Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Olsen Twins, they aint.

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,852 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

dublindude wrote:
    But from an anthrapologists perspective (or something) it would be sad if the white/black/yellow/whatever race was wiped out.
    Almost all of the genetic diversity of the human race is in Africa. From a geneticists point of view all humans non-African humans (white/wellow/red etc.) are the equilivant of sixth cousins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

Almost all of the genetic diversity of the human race is in Africa. From a geneticists point of view all humans non-African humans (white/wellow/red etc.) are the equilivant of sixth cousins.

Sure, but what I'm saying is...

Imagine you time travelled one thousand years into the future and there were no more white/black/etc people. Only brownish (I would assume) people.

It would be sad to think we had lost the different races we once had.

However I am totally aware the kind of people who say "let's keep the white race white" are most likely nutso racists.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,299 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Presumably this hypothesis can also be applied to the "black pride" movement then ? The term "Sub Saharan African" doesn't mean a whole lot when you consider that a person from Namibia has about as much in common with a Somalian as they do with someone from Norway and / or Vietnam.
    Is Somalia part of Sub-Saharan Africa?

Yes many Somalians are black, but you will find a mix between stereotypical Arab and East African body features. I would be quite difficult for me to mistake a (stereotypical) Somalian, (stereotypical) Nigerean and (stereotypical) Zimbabwean.

Of course, the Black Polish guy really threw me.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,299 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Holy bejasus - nice t-shirts.
    Ah, yes the further sexualisation of children. I wonder what the klan-types would think of paedophilia.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

oh dear.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭QualderWahl

Victor wrote:
    Is Somalia part of Sub-Saharan Africa?

Yes many Somalians are black, but you will find a mix between stereotypical Arab and East African body features. I would be quite difficult for me to mistake a (stereotypical) Somalian, (stereotypical) Nigerean and (stereotypical) Zimbabwean.

Of course, the Black Polish guy really threw me.

Well geographically, it is located in Africa and lies below the Sahara, so yes I would classify it as sub-saharan. Your point about "stereotypical" features of various nationalities is equally applicable to Europe. It would be quite difficult for me (or anyone else) to mistake a stereotypical Russian, stereotypical Spaniard and stereotypical Belgian. What exactly was your point ?

Incidentially, I recently met a white Namibian. That really threw me as I had no idea that there was a significant white population there.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement