Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone from the Order Of Malta?

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

Fyr.Fytr wrote:
    Elessar, your in the swords unit right?

Think we need a bit more training after that mock scenario we had last week

Oh btw Balfours will have the trousers in stock next week

Are they the new Combats?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,239 ✭✭✭Elessar

Fyr.Fytr wrote:
    Elessar, your in the swords unit right?

Think we need a bit more training after that mock scenario we had last week

Oh btw Balfours will have the trousers in stock next week

Yeah I'm in swords, I'm suprised we managed to finish the scenario at all, we're still a bit rusty!

Our provo IRA drill was hilarious!

Do you have the number for balfours, I can't find them in the phone book. I'll deffo wait for the new combats.

Are they the new Combats?

Yup, plenty of extra pockets afaik, should come in handy.

Elessar wrote:
    Yup, plenty of extra pockets afaik, should come in handy.

Excellent!! the number for Balfours is 01 8388917

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Fyr.Fytr

Combats arn't coming in for a fair while from what i heard. Thinks its just the plain old grey uniform trousers.

Yea footdrill was gas, all I could think of was Dad's army

• Advertisement

Eoin when you get your uniform hold onto the recipt and give it to charlie to get the grant

Got the trousers today, not combats just bog standard ordeinary grey ones

Fyr.Fytr wrote:
    Got the trousers today, not combats just bog standard ordeinary grey ones

Takes the order along time to agree on uniform change should see them coming on scene soon enough HQ are just finalising the design afaik

I hope Balfours have them in by the weekend, as Alan said I may have to get the normal ones but it's not a big deal. More pockets would come in handy though.

We get to go on "observational" duty next week :D Also heading down to the cadet mass casualty event (Sat week I believe).

Letting us loose on the publin uh oh

• Advertisement

Elessar wrote:
    I hope Balfours have them in by the weekend, as Alan said I may have to get the normal ones but it's not a big deal. More pockets would come in handy though.

We get to go on "observational" duty next week :D Also heading down to the cadet mass casualty event (Sat week I believe).

Ahhh yes we are hosting this afaik

Take it your bray unit then :p

See you there, oh eoin I call shotgun in the ambulance

Fyr.Fytr wrote:

I thought there were 2 passenger seats? I dont mind really, I'll get it on the way back.

Nope passenger and driver seat you'll be in the back, with the twins if they decide to come back again

Fyr.Fytr wrote:

Yes im Bray unit i wont be able to make it i will be on holidays

Lads just a reminder not to mention any names besides yourselfs we dont want all out war i know people from Hq surf the forum

Cheers.

okie doke

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

Hey everybody, only noticed this thread a few mins ago.
    I have been in OMAC, Westport for four years. In that four years, I have been in All-Irelands for boy individual, U-13, I have also been awarded the Sergeant rank and it has been a very good experience.
    I notice your conversaton about uniforms...

The actual decision to change the uniforms has been going on a long time. It's only in the last 5/6 months that a solid decsion has been made for the cadets.

I won't be sorry to see the wooly jumpers go. They made my skin itchy and i got small rashes. The decision to introduce the jacket is a very positive desicion. The uniforms aren't as embarrassing and it will look much better.

Typical, I buy my uniform and get the old style trousers elessar buys his couple of days later and gets the new ones. Oh well thats life

Was at the cadet MCI the other day the new jackets do look well

They had the new jackets hung up on a wall at the reception at Share Village this year. They do look well and mix well with the grey trousers

• Advertisement

nevf wrote:
    They had the new jackets hung up on a wall at the reception at Share Village this year. They do look well and mix well with the grey trousers

The jackets are the way to go for the cadets look way better and are more practical than the old jumpers (shudders wool itch):D

The jackets are the way to go for the cadets look way better and are more practical than the old jumpers (shudders wool itch):D

That f#cking itch! Jackets are less embarrassing and will promote cadets doing community activities. In my unit(westpoirt) cadets never bothered to be seen in the wooly jumpers

So what's been happening lads and who's heading into the parade on Sat and where?

I'm going in.....oh wait you know that lol

The parade was fun, myself and Fyr.Fytr went to do the point depot afterwards to cover for a certain unit that backed out. We were on our own but it was a great experience.

Pity Skyfest was cancelled. I should be doing Pink Floyd though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

Don't suppose there's anyone from Ballygall Unit here? I joined Ballygall OMAC when I was 11 and left when I was 20, a couple of years ago. I loved my time with the Order, but there were a lot of problems with the Unit and it wasn't a nice place to be by the time that I left.

Yea, t'was good, pity about skyfest alirght, rumor has it its going to happen later in the year. Fun fair was good, bar the weather it was great craic

Sorry to hear the Laika, how about joining a different unit???

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

Yeah maybe I should - I'm a bit out of practice cos it's been a couple of years but I miss some parts of it. The people who were in charge of my old unit are gone now (due to some er, financial irregularities apparently) so maybe I could drop down there some night... It's nice reading this thread and hearing about all the good experiences that the rest of you are having anyway!

The current o/c of Ballgall is a good bloke, should give its a shot, the order is going through huge changes at the mo

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement