Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your car here, part 3 (Quote A Photo, GET A 24 HOUR BAN!!!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭ShaunieVW

My A3 1.8T. Bit different than your usual diesel powered a3's, This uses real fuel.

9084457633_3735d8d91b_z.jpg
    Untitled by ShaunieRal, on Flickr

9086683524_a0cf0d400e_z.jpg
    Untitled by ShaunieRal, on Flickr

9136510561_728438da6b_z.jpg
    half assed polished by ShaunieRal, on Flickr

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Nice wheels Shaunie! Are you missing an engine cover??

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Yea, should be 5v turbo engine cover. I've been looking at these lately :p.

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭stephenmarr

Sold my jeep and replaced it with this
    Subaru Legacy 2.5i
    1 owner with 54000klms.
    2013-07-06092516_zps0a57b038.jpg
    2013-07-06092523_zpsc6d9e6de.jpg
    2013-07-06092532_zps2963afbf.jpg
    2013-07-06092538_zps84c25b92.jpg
    2013-07-06092543_zpsaa94c986.jpg
    2013-07-06092509_zps04e60504.jpg
    2013-07-06092555_zps92041918.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

That is a very tidy legacy mate. Well done:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Took the 5er down to Mayo the weekend. What a car for the money! It's extremely tight and I'm very impressed with the handling. It's not as 'floaty' as the 7er, much closer in terms of handling to the E36 M-Sport coupe I had a few years back yet with the luxury of the 7er. Used almost bang on the same amount of fuel that the 7er did on the same journey though. It's a 2.2 I6 as opposed to a 3.5 V8, I suppose it will rev higher at motorway speeds to be fair. Still haven't had the chance to clean and polish it, will get to that next week. ;)
    20130707_120239_zps430e3298.jpg
    20130707_120115_zps5bfba7ba.jpg
    20130706_105640_zps6a5caaee.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭ShaunieVW

Nice wheels Shaunie! Are you missing an engine cover??
    Hal1 wrote: »
    Yea, should be 5v turbo engine cover. I've been looking at these lately :p.

Its in the boot! The 1.8T is too pretty of an engine to hide behind plastic especially after cleaning 12 years of crap of it!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,449 ✭✭✭blastman

Collected this on Saturday evening...... :)

New02.jpg

New00.jpg

New01.jpg

Never really hankered after a BM before, but this was too good to pass. Now, anyone want to buy a cheap Civic???

• Registered Users Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

That car looks familiar from another thread:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,449 ✭✭✭blastman

It should :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    Took the 5er down to Mayo the weekend. What a car for the money! It's extremely tight and I'm very impressed with the handling. It's not as 'floaty' as the 7er, much closer in terms of handling to the E36 M-Sport coupe I had a few years back yet with the luxury of the 7er. Used almost bang on the same amount of fuel that the 7er did on the same journey though. It's a 2.2 I6 as opposed to a 3.5 V8, I suppose it will rev higher at motorway speeds to be fair. Still haven't had the chance to clean and polish it, will get to that next week. ;)

That sand in Enniscrone will keep you busy cleaning :D

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

tonedef wrote: »
    Collected this today :D

sweet God, thats lovely! Lotto winner by any chance :D

What sort of spec is that? Lovely car, well wear.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭tonedef

yop wrote: »
    sweet God, thats lovely! Lotto winner by any chance :D

Haha, I wish. Would be a Nissan GTR if that was the case
    yop wrote: »
    What sort of spec is that? Lovely car, well wear.

Standard spec which is pretty good - cruise control, dual zone climate control, bluetooth phone kit, iPod integration, etc...
    The only option I considered was the Sat Nav but at €1k it wasn't worth it given that my phone already has turn by turn navigation, just on a sightly smaller screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Picked up my new car today and couldn't help but get nap happy after taking it for a good spin :).

SAM_0286_zps2e07f93f.jpg

SAM_0284_zps4c610d58.jpg

SAM_0281_zpsaa5bc9de.jpg

SAM_0278_zps81d5fa3d.jpg

SAM_0276_zpsefa697fb.jpg

SAM_0274_zps1cd71bf0.jpg

SAM_0269_zpsafb6c75c.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭Bpmull

Picked up my new car today and couldn't help but get nap happy after taking it for a good spin :).

That's a really nice car. Well wear. I love the colour too.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Can we put up a Boards.ie forum sign at that spot, there's enough of us taking pictures there. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭Ded_Zebra

The amount of boardsies with picture of their cars in that exact spot:P

Alan
    Cian
    Myself
    and now Marty

I'm sure there's more too! Lovely road for a drive :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

If someone throws up a google maps link I'll head up there and take a pic at the weekend :P

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Dord wrote: »
    If someone throws up a google maps link I'll head up there and take a pic at the weekend :P

Just don't head up there late at night or you could end up getting more than pictures of your car.

• Advertisement

Just don't head up there late at night or you could end up getting more than pictures of your car.

Nothing much happens up there after dark, other than maybe seeing a few deer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

CianRyan wrote: »
    Nothing much happens up there after dark, other than maybe seeing a few deer.

Still waiting for the day i see you up there !

At night the only action is the car park at view point with the gardai searching cars and people

Still waiting for the day i see you up there !

At night the only action is the car park at view point with the gardai searching cars and people

If you go up regularly you shouldn't be waiting long, I'd spend of fair bit of time on those roads. :D

I've never been stopped by the Gards up there, if I am stopped at viewpoint at night it's usually just to eat some take away and then off I go on my merry way.

CianRyan wrote: »
    If you go up regularly you shouldn't be waiting long, I'd spend of fair bit of time on those roads. :D

I've never been stopped by the Gards up there, if I am stopped at viewpoint at night it's usually just to eat some take away and then off I go on my merry way.

exact same as myself tbh... supermacs serves well here !

i once had a guard ask me was i alright that it was strange to be there by myself, he actually went to ask did i have any suicidal thoughts !

he was sound though but yeah thats about that really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

exact same as myself tbh... supermacs serves well here !

i once had a guard ask me was i alright that it was strange to be there by myself, he actually went to ask did i have any suicidal thoughts !

he was sound though but yeah thats about that really.

Better for him to ask, than not.

Dord wrote: »
    Better for him to ask, than not.

ah yeah, t'was grand sure, i didnt mind at all, ended up having a conversation about car chases and running after people that try to get away from them, grand stuff altogether !

Ded_Zebra wrote: »
    The amount of boardsies with picture of their cars in that exact spot:P

Alan
    Cian
    Myself
    and now Marty

I'm sure there's more too! Lovely road for a drive :cool:

Ye are so common..like :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭ugglasdav