssh!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭comet

Yeah but we've all got our tickets so it can be moved now!! :D
    Ah I just think there has been a general deterioration of gig announcements being poeted there because people are posting in sub forums like this. I actually posted there because I hadn't seen this thread, come on mods!!

I ****ing hate the whole age matter.

Franky Boy wrote:
    I think I have my ticket Yay.
    You do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Sparkle

got my ticket. aw this makes up for not making architecture in helsinki!

Judging by this thread, and a few real life convos, you never know a second date could be on the cards.

Sparkle wrote:
    Judging by this thread, and a few real life convos, you never know a second date could be on the cards.
    Just as long as they don't move it to a bigger venue instead. That would rightly piss me off. Hmm... See them twice in a small venue... or see them once in a big venue...

Ro: maaan! wrote:
    You do.

Excellent,cannot wait for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Ro: maaan! wrote:
    Just as long as they don't move it to a bigger venue instead.

To where, The Point?

It'll stay in The Ambassador.

To where, The Point?
    Olympia.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭micromegas

I desperately want to see B&S while I'm in Dublin. Though it would cost me a ****-all lot of money to see 'em.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Vicar Street would have been nice.

Best gig I've ever been to was B&S at Oxegen. Can't wait to see them.

Has another official date been added.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭Tyrrial

seeing belle and sebastian in paris was amaizing.. as was seeing them at Oxygen. but i still hold out hope that this one will be the best!

Advertisement