Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your car here, part 3 (Quote A Photo, GET A 24 HOUR BAN!!!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,088 ✭✭✭sean1141

Quazzie wrote: »
    A Gora is a Bora with a Golf front end whereas a Bolf is a Golf with a Bora front end.

Or I might have mixed them up. There is a difference though.

Did they sell bora estates here or in the uk?
    I know you could get a golf but always thought the likes of the above were golfs with a bora front end so a bolf!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭barone

my two sisters together

1_zpsf6d9405f.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

I was only looking at those two the other night, on TOC was it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭barone

yup,on toc

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

all of the above

It looks like a Golf estate, so it must be a Bolf.

Golf with Bora front = Bolf
    Bora with Golf front = Gora

I am thinking to do my Bora as a Gora...

BNZELPl.jpg

• Advertisement

Only makes sense, lads. The front end takes the first letter.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

sean1141 wrote: »
    Did they sell bora estates here or in the uk?
    I know you could get a golf but always thought the likes of the above were golfs with a bora front end so a bolf!

There's was a Bora estate but it was LHD only.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

done some work at the civics rusty rear wings yesterday :)

i know its not the correct repair really, more a masking job. its not perfect by any means but for a €30 cost in my front yard on a sunny day i'm pretty pleased.

2qxsz1k.jpg
    23mamux.jpg
    1j4xes.jpg
    1px7qp.jpg
    25f3eq9.jpg
    kaiec8.jpg

Nothing like a bit of Bog. :D

Great job, although it should have been more like €15 - €20

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

GvidoR wrote: »
    Great job, although it should have been more like €15 - €20

It was €8 for 500g of P38, €14 for a 500ml rattle can of my colour code, €6 for lacquer... thought that wasn't too bad and i'm a tight **** :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Wheres My ForkandKnife

It was €8 for 500g of P38, €14 for a 500ml rattle can of my colour code, €6 for lacquer... thought that wasn't too bad and i'm a tight **** :pac:

Things must be tight when two of you are discussing whether the job should have cost €15 or €30:)

Either way it looks a hell of a lot better than before.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

The ST is polished and read for Donedeal - said I would fire up a few pics of it.
    Got a good wash and polish. :)

Hope they are at the right angle and that, am no expert with a camera :D

Things must be tight when two of you are discussing whether the job should have cost €15 or €30:)

Either way it looks a hell of a lot better than before.

They sure are. You have to eat noodles for a few days after an expense like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

What's next yopster?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Not 3 bad, yopster. I see you've got red calipers for extra 25 KiloWatts.

BTW, the bonnet isn't closed properly :D

GvidoR wrote: »
    Not 3 bad, yopster. I see you've got red calipers for extra 25 KiloWatts.

BTW, the bonnet isn't closed properly :D

Extra air intake with it open, I get the young lad to sit out there and keep it down on the motorway :D

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Wheres My ForkandKnife

yop wrote: »
    The ST is polished and read for Donedeal - said I would fire up a few pics of it.
    Got a good wash and polish. :)

Hope they are at the right angle and that, am no expert with a camera :D

I'm no expert either but I think the photos are excellent although maybe the last two are a little too far away for a donedeal ad.

Car looks great btw

I'm no expert either but I think the photos are excellent although maybe the last two are a little too far away for a donedeal ad.

Car looks great btw

Thanks v much. Ya, tried to mimic what I saw on other sites with them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Testing out the I-phoney in some of lesser spotted Meath..... Yeah it took me this long how to figure out uploading :o

IMG_0028.JPG

IMG_0029.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭cplwhisper

• Registered Users Posts: 11,479 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Picked this up today, S60 D5, fully loaded. I'll take some proper pics, and go mad with the Back To Black, over the weekend, this was taken in midday sun at the M4 services.

2v2xnc8.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

FFS - for your plastic trim, you're wasting money with back to black or any of those silicone sprays. Get Gtechniq permanent trim restorer from www.cleancar.ie and you'll have those trim pieces black for years to come without having to do it again every week ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

Back from the paint shop today. Used to be baby blue with white roof.

IMG_0586.jpg

FFS - for your plastic trim, you're wasting money with back to black or any of those silicone sprays. Get Gtechniq permanent trim restorer from www.cleancar.ie and you'll have those trim pieces black for years to come without having to do it again every week ;)

I'm all in favour of things that require minimal work. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

+1 on the gtechniq stuff!

here's a before and after on mine from last year. Two applications on the strip above and none on the little circle piece.

duWVH.jpg

Will definately get some of that. Do any retail outlets stock it, or is it online only?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

cleancar.ie its expensive and when you see the bottle (15ml) you'll freak out, til you use it :D
    One bottle has done all my old cars trim, my current, and 2 other cars and theres still some left, no need to re-do.
    Only thing is....the plastic will be so dark you'll have to get a DA then to make the paint as black ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Will definately get some of that. Do any retail outlets stock it, or is it online only?

I bought it from cleancar.ie. T'was delivered quite quickly. I don't think any shops carry it.

Be careful not to spill it!!! I spilled the last half of mine. It's so small and quite easy to knock over.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement