Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your car here, part 3 (Quote A Photo, GET A 24 HOUR BAN!!!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Oh I wouldn't be cutting them! :eek:
    They come apart and can be reassembled.

Yeah I was looking at the Rotas. (Zero plus) and they do seen fairly nice, I'll see if I can get a proper look at some an then make a decision.

One of the head lights stuck up at the minute, waiting in jump leads. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,289 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

Cool vitz well wear

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

cabb8ge wrote: »
    More of it :rolleyes:
    cabb8ge never say I not like Alfa, I say boards.ie folk ott on praise of them.
    Need not to have owned alfa to have view on them, but on boards any comment and people asked "have you own one" or other day someone asked "have you motor trade experience" :eek:
    silly silly, I work on alfa cars in past for friends, I drive friends Alfa 147 for two month in 2010 as he go home for holiday/family reason. I like alfa but on here the alfa drivers too much bias to them.
    they more fun to drive than astra or Passat or avensis, definite. As fwd cars they no near league of best, like FTO or some Honda. 156/147 and mark 1 focus are same same in handling dept. 166 not good handle car, like Passat, normal.
    but on here Alfa brilliant, you think not, u own one? No, f*ck off so you have no opinion worth listen to :rolleyes:
    but alfa boys on here have opinion on other car without owning and that fine fine :confused:

silly silly

lolwut?

I read that post but it makes nonsense

• Registered Users Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

CianRyan wrote: »
    I want a set of these, only about €450 a wheel...
    What am I doing to myself?

Rota do a version but I would like to keep it all real.

Nice looking wheel! Though Id go rota myself. Theyre strong. A friend had a different set on a corolla and they didnt buckle at all. They cant be dismantled but you can specify deeper dishes Id reckon. With the money saved you can get a strut brace and some under body tunnel braces and youll have a real go kart on your hands!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 73,429 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

l1xp.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Is that Templemore Colm???

• Registered Users Posts: 73,429 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Nope, ennistymon.

Looks exactly like the BOI in Templemore, door, 2 windows and the ATM.

• Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭georgefalls

colm_mcm wrote: »
    l1xp.jpg

Casing the joint..:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

Current motor after a Two day mechanical/cleaning mission :cool:
    DSC_0040-picsay_zps8c4ec625.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

Do you not drive a rover, jim?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭Scortho

cabb8ge wrote: »
    More of it :rolleyes:
    cabb8ge never say I not like Alfa, I say boards.ie folk ott on praise of them.
    Need not to have owned alfa to have view on them, but on boards any comment and people asked "have you own one" or other day someone asked "have you motor trade experience" :eek:
    silly silly, I work on alfa cars in past for friends, I drive friends Alfa 147 for two month in 2010 as he go home for holiday/family reason. I like alfa but on here the alfa drivers too much bias to them.
    they more fun to drive than astra or Passat or avensis, definite. As fwd cars they no near league of best, like FTO or some Honda. 156/147 and mark 1 focus are same same in handling dept. 166 not good handle car, like Passat, normal.
    but on here Alfa brilliant, you think not, u own one? No, f*ck off so you have no opinion worth listen to :rolleyes:
    but alfa boys on here have opinion on other car without owning and that fine fine :confused:

silly silly

Thats funny my 156 handles perfectly. Throw her into a sharp bend at 60 mph and she just eats up the road. You hardly have to move the steering wheel.

I usent to like them at all. its only been the last year that ive actually came to love them. I was raised on German stuff, raised that italian cars were crap, blah blah blah. THis was by people who never drove them.

THeres very few cars out there with a non-modified exhaust system, that put a smile on your face everytime you sit in her and start her up .
    Theres not that many cars out there with that kind of engine that wants more, more more.

Ive owned mine for the last month and cant see myself ever going back to any of the german stuff, except for maybe an e34 m5, an 850 csi, or an amg.

Its not just on here though that drivers like alfa romeo. There's very few who look after their cars, who have bad things to say about them.

Dont get me wrong the Japs make some absolutely brilliant cars, but then they make stuff like the micra and avensis, which are fine for a to b journeys, but they wont be fun.
    Thats the difference with alfa. They only make cars (except the mito) that will put a smile on your face. Even when she cuts out for no reason and starts back up again. :)

Alfa ownership is a disease. It gets right under your skin, and is very hard to cure. But, who wants to be cured anyway...:)

Fanboism 101 here, lads. And I like Alfas. :p

As for cars without modified exhaust? I'm not really following you here.
    Are you saying Japanese cars are only decent when modified?

Fanboism 101 here, lads. And I like Alfas. :p

As for cars without modified exhaust? I'm not really following you here.
    Are you saying Japanese cars are only decent when modified?

No certainly not. But the amount of 1.4 civics around with an exhaust a mile wide on them is ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

colm_mcm wrote: »
    [Civic photo here]

What a great shape. Still looks fresh after 7 years.

Scortho wrote: »
    No certainly not. But the amount of 1.4 civics around with an exhaust a mile wide on them is ridiculous.

Ugh! Yeah, nothing worse than that.
    If you're doing nothing during the week, 166man is coming down to check out my Roadster, you're welcome to come check out a right little JDM fun box. About as reliable as an Alfa at the minute too. :pac:
    I also want a look at this V6 of yours. :cool:

Ugh! Yeah, nothing worse than that.
    If you're doing nothing during the week, 166man is coming down to check out my Roadster, you're welcome to come check out a right little JDM fun box. About as reliable as an Alfa at the minute too. :pac:
    I also want a look at this V6 of yours. :cool:

im on work placement for another 2 weeks in clondalkin, so I can probably pop over. Where abouts are you?
    The mx5 looks unreal. So much car for the money as well. Ive always had a hankering for one and nearly bought one last year, only i couldnt get a quote.

you're more than welcome to take her for a spin.

im on work placement for another 2 weeks in clondalkin, so I can probably pop over. Where abouts are you?
    The mx5 looks unreal. So much car for the money as well. Ive always had a hankering for one and nearly bought one last year, only i couldnt get a quote.

you're more than welcome to take her for a spin.

Sounds like a plan then, I'm in Old Bawn.
    Wednesday or Thursday himself is coming over, we should turn this into a little detailing session. :)

Sounds like a plan then, I'm in Old Bawn.
    Wednesday or Thursday himself is coming over, we should turn this into a little detailing session. :)

Or a little driving session up around mountpellier hill. All mine really needs is a wash. :P

• Advertisement

That's teasing me, I can't go on a proper drive in my new one. :o

Probably better off taking this to the chat thread. :p

haha yeah.

well post pics when we get them clean!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

haha yeah.

well post pics when we get them clean!:)

Mine's clean anyway so fook yis! :D

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=85623564#post85623564

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭ottostreet

296037_10150286785284943_1130685157_n.jpg

580199_10150286785524943_1533898693_n.jpg

485738_10150286785144943_350743903_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,973 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

Looking well otto.

CianRyan; car looks great in that colour, a deep dish alloy and some camber do wonders for the MX 5. Like this one.
    Mazda-Mx-5--269401.jpg

ottostreet wrote: »
    296037_10150286785284943_1130685157_n.jpg

580199_10150286785524943_1533898693_n.jpg

485738_10150286785144943_350743903_n.jpg

Did you have that polished or something, it looks clean, for a change..:D:D

I see you got the big dent out the bumper as well...

The FTO was resprayed, right?

Chris: Yes! You know what I'm after, I like the lip on that one too. Not sure which one I'm gonna go after yet.

Cian, quit yo jibber-jabber and get some pics of the MX5 up! otherwise you gonna meet my friend PAIN!!

Cian, quit yo jibber-jabber and get some pics of the MX5 up! otherwise you gonna meet my friend PAIN!!

Some ass for you, Sir.

2q8a3ye.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Today at check up.

DSC_0105_zps046fab81.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement