Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

G-Unit Or The Game ? ?

Options
  • 21-10-2005 5:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭

For me its got to be the game, 50 cent is starting to get
    on my nerves these days and i can see the game going
    right to the top past all the ggg-unot fools.

The games new choon Put you on the game is real class.

G-Unit Or The Game 20 votes

G-Unit
    0% 0 votes
    The Game
    35% 7 votes
    Like Em All
    65% 13 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭The General

G-Unit are complete dirt, both the game and 50 are not great either but i would have to say 50 since the songs he releases are more catchy than the games

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭scuba steve

i like them both but i think Game has a lot more potential than 50has. Fair enough 50has a film and a video game coming out soon but it seems as if 50is going down thesame road as Eminem (not saying Eminem is bad or anything) but Game has his own style kindof. Hes not trying to be someone hes not and hes bringing West Coast rap back. Ya Ricey ive gotta agree, thats one of my fave songs of him

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

I would say that the whole of the G-Unit(minus the sometimes decent Banks)is rubbish,while the Game makes better music,although it helps when his producers are the likes of Timbo,Hi-Tek and Dre. ;) He probably is one of the best west coast rappers(not close to Kurupt,Ras Kass etc of course),but thats not saying much.

50 gets respect for his latest flurry of singings though,even if he can't really rap or write.He's definetly running the commercial side of Rap right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Stompbox

After reviewing both albums lyrically and ...beatfully?, I have found that these are the songs that stand out on each

The Documentary:

Dreams

We Aint

Hate it or Love It

How We Do

Put You On The Game

Start From Scratch

Westside Story

Higher

The Massacre:

Enough Said. Personally, I think The Game is amazing, he is revitalising West Coast Rap and his songs range from mammoth beats(Start From Scratch, Higher, Put you on the game, How We Do) to songs oozing with flavour
    ( Dreams, We Aint( really likin' that chorus) and Hate It Or Love it)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭hiphopfanno1

50 is much better than Game. Game wouldn't be where he is today without 50.Games biggest insult is '(name of person hes insulting) can suck my ****. WOW

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Stompbox

I thought you liked Hip Hop seen as your Username implies you do.

i went for that crazy cat the game

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I go for 50 easily myself. May I also make the point that most the producing on the Games album was done by 50 primarily. And also, Hate it or love it and How we Do both have 50 cent on it. 50 Cent runs hip hop right now and nobody can touch him.

cheesedude, you could say that 50 is the top commercial artist at the mo but couldnt say he runs hip-hop. Ya Sweet, i love Games song We Ain't too, wicked song that is. The Documentary is probably the best album iv gotten in i dont know how long. Someone said about 50doing most of the producing of Games album, ya he did quite alot but Dre and Eminem helped their too and left 50get the credit for doing the producing because he hasnt done much producing like that before. but saying that im not trying to take any credit away from 50, i love all the songs that hes on with Game on the album, they were the sh!t, pity there wont be anymore of it now tho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭ThE_IVIAcIVIAIV

i voted for i like em all, 50 cent outta control and window shopper(from the new get rich die tryin soundtrack) are awesome songs at the moment, game used 50 cents outta controls beat and made a song called mr potatoe head and disses g-unit so bad, hes like 50 aint gangstaaa yayo aint gangstaaa banks aint gangstaaaa and buck you know you aint no gangstaaaa, kinda lame of him

• Advertisement

Are you basing who is better on who is better at insulting people?Jesus :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

No I'm just saying he could come up with better than that to get back at Jay-z or G-unit or who ever he's beefing with. And beefing with Jay-z and 50 is not smart. I hope Jay rips into him

cheesedude, you could say that 50 is the top commercial artist at the mo but couldnt say he runs hip-hop. Ya Sweet, i love Games song We Ain't too, wicked song that is. The Documentary is probably the best album iv gotten in i dont know how long. Someone said about 50doing most of the producing of Games album, ya he did quite alot but Dre and Eminem helped their too and left 50get the credit for doing the producing because he hasnt done much producing like that before. but saying that im not trying to take any credit away from 50, i love all the songs that hes on with Game on the album, they were the sh!t, pity there wont be anymore of it now tho

I remember hearing an interview with 50 Cent. And he said, look at the songs that are out now....they all have me on it. All his songs in the chart are either produced by me or have me on it. Every time that album sells, 50 gets something like 3/4 of the money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭Pen0s

the game by far

50 has already said hes in it for the money and nothing more, if he wasnt makin money hed give in, in a secound.

no obviusly alot of people are in it for the money but alot have some sort of love for the music, i dont believe 50 does at any level and the massacre was proof of that.me and a mate of mine had a massive argument about these 2 and came to the conclusion that game is better lyrically in alll departments except 50 does sound good on the hooks and 50 makes the perfect music for the Chav masses!

and ghost unit ****s on 50 :p

In all fairness The Game wouldn't be where he is today without 50

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭big syke

both are not great at all. used to like game but he is now begining to get on my nerves. things like slagging r kelly in one of his songs and then appearing (very badly) in his new single....ughhhhh annoying

What about dre

What about dre

what about dre, he has nothin to do with this stupid thread, hes not a member of g-unit and i dont think hes the game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭ricey

Sweet wrote:
    BEST.POST.EVER.

Ye im with you on that, and the game is only rapping two or three years
    you gotta give him propz on that.

Banks, 50, Yayo, buck & Olivia(wtf.like) Suck ass big time
    and now we got mase...ha i kinda like moob deep do :rolleyes:

who are you getting smart with. I was talking to hiphopfanno1 not you, she said Game wudnt be here without 50 and i said what about dre. Stick that in your blunt and smoke it

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Maybe you should have quoted the post then, because it seemed to me anyway that you posted about Dre for no reason.
    Looks like Big Syke took it up the same way as I did.

• Advertisement

who are you getting smart with. I was talking to hiphopfanno1 not you, she said Game wudnt be here without 50 and i said what about dre. Stick that in your blunt and smoke it

Ya but didn't 50 discover The Game before Dre???? I was under that impression anyway. Sure the Game was signed to Interscope for ages and didn't become huge until 50 was in his record

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭Kristok

Game was discovered by JT the bigga figga iirc and then went to dre back then he didnt rhyme so good thats why im not sure he can do it without 50. He was signed to aftermath before 50 I think but he defo didnt discover him.

who are you getting smart with.

well obviously i was getting smart with you duhhhhhhhhhhh. just remember there is a quote icon mayb use it.

Stick that in YOUR blunt and smoke it stephen

i dont smoke blunts so, ah . . . . no. Game signed to Interscope before 50cent did any type of producing/ colaberation etc with him. So 50 didnt discover Game

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭evil_seed

50 runs

...... on a feckin treadmill.:D He's been shot, so has Game. The last time there was a big argument/discussion about these to "ganstas" I put a link to an article that says exactly what I was thinking then and what I am thinking still about these two. So here is that link. http://http://www.playahata.com/pages/eyecalone/hiphopsmackdown.htm
    Enjoy!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Game, mainly because he can sort of rap, and not mumble like 50 does.

Evilseed, that link didnt work for me

Game, mainly because he can sort of rap, and not mumble like 50 does.

Strange Game always seemed like the mumbler to me,50 was always the one with the lyrical abilities of a 4 year old...;)

I think 50 Cent is the best rapper around today. I really like his voice. Same with Eminem.

• Advertisement

cheesedude wrote:
    I think 50 Cent is the best rapper around today. I really like his voice. Same with Eminem.

I guess technical and lyrical ability shouldn't be considered when deciding on the current great?Or are you just being sarcastic?Or have you just got a fetish for men's voices? ;)

Advertisement