Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how to start a relationship?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,828 ✭✭✭ven0m

I think very few relationships start with a one night stand, but would you call someone that you met out and maybe kissed in a nightclub?

I met my current girlfriend out of a one nite stand from a niteclub & nearly 5 months later, we're still together & things are moving onto serious..... can happen folks - just don't go looking, let **** happen in it's own time & in it's own way.... go with the flow...

::: ven0mous :::

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

i met my girlfriend at a party. we had a one night stand without even really talking to eachother much but there was just something... i really wanted to see her again so i made sure it happened. took a good few dates to find out what she was really like and my suspicions were confirmed. she was lovely. i've met other one-night stands for dates after just to see if there's any chance but its never really worked. its rare that you get on with someone one-on-one when you're sober that you did when you were drunk at a party i think. even if you meet a new crowd of people and have a great time laughing and joking when you're all pissed, when you meet them on the street in town during the day it can be an excruciatingly awkward experience. same goes for one-night stands i think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭chuci

but would you call someone that you met out and maybe kissed in a nightclub?
    i did this and the next night i invited him to a gig. he came and now we are together ten months. i duno maybe im just strange or it was fate or something.i always end up texting first anyway just to say goodnight and see if the other responds if not then just let it go. i guess if it wasnt in a drunken state then there was something that you were attracted to to swap numbers in the first place.no?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

Iago wrote:
    but you then get the fringe benefits associated with being an a$$hole because they're always the ones that women go for, "I can make him change, I know I can" and so on and so forth

yeah, i wouldnt have thought so.
    there may be some women out there like that, but i wouldnt say it goes for all women.
    but would you actually want to be with someone who wants to change you?

• Registered Users Posts: 78,349 ✭✭✭✭Victor

My question is, on any given night, what makes that girl/guy different? Why call them the following day?
    My current criteria is "pleasent".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

yeah, i wouldnt have thought so.
    there may be some women out there like that, but i wouldnt say it goes for all women.
    but would you actually want to be with someone who wants to change you?

No I would agree with you completely, as I said if I'm not going to bother seeing them again then I'm not going home with them in the first place.

I just don't understand guys that take numbers when they already know in advance they have no intention of calling the girl. It seems to me that they haven't the balls to be true to themselves, or show any kind of consideration to others.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

yes, but then they would be worried that they might not get to go home with the girl if that sort of attitude turned up, so easier to just keep the act up and then just not phone or return calls.

so there you go, to make sure that the guy is on the up, get his number first, and then text him yours so you both have the correct numbers, that should sort out a few arses from the rest of the donkey herd!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭Dizzyblabla

Well thanks guys, I have actually gotten some insight here! I was in a relationship for 4 years, and after more than a year of being single, I'm getting bored with it... watch this space!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 pmurphy80

:o if you find the answer will you let me know! cuase i am getting desparate! i am sitting here pining for a turk!

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭p~b

i think its important too that women make the effort aswell as all to often they let the men do all the work.

also i think it shows guys that women are in too them if the women go out of their way to keep the conversation going

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭AnitaMcCluskey

When I first met my current boyfriend, I just thought he was nice. Nothing more. But this particularly poisionous girl I know said that he would never be interested in me (me thinks that she liked him) so that night I went into his pub and told him that he was bringing me out later that night. He agreed and we have been together ever since. He said it was a complete turn on that I ordered him to take me out and that it definately made me stand out from the crowd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭dundalk cailin

i've been in situations where i met someone out and they wanted me to go home with them, and i said no, and they still texted/rang me the next day saying i had a great time or whatever. other times they"ve gotten in a huff cos i wont sleep with them.. i just dont do one-night-stands! i think it is possible to meet soemone out and just click, but sometimes the problem is fear of what they'll think of u in broad daylight or will they even recognise u :D

Advertisement