Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

G-Unit Or The Game ? ?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭big syke

i dont smoke blunts so, ah . . . . no.
    neither do i so...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭Kristok

Orizio wrote:
    I guess technical and lyrical ability shouldn't be considered when deciding on the current great?Or are you just being sarcastic?Or have you just got a fetish for men's voices? ;)

Maby he dosnt use an equation to decide whos his favourite and just likes who he likes.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Orizio wrote:
    I guess technical and lyrical ability shouldn't be considered when deciding on the current great?Or are you just being sarcastic?Or have you just got a fetish for men's voices? ;)

You complete pigeon. I like him cos i do right.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Kristok wrote:
    Maby he dosnt use an equation to decide whos his favourite and just likes who he likes.

Equation? :rolleyes: Its fine,just pointing out the stupidity of someone being your fave because of there 'voice'.

Well while you tick off your box's and decide on who you like, I like most people like someone just because i like them and they dont have to fit a certain box outlined by people who think they know what there talking about but really dont. Ive said it before and ill say it again theres an awfull lot of snobs around here.

Just like to point out this thread is completly off topic and should have been closed cause its just abuse anyone who says they like game or 50.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭ubu

Yes this thread has gone off topic, but so does nearly every other thread on this forum so i wouldnt get too worried about it if i were you, i should also point out that you were the one who started the abuse on this thread, valid points were brought up and you decided that its your duty to attack other posters, theres no snobs here, you just have an inferiority complex.

As for picking your favourite rapper because you like his voice, its akin to picking a car bacause you like the colour, disregarding important aspects such as performance, cost and reliability. While the post wasn't relevant to the OPs' question it was relevant to the discussion taking place in the previous posts, its not your decision to decide when a thread should be locked, thats entirely up to Makaveli.

ubu wrote:
    Yes this thread has gone off topic, but so does nearly every other thread on this forum so i wouldnt get too worried about it if i were you, i should also point out that you were the one who started the abuse on this thread, valid points were brought up and you decided that its your duty to attack other posters, theres no snobs here, you just have an inferiority complex.

Yea nice one actually read the thread from the start and youll see just how wrong you are. If someone wants to pick their favourite car because it comes in a certain colour thats no ones business but their own. There are snobs here your one of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭Klimseven

"...outlined by people who think they know what there talking about but really dont. "
    :rolleyes: what the hell is that supposed to mean??

Kristok wrote:
    Well while you tick off your box's and decide on who you like, I like most people like someone just because i like them and they dont have to fit a certain box outlined by people who think they know what there talking about but really dont. Ive said it before and ill say it again theres an awfull lot of snobs around here.

Just like to point out this thread is completly off topic and should have been closed cause its just abuse anyone who says they like game or 50.

Jesus you do get offended easily don't you?Without even reading the post i'm going to guess it goes something like you don't like 50 cent=your a snob, elitist blah blah blah.If you want to run off to the mods then do,no doubt it will make you feel exceedingly proud.;)

I'll give this one more chance-in my opinion,basing your fave rapper on his voice is asinine.Disagree?Of course you do.Do I care?Nope.

Besides my fave rapper is Cormega,and his voice takes a lot of getting used to.But i don't mind because lyrical he is one of the greats.I'd rather be fair and base my opinion on a rapper on his skills rather then one of his inate characteristics. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭hiphopfanno1

i dont smoke blunts so, ah . . . . no. Game signed to Interscope before 50cent did any type of producing/ colaberation etc with him. So 50 didnt discover Game

No he didn't discover him he made him famous. Who honestly had heard of The Game before The Documentary(His album)/ or This Is How We Do(his first single with 50)?The Game only blew up when 50 got involved

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Klimseven wrote:
    :rolleyes: what the hell is that supposed to mean??

Probably that you are a snob and put down mainstream artists because it makes you feel superior and cool, and that you are only jumping on the bandwagon while actually knowing nothing about rap music. At least that's what I would take from it.

Attica! Attica! Attica!

I know plenty about rap music. Man, I was responding to a post. Think I'm cool? What are you 12? Sorry if I offended you, ye f uckin muppet :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Ban me, this forum is so fu ckin ridiculous and pointless I couldn't give a flying s hit...

I know one thing about rap...it has absoltely nothing to do with little message boards where people take pot shots at one another about pointless, meaningless, pathetic crap...

Sarcasm is clearly lost on you.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: SUPAR MEGA R0LLIZE

sarcasm doesn't work on the internet.........and no, I'm not being sarcastic.....

Orizio wrote:
    Jesus you do get offended easily don't you?Without even reading the post i'm going to guess it goes something like you don't like 50 cent=your a snob, elitist blah blah blah.If you want to run off to the mods then do,no doubt it will make you feel exceedingly proud.;)

I'll give this one more chance-in my opinion,basing your fave rapper on his voice is asinine.Disagree?Of course you do.Do I care?Nope.

Besides my fave rapper is Cormega,and his voice takes a lot of getting used to.But i don't mind because lyrical he is one of the greats.I'd rather be fair and base my opinion on a rapper on his skills rather then one of his inate characteristics. ;)

Well actually read the posts and youll see the infighting started way before I even decided to post anything. I have no problem if you said in your opinion 50 is rubbish its when its said like 50 cent is rubbish and your an idiot for liking him thats when i have a problem with it. Dont know what makes you think im going to report the thread to a mod ive never and have no interest in doing so, im saying this thread is nothing but personal attacks by people who think they have some moral high ground over the rest of us. It seems that every thread started around here about something comercial usually ends up with someone like klimseven coming in calling people idiots and then it just gets completly off topic. Show me a thread about someone like mf doom or something that has ended like this id be shocked if there was one that eneded in this mess thats because the people who like comercial rap dont stick their noses into threads about something they dont like and defo dont call people names because they dont like the particular artist.

like klimseven coming in calling people idiots
    I never called anyone an idiot. I wasn't at all rude or insulting. Read my post for proof.

Kristok wrote:
    Well actually read the posts and youll see the infighting started way before I even decided to post anything. I have no problem if you said in your opinion 50 is rubbish its when its said like 50 cent is rubbish and your an idiot for liking him thats when i have a problem with it. Dont know what makes you think im going to report the thread to a mod ive never and have no interest in doing so, im saying this thread is nothing but personal attacks by people who think they have some moral high ground over the rest of us. It seems that every thread started around here about something comercial usually ends up with someone like klimseven coming in calling people idiots and then it just gets completly off topic. Show me a thread about someone like mf doom or something that has ended like this id be shocked if there was one that eneded in this mess thats because the people who like comercial rap dont stick their noses into threads about something they dont like and defo dont call people names because they dont like the particular artist.

Post links to the posts where people are called names in this thread in order to back up your statements.

You seem to be of the opinion that if people don't like something they can't contribute to the topic. Why is that? What an interesting place this would be if everyone agreed with everyone else.
    You imply that people who don't like commercial rap stick their noses into these threads, who are you to say people can't post where they want to?
    Why do people who only listen to commercial rap not post on MF Doom threads? More than likely because they have never heard his music and thus have nothing to contribute to the thread so I don't see your point.
    Yet again it's a case of you pulling out the snob card as you so often do.
    From reading your posts on this thread it appears to me that you have compiled a little list of the music snobs on this forum. I said in a thread before that I feel you have issues and I still think you do.

If you find posts abusive or unproductive or off-topic, report them.

Orizio wrote:
    Equation? :rolleyes: Its fine,just pointing out the stupidity of someone being your fave because of there 'voice'.

With a voice comes lyrics and I love his energy and what he raps about. It fascinates me and interests me. Is that enough of an explanation for you? Am i not underground or ghetto enough for you? Don't mind me, I am just rambling to a complete pigeon, they don't usually "get" things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭hiphopfanno1

cheesedude wrote:
    With a voice comes lyrics and I love his energy and what he raps about. It fascinates me and interests me. Is that enough of an explanation for you? Am i not underground or ghetto enough for you? Don't mind me, I am just rambling to a complete pigeon, they don't usually "get" things.

Just ignore the haters. Where ever you go there are going to be people who are just out to be haters no matter what. Some people might call me a Game hater ,even though I don't hate him really I just think 50 is a lot of more talented and has more potential as a rapper. Maybe everyone should stop their attitude of thinking their opinion is the right opinion, myself included??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

No he didn't discover him he made him famous. Who honestly had heard of The Game before The Documentary(His album)/ or This Is How We Do(his first single with 50)?The Game only blew up when 50 got involved

me, i don't wait for MTV to discover music for me.

• Advertisement

id heard of him but only because of the stupid beef with joe budden who is way more tallented than game. Didnt take him seriously till the album came out and saw the vids.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭chiller

ggggg g-unit are the kings of rap at the moment forget the game he just brings shAME TO THE RAP GAME ITS SHOULD A SHAME THE GAME WAS SIGNED

cheesedude wrote:

So you do appreaciate lyrical ability in a rapper???But you do realise that 50 is lyrical horrible?Well each to his own i guess...;)

Kristok wrote:

But surely you realise that the hate for 50 comes from people,like me,being exceedingly pissed off at 50,technically and lyrically poor,currently being the most well known Hip-Hop artist in the world when there are hundreds upon hundreds of more talented rappers out there don't get on MTV,don't get singed to a company etc because 50 is the one who gets all the publicity,primarly because he writes lyrics 4 year olds wouldn't be proud of and because he has the best producers backing him up.It simply isn't fair,hence the hate.

Let me put it like this-I wasn't complaining when Tupac and Jigga were getting all the publicity.

Orizio wrote:
    So you do appreaciate lyrical ability in a rapper???But you do realise that 50 is lyrical horrible?Well each to his own i guess...;)

Lyrical horrible? That is not going to get you any browny points in a rap forum. Put a muzzle on yourself will you.

cheesedude wrote:
    Lyrical horrible? That is not going to get you any browny points in a rap forum. Put a muzzle on yourself will you.

Brownie points???? :rolleyes: Anyway...

50 is lyrically horrible.Fact really.I didn't actually think you would dispute that one.

Look ive no problem if you dont like 50 none at all. I like 50 and so do allot of other people, are there rappers with better rhymes ? yea, but what they do with that lyrical ability is up to them and anyone with the talent can do what 50 did these artists dont and you shouldnt be blaming 50 for that its not his fault they are not doing good. Mtv will play whoever people want to hear and people want to hear 50 and anything that has to do with him.

Game is as big as he is right now because of his association with 50, people can say im right on wrong about that but thats how i see it. I remember game before 50 and I never thought he could be a success but with the songs 50 did with him my mind was changed. Theres other good songs on his album but nothing that would have got chart success imo.

You may not have been complaining when jay z was on top but there was a hell of allot of people during his big pimpin days that hated him (nas included) At that time he was considered the big pop rapper with no ability just like 50 but look at him now considered one of the greats. Ive no doubt 50 is going to come strong with his next release and gain lots of fans back you only have to listen to the get rich sound track to see whats coming. It happened with jay z it happened with nas and its happening with 50 they get comfortable after a big hit think their great and release an album that sucks. Now maby his next album will suck but either way he is not the reason that other rappers are not successful, well apart from ja rule.

Game is huge because of 50 Cent.

http://www.allhiphop.com/hiphopnews/?ID=4999

In an interview with Miss Jones and the Hot 97 morning show, 50 Cent drastically countered claims by The Game, who has already started on his sophomore effort.

“He [Dr. Dre] knows what the kid [The Game] just did and that’s it. I’m not working on [The Game’s new album] and he’s not working on it,” said 50 Cent. “He’s just got to go in and make good records. Of course, he’ll probably name [his album The Doctor’s Advocate] to make people think [Dre] is involved.”

The Game has already contradicted 50’s claims when discussing The Doctor’s Advocate.

"It's the same format at The Documentary. If it aint broke don't fix it," Game told AllHipHop.com. "I am still with Dre and I'm working with some of the best producers.”

Despite his rival’s contention, 50 Cent said that his personal conversations Dr. Dre, his history with The Game and his contributions to The Documentary project were reason enough not to work with the Compton rapper.

“I’ve had communications with Dre since [he appeared on the BBC radio]. My reason for saying it is…nobody can take anything away from Dre. We don’t have any issues,” 50 said. “See, Dre knows exactly how much I did for Game’s project. I wrote six songs on his album. Three of them are his first three singles and I was on the records to make people listen to them.”

Game vehemently denied that 50 Cent wrote six songs, but maintained that they did collaborate creatively.

“We got an understanding. Everything is good,” 50 said.

In related news, Paramount has removed posters advertising 50 Cent’s new movie “Get Rich or Die Tryin’,” that featured the rapper brandishing two handguns.

The posters drew the wrath of various community groups in Los Angeles, California, who said the posters were insensitive due to the rise in gun violence in urban communities.
    Submit News!

Orizio wrote:
    Brownie points???? :rolleyes: Anyway...

50 is lyrically horrible.Fact really.I didn't actually think you would dispute that one.

In your opinion pigeon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Stompbox

Hee,Hee,Hee!

Advertisement