Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your car here, part 3 (Quote A Photo, GET A 24 HOUR BAN!!!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

You can't get it in a bricks and mortar shop and AFAIK, cleancar.ie are the sole unofficial agents for it in Ireland.

I will be doing my alloys with C1 Crystal Lacquer soon. Sick of having to remove them to do the whole chemical guys wheel guard/collinite job every so often. I'm also going to get the paintwork done with this stuff too but not myself as I have nowhere indoors to correct the paint and apply this stuff.

When that's done, the beading won't be new or old testament, but a testament that has yet to be written :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

257292.jpg

Wish I was a boss as this guy when I got clamped...

257293.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

You can't get it in a bricks and mortar shop and AFAIK, cleancar.ie are the sole unofficial agents for it in Ireland.

I will be doing my alloys with C1 Crystal Lacquer soon. Sick of having to remove them to do the whole chemical guys wheel guard/collinite job every so often. I'm also going to get the paintwork done with this stuff too but not myself as I have nowhere indoors to correct the paint and apply this stuff.

When that's done, the beading won't new or old testament, but a testament that has yet to be written :D

So, that'd be New Testament then? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Some photos in the sun at the Ballivor Peat fields near my house. In dusty heat and with no one around on the weekend, it looks like Oz!

IMG_1250_zpsed241d5b.jpgIMG_1279_zpsd830c554.jpgIMG_1267_zps573fec40.jpgIMG_1262_zps90fdb5e7.jpgIMG_1263_zpsfd9f9188.jpg

http://s55.photobucket.com/user/mattsimis/library/740i%20e38/740i%20at%20Ballivor%20Peat%20fields?sort=3&page=1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭ARGINITE

rexc.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

dgt, 166man, lets see how this goes :)

33w8ho5.jpg
    2u4snj5.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Mister Jingles

What gives ? Project to mess around with ? :pac:

What gives ? Project to mess around with ? :pac:

got it for free :pac:

no tax, no test, 104k miles. drives pretty sound, has new rubber. the body is a bit tatty. been in the family since new seemingly.

plan is to budget €150 to spend on it. put it in for the NCT and if it passes (LOL) or fails and costs less than 100 to retest and pass i will clean the **** out of it, put new plates and wheel trims on it and donedeal it for €500 o.n.o.

if it fails, drive the bag out of it and weigh it in :p.

Happy days !

Yeah those Mk1's bodies after a while begin to look worn, like many other fiats but with a bit of elbow grease they can look great, saying that yours look in good nick. A heat gun to the bumpers should look after the fading problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Erper

Happy days !

Yeah those Mk1's bodies after a while begin to look worn, like many other fiats but with a bit of elbow grease they can look great, saying that yours look in good nick. A heat gun to the bumpers should look after the fading problem.

or to use spray "back to black"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

I have project Punto too. Mine was not free though. It was €180.

qRebzBP.jpg

HxTPEuM.jpg

Yeah, removed door handles.

Oey0Bs0.jpg

7meyybE.jpg

iCgbNyh.jpg

Weight reduction. :)

Erper wrote: »
    or to use spray "back to black"

Heat guns are more effective and usually more permanent. Black to Black doesn't last too long when its always raining ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭homer90

Before :

IMG_0362_zps7d4a02d3.jpg

IMG_0378_zps5c2e9aaa.jpg

IMG_0369_zps1e3b9927.jpg

After :
    IMG_0406_zps5ceb3ed7.jpg

IMG_0405_zps9e445c46.jpg

Ready for a dip:

IMG_0419_zps328455df.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭John2009

Pick this up a few weeks ago cheap, needed a few jobs and i've about half of them done, hope to have it NCT'd in a few weeks time

IMAG0164_zps2f7a8dc1.jpg
    IMAG0165_zps46e30f12.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭BobBobBobBob

@homer90 - You up around the Red Rocks?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭HungryJoey

New Daily. Remapped, 3" Turbo back Exhaust(Decat, 3"Downpipe), AP Coilovers, OEM Xenons, Sunroof - Actually sounds nice for a 1.8t :rolleyes:
    IMG_3199.jpg

IMG_3198.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Is that standart front bumper? :confused:

Is that standart front bumper? :confused:

It is. It just has a US Rub strip style with Amber DRLS .

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

HungryJoey wrote: »

Is that my old car? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

HungryJoey wrote: »
    Got a head on shot of it? Looks good.

• Advertisement

Is that my old car? :pac:

Most probably. In fact, I was with the previous owner when he bought it down towards Limerick, If I remember correctly.. :P I ended up buying it off him recently.

advertsfox wrote: »
    Got a head on shot of it? Looks good.

Ignore the black headlight tint, that's gone now... but a headshot

477210_10151779274620257_2063028572_o.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭homer90

@homer90 - You up around the Red Rocks?

From time to time........... ;)

photo2_zpsd866d748.jpg

photo1_zpse8b9cdc6.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

A few snaps of the 'ol fleet from the last few days. Been trying to get all 4 clean in order for some decent pictures, not going too well!

Anyhow here goes!

Spider:

w4r4.jpg

pxck.jpg

0b5x.jpg

bq9h.jpg

In these photos please be aware the back of the car has been machine polished and the front of it has not....:D

GTV

1n7k.jpg

zl05.jpg

Enjoy! :)

There was a builder in the house two doors up from us (who was Italian) asking our neighbours if the family living in our house were Italian - got a great laugh out of that...:pac:

GTV is looking very tidy! is it any closer to being on the road?

GTV is looking very tidy! is it any closer to being on the road?

Ah not really tbh! Doesn't need that much though, a full engine service plus timing belt, new exhaust system - going stainless steel for that, sort out a sticking throttle cable and it should be ready to go more or less. Rear suspension needs bushes too I think.

However engine, gearbox, clutch, brakes, front suspension and the interior are all nearly perfect! Not bad eh? :D

I know a bargain when I see one..;)

166man wrote: »
    Doesn't need that much though, a full engine service plus timing belt, new exhaust system - going stainless steel for that, sort out a sticking throttle cable and it should be ready to go more or less. Rear suspension needs bushes too I think.

However engine, gearbox, clutch, brakes, front suspension and the interior are all nearly perfect! Not bad eh? :D

I know a bargain when I see one..;)

That quote pretty much sums up alfa ownership in a nutshell :pac:

seriously though for the price you paid, all things considered you are pretty much onto a winner. hope you can keep to your work of having it at a boards meet before we go back to college.

That quote pretty much sums up alfa ownership in a nutshell :pac:

seriously though for the price you paid, all things considered you are pretty much onto a winner. hope you can keep to your work of having it at a boards meet before we go back to college.

I'd imagine so, I reckon it's been well minded and it seems an honest enough car. Was away for the guts of 2 weeks a while back and she started on the button first time no issues!

The only thing stopping me from having it at a boards meet before college begins will be insurance. With the final year coming up I don't know if I'll have the finances for two insurance policies. I'll be looking into it for sure but we will have to see unfortunately.

While it looks good in the pics it might need a full respray at some stage as it has quite a few marks around it and some damage to the front bumper.

I still love it though!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭discombobulate

Jealous is not the word on that lot 166man. Need to get another Alfa outside my house asap!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭Scortho

One for unkel when he needs his Busso fix!:)

97A99C43_zpsc3b9dc40.jpg

Will post photos of the exterior when she's cleaned up and has her side skirts fitted!

Finally have a proper car, for bangernomics money!:)

No better time to buy one than on Alfa's 103rd birthday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭georgefalls

166man wrote: »

While it looks good in the pics it might need a full respray at some stage as it has quite a few marks around it and some damage to the front bumper.

I still love it though!

Noel Hutton:
    The guy I was telling you about on Sunday. He'll look after you for a respray..:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement