Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Who are the most arrogant drivers?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Gatster

Do you mean you can tell just from looking at someone that they were not born and bred in Ireland and that this is not their "home" country? That is quite an amazing talent you have there, Whippet.

Anybody from this demographic (well put previously) that I know that was born in Ireland does not wear what appears to be some sort of national dress when shopping in Spar, which can give it away when spotted behind the wheel. A guy who used to work for me 4 years ago from Ghana had NEVER sat behind the wheel of a car before he came here, but was going around in a large-ish late '80's dangerously knackered Toyota in an alarmingly unpredictable manner.

All irrelavant really, a lot of Micra drivers (not just with 'L' plates) and some E46 318ci drivers have no lane discipline, tailgate or go too slow (only for Micra drivers). Keep seeing lovely new-shape 5's careering across the bridge near the West-Link trying to decide which lane, always driven by women.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭Paul (MN)

gardai?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,183 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Is there even a question about this? Beyond a shadow of a doubt it's the 4x4 drivers. They're so safe in their tanks that they completely forget that anyone else could be endangered by the fact they can't handle a vehicle that's obviously too big, too heavy and too dangerous for Irish roads.

We really should follow the Parisiennes and ban them from the roads for all but commercial use.

[/rant]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

AlienGav wrote:
    BLACK DRIVERS!

Just a gerenal observsation, I'm in no way being racist, but they're so bad it's not even funny.

fr_Ted.jpg

This has been reported to the Mods, now I'm not going to ban you (though Borzoi might want to) cos I doubt you are racist unless I can find more evidence to prove it!

Are 'black' drivers the worst? Are Paddies the worst? Proberly as there are all lot more of you in this country! :) My own experience of "dem funny foreigners" is that they tend to drive a bit too slowly and lack some confidence. Not the worst sin in my book (if annoying at the time).

We could all do with fewer generalisations and more thinking time methinks.

Mike.

PS its Polish left hookers who are the worst drivers simply cos they can't see where the hell they're going!

• Registered Users, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

mike65 wrote:
    fr_Ted.jpg

This has been reported to the Mods, now I'm not going to ban you (though Borzoi might want to) cos I doubt you are racist unless I can find more evidence to prove it!

Are 'black' drivers the worst? Are Paddies the worst? Proberly as there are all lot more of you in this country! :) My own experience of "dem funny foreigners" is that they tend to drive a bit too slowly and lack some confidence. Not the worst sin in my book (if annoying at the time).

We could all do with fewer generalisations and more thinking time methinks.

Mike.

PS its Polish left hookers who are the worst drivers simply cos they can't see where the hell they're going!

You cant ban him for that ! Can you ? I would have thought that Hookers from the left of Poland were too busy to be driving !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭blastman

Sorry, but I think that PCness gone mad has reached this thread. I can't see how the generalisation about black drivers was any more offensive than any of the others in a thread that is about generalisations, let's face it (and not particularly serious ones at that).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Call it a pre-emptive nudge away from a trolling abysss, last thing I want is Stormfronters chiming in.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

It looks like its time to set up BMW 5-SERIES VICTIM SUPPORT GROUP here. We CANNOT tolerate this kind of thing! This BMW bashing has to stop. Yer only jealous, secretly ye all want to own one and yes they really are the best car on the road. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 65,171 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Nice momo, yunkyard :)

What engine / spec?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭69 mustang

I'd have to say ALL of us at some time.
    I've done stuff in the passed that I would thought after dust settling and all was not the right way to handle a situation IE fighting arrogants with arrogants.

{Going forwards not backwards upwards not downwards but constantly whirling whirling whiririririrling]

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

M5, 5 litre, V8, 400bhp. The ultimate 5 series, we only use the roads for landing! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 65,171 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

junkyard wrote:
    M5, 5 litre, V8, 400bhp

:D
    junkyard wrote:
    The ultimate 5 series

Until the current one if one can get to peace with its looks. I know it's possible, it will just take time...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭69 mustang

junkyard wrote:
    M5, 5 litre, V8, 400bhp. The ultimate 5 series, we only use the roads for landing! :D

I'd run that one by the motor tax office and see if you can get a discount maybe even motor bike tax if you tell them only 2 of your wheels are only ever using the road at any one time. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭pontovic

Im surprised no one has mentioned truck drivers here. I find them to be the most arrogant and aggressive drivers on the road. I drive 50 miles to work everyday on the m50 and the naas road and I see them shooting in and out of lanes and tailgating all the time. Scary thing really considering their size. One of them even went into the side of my car in the city center and fled the scene and Im still trying to chase him up on it.
    Today i was driving on the naas road into work just coming up to the exit for citywest, and i must have been driving at 45mph, which was the general speed of ther traffic at that time. A truck is behind me right up my ass flashing me, and he lets out a blast of the horn at me. I take my exit and he follows me up to the roundabout, where he decided to give me another blast of the horn for not going ( there were other cars on the roundabout ). What an arrogant prick I hope he doesnt kill someone. !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

mike65 wrote:
    fr_Ted.jpg

I thought about it - but I'm too busy watching out for the black Polish driver in her BMW Taxi ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

Borzoi wrote:
    I thought about it - but I'm too busy watching out for the black Polish driver in her BMW Taxi ;)

Oh you sexist pig!!!!!!!!!
    ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭NUTLEY BOY

1. Little twerps driving company cars who don't care about those cars or anyone else.

2. Idiots talking on mobile telephones whilst driving.

3. A slight variation on 2. being those safe drivers who pull over and stop to take a call by picking the most dangerous places to park themselves !

4. Very young males who have confidence that is light years beyond their actual abilities behind the wheel.

Advertisement