Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best live bands?

Options
  • 29-09-2005 12:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

Who do you all think would be the best live bands around at the mo? :cool:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭eoinf

oasis

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

eoinf wrote:
    oasis
    nice gag

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Dave

Muse
    Interpol

They're unbelieveable live.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Oasis are by far the best live band I've ever heard!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Dave

So you've only been to see the one band live then?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭Redegg

Dave wrote:
    Muse
    Interpol

They're unbelieveable live.

he said it.. id also add the arcade fire... my three favourite gigs of all time.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

I'm gonna get slated for this, but I dont care.
    The Sawdoctors :D
    Consistently a great live show.

Feeder were good this year, Oasis were too.. probably the best live I've ever seen them.
    I hope Jet come back this way soon - they were fantastic live.
    Phonics put on a great show at the point also.
    Have to agree with Interpol also.
    Oh, and if you were in the pit at Croker (like me), U2 wasnt that bad ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Citizen Jake

R.E.M. , someone had to say it.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭lizzyrock

To see that nobody has said Led Zeppelin or Smashing Pumpkins is shocking. Both band full of talented musicians. They can both brutalise you live. I've seen neither unfortunately but hey Pumpkins are coming back. Great stuff!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 464 ✭✭redmosquito

Pearl Jam, no need for massive flashy stages or anything, just solid 2 1/2 to 3 hour shows with multiple encores with an ever changing set list, no boring set routine with maybe one or two alterations each night like most bands, PJ's set list is changed every night

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Sleater-Kinney.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Best I've seen would be Sigor Ros, Air, Arcade Fire and Muse. Moby was up there as well!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭Sweetness!

The Prodigy, I cant wait to see them again in November and
    Jimmy Eat World are always amazing live!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

lizzyrock wrote:
    To see that nobody has said Led Zeppelin or Smashing Pumpkins is shocking. Both band full of talented musicians. They can both brutalise you live. I've seen neither unfortunately but hey Pumpkins are coming back. Great stuff!
    The question asks whos the best around at the moment lizzy.Pumpkins are no more my friend and the Zeppelin havent put on a fantastic show in quite a while now.
    Jeekers you come in here and get smarmy and shocked for no reason whatsoever.You should take a long hard look at yourself buddy.
    Anyway the answer is obviously Muse as stated already

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭spiderlegs

Yeah muse are pretty damn good.Saw them at oxegen. I love seeing rod y gab together.They're amazing and who else....and Pixies!! Ok technically they're not out at the moment but they played here the last two years adn both times were positivly splendiforous!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭DadaKopf

Oak.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭JMArr

Muse are good live admittedly but way too OTT ..Matt Bellamy gets waaay to hysterical for my liking with all his falsetto screeching. AAAAAAAAAAIIIEEEEEEEE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 981 ✭✭✭tj-music.com

Best ever live band not around would be KISS - there is no other show that can match what they do but for the best live band around I would probably say Iron Maiden.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭Tyrrial

the eels but on one of the best shows i've ever seen...
    belle and sebastian would be second...

Metallica
    the beta band
    orbital
    redneck manifesto

:):):):):):):):):):):):):)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭eoinf

redkneck manifesto are very good live. saw them in a drunken haze at the last witnness , amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Rcuomo

oasis were great live, back in '95 at the point, but they were terrible at landsdowne rd a few years back, but then they were really good at witness if i remember rightly...
    weezer were the best live band ive seen in a long time last month at the point...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭tywy

damien rice, but before anyone beats me to death he is so class live! I've been to see him maybe 8-9 times and he has been amazing everytime....it makes you appreciate the music more. I don't think you fall in love with Damien Rice without seeing him live.

Also, Stars were brilliant live as was Devendra Banhart

Turn are great for a bit a fun too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 rose of jericho

Frank Black of course in any form whether it is with The Pixies, The Catholics or on his own it doesn't matter he is the best

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Ooly

U2 in croker were AMAZING

Interpol, Hal, Pixies & Red Hot Chili Peppers are pretty cool live also!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭goo

Les Georges Leningrad are the best I've ever seen but I haven't been to many.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Sorchie

Green Day and the kaiser chiefs are supposed to be deadly live

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

two words

Biffy Clyro

i don't need to say more, if you've seen them you'll know what i'm talking about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭goo

Cremo wrote:
    i don't need to say more, if you've seen them you'll know what i'm talking about.

Right, I haven't, but I presume it's about how good they are live.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

goo wrote:
    Right, I haven't, but I presume it's about how good they are live.
    well put it this way, i've been to about 20 concerts (4 of them have been of biffy) (5th time in december :D)

they never put on the same show twice, it's difference every time, they put so much energy into playing live and for the lucky few who live in glasgow get to see them play their last show of the year where they do something special (last year it was a b-side/rarities gig, this year they are playing their new album in full). they live by the motto "when you start to repeat stuff in your music it's time to stop making music

they are tour-a-holic's they've played 5 shows in ireland this year already (dublin, belfast, derry, cork, limerick) and pencilled in another 4 for december (dublin, belfast, galway, limerick).

Advertisement