Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Contractor VS Self Build

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Builderwoman!

Glad to hear that us women can get things done! I have to say I have had nothing but good things to say about all the trades that I am dealing with. I only found one messer which I spotted a mile off at quotation stage and needless to say did not give him the job despite his price being good.
    Tradesmen/reps etc find it a bit strange to be meeting a woman and not a man but I don't make any apologies for it....just get on with it. My mother in law thinks I am crazy looking after the building!! I have been dealing with a blocklayer that was recommended by member of our carpentry team and I was told by the other carpenter that this blocklayer was impossible to deal with and to get to finish stuff, meet deadlines etc and that if you went tough on him he would disappear on you. Our carpenter has been highly amused that this blocklayer has been jumping through hoops to keep me happy! He even came back and changed window sizes for me without charging me and has all in all been fine to deal with. I do think sometimes that it helps being a woman - a different mix of hormones or something!! I can also bargain much better than hubby so we have got some good value along the way.

Advertisement