Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

**** nas

Options
  • 30-09-2005 2:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭

xxxxxx[colour=darkolivegreen]xxx[/colour] nas is an idioit who can not rap two words together unlike fifty who is up there with the likes of big hova. the only good thing nas has in his life is his wife kelise the stupid ho :mad: :mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭Klimseven

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh,
    you straight burned him yo!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

blah, blah, blah, blah

naw son, that cat got served, straight up and down. Did 50 pay you for the post son, on the real?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

Most rappers are highly overrated.

Anyone remember NWA? Now THEY could rap.

holy jesus

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭chillywilly

moo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭peepsbates

ure an idiot if u rekon nas cant rap.jeeeess

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭yak_kadafi

chiller wrote:
    xxxxxx[colour=darkolivegreen]xxx[/colour] nas is an idioit who can not rap two words together unlike fifty who is up there with the likes of big hova. the only good thing nas has in his life is his wife kelise the stupid ho :mad: :mad:

no man **** u....go suck 50's u know what

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭scuba steve

dublindude wrote:
    Most rappers are highly overrated.

Anyone remember NWA? Now THEY could rap.
    Great music came from them. Nas is a great rapper

Yak_Kadafi you are just back from a ban for personal abuse and this is what you post?
    Banned again. Let's say for a month this time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 541 ✭✭✭chern0byl

chiller wrote:
    I ****ed nas

You did. Im so jealous. Always wanted to get into the groupie game. /word

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭billstraighten

freee posting thread...lol

just coz 50 sold more doesnt make him a better rapper

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭Dutchboy

I think NaS is Decent, his new stuff isnt as good as his old stuff though!

Id prefer 'God's Son' to his most recent double album ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭ubu

Man you so right, i was just thinking how NaS doesnt compare lyrically to 50 Cent, hes so shít, and 50 is so sexxy and the way he talks/mumbles all his words coz he got shot that makes him soo ghetto, i wish i was as real as him...............blah blah blah i could go on, shouldnt really bother responding to these trolls but what the hell its fun to laugh at these people.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Nas definetly fell off badly after IWW.To me I am and Nostradamus were trash of the highest order.He has had two 5 mic albums(illmatic and the lost tapes)but really profuction wise his work,besides illmatic,never matches his lyrical skill and flow.Seriously Salaam Remi?Painfully inconsistent.The Alchemist?Overrated.Stillmatic was not a 5 mic album,whatever the source says,there was plenty of filler on it and the same can be said for SD(would have been a classic if it was a single disc album) and Gods Son(Made you look and Get down are two true classics-rest of the album is pretty forgetable).Still the GOAT though,in front of Ghostface and Kane.

Besides that verse on Hate it or Love it,50 makes pop purely for 15 year old teenage girls.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Stompbox

Nas is excellent. Halftime is the greatest Hip Hop song ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭MikeTyson

chiller what ur u talking about u fanny!! nas is class i went to his concert in dublin. not many people were der which was better cus i was dancing around with the black guys and tryn to sell them some smoke it was daycent... he played songs from all his albums even his first one the best songs being It Aint Hard To Tell , The World Is Mine, One Mic all from his first album!!! chiller suck my d!k

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭Kristok

^^^^^

Stop with the txt speak you have a full keyboard.

Nas is great although i agree with what ubu said, he dosnt compare lyrically to 50 Cent ;)

One Mic was from Stillmatic,not Illmatic.

Halftime like soooo clearly doesn't compare to that classic in lyrical complexites,50's Candy Shop... ;)

In Da Club still kicks ass. And when it does actually come on in the club its class

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭hiphopfanno1

I loved Gods Son but Streets Disciple was quite weak for Nas the only decent songs were Bridging the Gap,War,Reason and Just a Moment. No offense to any Nas fans or anything its just Nas is starting to get kinda boring and runnig out of decent rhymes. I think 50's lyrics are stronger and that he'll be around for a lot longer than Nas, he is known EVERYWHERE it's scary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭ubu

I loved Gods Son but Streets Disciple was quite weak for Nas the only decent songs were Bridging the Gap,War,Reason and Just a Moment. No offense to any Nas fans or anything its just Nas is starting to get kinda boring and runnig out of decent rhymes. I think 50's lyrics are stronger and that he'll be around for a lot longer than Nas, he is known EVERYWHERE it's scary.

OK, 50's lyrics stronger? Rapping about candy shops and lollipops isn't exactly ground breaking is it? NaS is consistently on a (much) higher level when it comes to subject matter over 95% of other MC's out there. Prove me wrong.

As regards Streets Disciple, i agree it wasn't as strong as his other albums but i think that due to the fact that he made it a double album, if he had put the best material from the two discs onto one its would have been much better received.

NaS has been around alot long than 50, illmatic dropped in 1994, 50 is known everywhere because he is much more of a commercial success than NaS, commercial success cannot be associated with talent. i think 50 has already run out of things to say, although he probably has an army of writers working for him aswell. To me, NaS will stay relevant alot longer that 50 ever has or will.

I loved Gods Son but Streets Disciple was quite weak for Nas the only decent songs were Bridging the Gap,War,Reason and Just a Moment.

Listen to Virgo,(the brilliant)Disciple or Streets Disciple any time lately.Actually I agree it was a bit boring,especially beat wise,but lyrical Nas was as strong as ever.As Ubu said,it would have been a true classic if it was a single cd.

No offense to any Nas fans or anything its just Nas is starting to get kinda boring and runnig out of decent rhymes.

Boring possibly but running out of decent rhymes?Never.
    I think 50's lyrics are stronger and that he'll be around for a lot longer than Nas, he is known EVERYWHERE it's scary.

Nas has been known for a decade plus,ever since live at the barboque.50 simply can't compare to that.50 has never,and never will make an album close to Illmatic,Stillmatic,etc(in fact that whole Nas catalogue) lyrical.I mean compare trash like Candy Shop to Nas is like or Made you look.Really,theres no comparison.

At the end of the day,we all know who is going to be a possible canditate for the GOAT along with Rakim,Ghostface,Kane,Chuck etc.And it ain't 50.Frankly he is one of the weakest rappers in the G-Unit.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

50 Cent was around too...except he was an underground mc and the best one at that. Every mixtape ny had that was popular basically had 50 cent on it.

The best underground mc? I seriously doubt 50 Cent would have ever been considered the best underground mc.

If you had listened to mixtapes for a year or or so before 50 signed to shady/aftermath you would know he was considered the biggest underground artist around.

Best Nas song ever,guys?

id say ether

• Advertisement

I have to say Halftime. Bursting at the seams with style.

Advertisement