Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Olsen Twins, they aint.

Options
  • 23-10-2005 11:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭

http://abcnews.go.com/Primetime/story?id=1231684&page=1

Came accross this article earlier today and thought I might share it. Two 13-year old singers, with numerous album releases, pretty, but that is where their similariies with the Olsen twins ends.

They have been indoctrinated by their parents, who have passed their white supremisist views onto their daughters.

There are two disturbing things that I have found with this story.

1) That parents would teach their children such nazi ideologies.

2) that there are nuts out there actually buying these records that these kids are releasing.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

That is disgraceful... AGH! Can't think of a decent enough way of saying how I feel about this.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

That twisted. Its sick to think that people actually think like that. "We want to preserve our race".......omg!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,484 ✭✭✭Töpher

Personally I find it quite revolting.

I'm all for freedom of speech, especially through the medium of music, but the inciting of hatred on a basis of skin colour (or for any other reason!) churns my stomach.

And, they look nothing like the Olsen twins!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Einst&#252 wrote: »
    I'm all for freedom of speech, especially through the medium of music, but the inciting of hatred on a basis of skin colour (or for any other reason!) churns my stomach.

Watch out Ice Cube.

prussianblue1488@yahoo.com

Feel free to barrage them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

What? Who are these people and why am I reading about them?

Seriously, haven't heard anything about these girls until right now when I've basicaly read an article telling me to ignore them. So uh, yea.. that's what I'll do. And life goes on as normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭toiletduck

I saw these kids on a documentary last year but cant remember the name of it. It's pretty freaky alright

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Wow.

You wonder whether they'll wake up one morning and think, "Oh my God - what have I been doing?"
    The sad thing is given the community they live in it will probably never happen.

If I was King that mother would get a knock on her door...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,515 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Wow.

You wonder whether they'll wake up one morning and think, "Oh my God - what have I been doing?"
    The sad thing is given the community they live in it will probably never happen.

If I was King that mother would get a knock on her door...

Probably not tbh, youd need something like an intervention and mental conditioning to break a mindset put in place by family/upbringing. Especially when theyre raking in cash of it.

One of the major concerns I remember seeing raised about German neo-nazis was that increasing numbers of women were joining the various movements. Previously as a young skinheads hormones began to kick in they would gradually drift away from the movement as it wasnt exactly beneficial in their search for a soulmate. The worry was that with a growing number of women in the movment, angry young men will find angry young women to raise the next generation of angry young kids with.

In the U.S. theres churches and whole community days/festivals being built on this sort of stuff, so its only surprising its taken this long for them to make a special effort to reach the kids. Though, seeing as only racist parents will actually buy it for their kids, I cant see it as having much extra impact at all apart from helping to keep those who are in, in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

toiletduck wrote:
    I saw these kids on a documentary last year but cant remember the name of it. It's pretty freaky alright

I saw that, it may have been on something by Jon Ronson or Louis Theroux.

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Karlusss

It was Louis Theroux, he was investigating Nazism in America.

He was in some skins garage and wouldn't tell them if he was Jewish or not. it was excellent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Catsmokinpot

i was reading some of these "white nationalist" (nazi) websites they keep going on about facts but you never see these facts... they blame jews for slavery they say the holocaust didnt happen, LOL. they say that breeding within your own race is the best thing to do, they say that black people arent as athletic as they make out (even though blacks dominate nearly every sport on earth) and they go on to mention 5 athletes who won minor vitorys over their black counterparts. its all on this website

http://www.officialprussianblue.net/forums/index.php

oh yes and they believe that egypt was ruled by white people... LOL!

what a load of bollox to be honest. teaching kids hate for no reason, apparently after hurricane katrina these girls were giving out clothes and food to "whites only..."

and there is a spot on their forum where people who are against them can "air their views" and they will be challenged intellectually, but you notice most people who do "air their views" get banned very soon after because these people have no sane argument as to why whites are better than blacks

redonkulous if you ask me! :rolleyes:

redonkulous if you ask me! :rolleyes:

Yeah, we're all equally inferior to robots. ;)

die prussian blue die!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭Nasty_Girl

apparently after hurricane katrina these girls were giving out clothes and food to "whites only..."

What? White people were affected by hurricane katrina??

B-b-b-b-b-but the media told me that it was just black people and all the white people were magically saved and what a racist hurricane it was to only attack black people and if white people had been affected then the government would have stepped in sooner but because they were black the government did nothing until it was too late and the media don't tell you lies....

Back on topic, the names of those two retards, Lamb and Lynx suggests that one day the parents will convince one to hunt and eat the other eating only your own race would be the way to go.
    Now that would be intersting and a fitting end to the little bitches.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,855 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

sprinkles wrote:
    That twisted. Its sick to think that people actually think like that. "We want to preserve our race".......omg!!
    oh they probably just mean the human race.

http://www.prussianblue.com/ - this English blues rock band should sue as they have songs going back to 1982, before the others were born.
    Even more news - we're now a registered trade mark! So we're going to have to put little ® after our name from now on. Doesn't sound much, but it actually means a lot to us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

They look good though....must try some of their music...can't imagine its any good, rascist or not

• Registered Users Posts: 78,299 ✭✭✭✭Victor

"We're proud of being white, we want to keep being white," said Lynx.
    Yeah its well known some people cath the black in their twenties. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

I don't think there is anything wrong with someone who wants to preserve their race, as long as it is not done in a hate way.

In fact, I think it would be sad if in 1000 years there were no white, black, yellow (etc.) people - just one big brownish/white family.

That's not to say I agree with these girls (obviously) but I don't have a problem with the concept of keeping our/your history/heritage/genetics/etc.

However, I understand most peoples motivations are based on hate/fear/etc.

And obviously I have no problem with interracial relations, so please don't go calling me a racist.

But from an anthrapologists perspective (or something) it would be sad if the white/black/yellow/whatever race was wiped out.

dublindude wrote:
    I don't think there is anything wrong with someone who wants to preserve their race, as long as it is not done in a hate way.

Is it really pride in your own race if you need hatred of someone else's to justify it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

dublindude wrote:
    That's not to say I agree with these girls (obviously) but I don't have a problem with the concept of keeping our/your history/heritage/genetics/etc.
    Which is what exactly?

My issue with all this going on about "white pride" is that "white" means largly nothing to me. Even the description "North Western European" doesn't mean a whole lot as a group description when you consider that I have about as much in common with a German person as I do with someone from South Africa.

So I feel when groups like this one talk about "White" they aren't really talking about the common culture and race of white people, cause that doesn't exist. What they are actually talking about is anyone who isn't black or asian, cause they are lower humans. In groups like these "white" isn't defined based on common culture it is defined as not being part of blacks or asians. To define your group based on the fact that you are not part of another group is quite silly to me, especially when you include the hateful asspect.

dublindude wrote:
    But from an anthrapologists perspective (or something) it would be sad if the white/black/yellow/whatever race was wiped out.
    Define "wiped out" ... I think you are confusing evolution with genocide. Or to put it another way, the native Americans were "wiped out", but the Spanish, French and English settlers who did that managed to maintain a sense of history and culture, while also evolving culturally and genetically into a seperate culture from native European people.

Is it really pride in your own race if you need hatred of someone else's to justify it?

Well said

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

dublindude wrote:

I know being a spelling-nazi is really bad form, but have you ever stopped to consider just how authoritatively you can comment on the perspective of a position / job you apparently can't spell?

The "or something" kinda ruined it too. Its like your argument boils down to "I'm confident someone, somewhere would be sad if this happened, I'm just not sure who."

jc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

check out the fashion page of their website, need we say more:rolleyes: http://prussianblue.net/fashion.htm

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Holy bejasus - nice t-shirts.

They have a forum with a section for people who have issues with them.

ferdi wrote:
    check out the fashion page of their website, need we say more:rolleyes: http://prussianblue.net/fashion.htm

Oh no...

"It is fun to look up your Irish last name and see the neat design that they wove to represent your family. Our family ancestory has the names Jennings and Flanagan."

ferdi wrote:

I don't know about anyone else, but I think this is a hot look:

lederhosenforgirls.jpg

Mmm... Gnomes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭QualderWahl

Wicknight wrote:
    Which is what exactly?

My issue with all this going on about "white pride" is that "white" means largly nothing to me. Even the description "North Western European" doesn't mean a whole lot as a group description when you consider that I have about as much in common with a German person as I do with someone from South Africa.

So I feel when groups like this one talk about "White" they aren't really talking about the common culture and race of white people, cause that doesn't exist. What they are actually talking about is anyone who isn't black or asian, cause they are lower humans. In groups like these "white" isn't defined based on common culture it is defined as not being part of blacks or asians. To define your group based on the fact that you are not part of another group is quite silly to me, especially when you include the hateful asspect.

Presumably this hypothesis can also be applied to the "black pride" movement then ? The term "Sub Saharan African" doesn't mean a whole lot when you consider that a person from Namibia has about as much in common with a Somalian as they do with someone from Norway and / or Vietnam.

Equally, I feel that when black pride groups talk about "black", they aren't really talking about the common culture and race of black people, because it simply doesn't exist. They are actually referring to white or asian as lesser human beings. To define your group based on the otherness of different ethnicities is quite silly to me, especially when you include the hateful aspect.

I know this thread originally references these silly white pride movements in California. However, I just wanted to demonstrate that white extremists do not have a monopoly on this hate mongering. It really is silly to worry about race preservation as the sheer numbers of whites, blacks or asians doesn't mean that any of these groups are about to become extinct anytime soon.

Finally, the context for the formation and increasing support for these "white power" groups in California is the related to the massive transformation of the states' demographics since the 1970s. At that time, California was 80% Anglo-Saxon and the "Charlies Angles" / "Baywatch" blonde hair, blue eyes stereotype really was applicable. However, by the year 2000, White Americans became a minority in California and now constitute approximately 45% of the popluation. The reasons for this demographic reversal are:

(i) Large volume of immigration from Latin Ameria and Asia since the immigration ammendment of 1965.
    (ii) Extremely low birth rates amongst white Californians.
    (iii) Ca. 500,000 white Californians leave the state every year for Arizona / Nevada etc..

I guess the huge demographic change has engendered some anxiety amonst white Californians which manifests itself in the formation of these reactionary groups.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Presumably this hypothesis can also be applied to the "black pride" movement then ?

Hasn't this been done to death already?

Yes, it can be applied.

However, blacks living in majority-white societies generally have at least one common trait - that of havnig been not-too-distantly oppressed by said white. Their pride is a retaliation against this commonality-caused denigration.

What commonality is it that the whites can claim to? That they all oppressed blacks?
    Equally, I feel that when black pride groups talk about "black", they aren't really talking about the common culture and race of black people, because it simply doesn't exist. They are actually referring to white or asian as lesser human beings.

I can't think of a single black pride group who's roots don't come from a rejection of discrimination and/or oppression, so I find it difficult to lend credibility to your suggestion.

Can you perhaps enlighten me, and show some black pride groups who didn't emerge in the face of discrimination against blacks? Or maybe some black-pride groups who's aims include ensuring the non-dilution of their racial uniqueness through "intermarriage"?
    However, I just wanted to demonstrate that white extremists do not have a monopoly on this hate mongering.
    No-one has a monopoly on hate-mongering. I don't see how that equates with trying to suggest that there is no distinction between the various "pride" movements.
    It really is silly to worry about race preservation as the sheer numbers of whites, blacks or asians doesn't mean that any of these groups are about to become extinct anytime soon.
    Its even more silly given that it is virtually impossible that anything more than the tiniest percentage of any given group can be historically racially pure in the first place. So most of them are supportnig and trying to preserve a level of purity that they themselves do not have. Or have they set some benchmark where its ok for X number of Nth-generation predecessors to be of a different race? Some cutoff point, before which the race of your ancestors doesn't matter?
    I guess the huge demographic change has engendered some anxiety amonst white Californians
    I'm sure the previous huge demographic change when teh non-native whites came in did something similar.

jc

• Advertisement

Presumably this hypothesis can also be applied to the "black pride" movement then ? The term "Sub Saharan African" doesn't mean a whole lot when you consider that a person from Namibia has about as much in common with a Somalian as they do with someone from Norway and / or Vietnam.
    That is very true, so when an American says "black pride" they are actually talking about black skinned african-americans who are mostly decendents from sub saharan african slaves.

When this group says "white pride" who are they talking about??
    They are actually referring to white or asian as lesser human beings. To define your group based on the otherness of different ethnicities is quite silly to me, especially when you include the hateful aspect.
    But they are not, they are talking about the decendents of African slaves who have lost all culture but the one forced on them by their masters.

There is actually a common cultural bond that joins African-Americans, that being a loss of identify and original culture. Hence the black pride movement that attempts to instill a new sense of cultural pride in a societial culture that has lost it or had it destroyed. It is similar to the Gaelic League movement in Ireland in the late 1800s, that attempted to not only force out external British cultural influences, but re-ignite interest and pride in traditional Irish culture that had been largely lost.

What exactly is the purpose of "white pride?" What cultural identity are these people trying to re-ignite interest in? There is not single "white" culture in America that share such a common cultural event as slavery, like black Americans do. From this cultural point of view "white pride" is pointless
    It really is silly to worry about race preservation as the sheer numbers of whites, blacks or asians doesn't mean that any of these groups are about to become extinct anytime soon.
    True, but it would be very naive to suggest the the African culture of slaves brought over survived the 500 years of repression and slavery in the Americas. To say that the African-American culture had nothing to fear from that is simply wrong. The European settlers systematically attempted to destroy all culture and tradition of the African slaves.

It could be argued that it has very little to fear in this present day, but that is only because of movements that have got modern African-Americans in touch with there original culture and history, and that have worked to overcome the stignatism and racism that effected black people for hundreds of years.

Don't forget that only 50 years ago, large parts of American culture seriously believed that blacks were sub-human and deserving of very little respect themselves, let alone the culture of these "savages". Black culture was at best ignore and at worst banned by the white establisment. Star Trek in the 60s was the first time a white man and black woman kissed on national television FFS, and that wasn't anything to do with an objection to the white man ...
    (i) Large volume of immigration from Latin Ameria and Asia since the immigration ammendment of 1965.
    (ii) Extremely low birth rates amongst white Californians.
    (iii) Ca. 500,000 white Californians leave the state every year for Arizona / Nevada etc..
    Well that just shows the ridiculousness of the idea of "white pride". Latin American settlers of Spanish/Portugues origin are white. Not only are they white, but they are white western europeans in exactly the same way as most white americans are. As Antonia Bandarous (sp?, yer man from Zorro) said sarcastically once "I always thought I was a white european, till I went to American and found out I was really a 'Latino'" :rolleyes:

I have no problem with white Americans of European decent getting in touch with their original culture. Sure, hell we Irish do it all the time, there are Irish flags all over Boston or New York.

But I have never seen a "white-pride" group or demonstration that didn't define its group as being fundementally racist, because the idea of "white-pride" makes very little cultural sense except as a racist idea. Just ask a latino who wants to join :rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement