Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Typically Irish?

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭fischerspooner

oh god I love that weathergirl... more than my girlfriend

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

A guy in my class in college asked me what part of canada I was from... he's not irish himself - he said I looked very similar to a guy he knows from canada - so I guess I have a canadian look :p (or the canadian guy has an irish look...)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

NO WAY! Can't believe you honestly thisnk that. Couldent agree any less with this. It's blatenly easy to tell an English person from an Irish person. I just can't put my finger on what it is, but it's so easy.

i think they call it an accent:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

Vangelis wrote:
    What would you say characterises an Irish person in appearance?

I'd say:
    -dark hair
    -oblong, thin face
    -brown eyes
    -lots of irregularities in position of nose, distance between the eyes and cheekbones

None of this is meant to be offensive. It's my impression only.
    I just wrote a post in "Irish Accents" saying that Irish people are ugly. That was what an Irish fellow told me once when he described the Irish, and I've never completely understood why. I've seen many beautiful Irish women and handsome Irish men.

Are you from the US?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,719 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Vangelis wrote:
    What if our civilisation collapsed and we lost our knowledge for how to make mascara, would you think all women would suddenly become ugly??!
    :eek: there is always bad disco lighting and beer glasses.
    Vangelis wrote:
    -lots of irregularities in position of nose,
    my curiousity has been piqued, all the Irish people I know have theirs in the centre of their faces.

• Advertisement

Irish people are quite distinctive - especially when you go abroad.

Pale Skin, freckles, the Irish nose, generally tall, often with longish light-brown or ginger hair.
    Plus the GAA top or Irish rugby shirt, and the fact that we talk loudly and usually in an Irish accent.

You forgot the white socks and brown sandals

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement