Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Introduction of 8 carriage DARTs

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭MarkoP11

On the other hand, and I can't tell you exactly why since legal are still in but Siemens are likely in my opinion to lose at least a 8 figure sum on the contract and unlike other projects it will now cost less than budget (40 million) since it was a fixed price contract with penalties or so I'm told

Siemens did not deliver, Irish Rail buried there head in the sand. It was clear early on when Siemens didn't sign a CCTV supplier till 3 months after the expected first completed coach. This would still be hidden if it wasn't a EU contract, the details in the tender are enough to hang Siemens and Irish Rail since it said 24 months and then gave the contract signed on date. It took ages to find it

What worse in many respects is the fact it was buried by Irish Rail. Every time questions where asked the reason for delay changed spokespeople who kept denying a serious problem until challenged with contract details, its not there fault that Siemens messed up that said without a doubt they could have done a better job of monitoring Siemens.

It will be at least Jan 2009 before full 8 coach operation starts

• Registered Users Posts: 78,253 ✭✭✭✭Victor

MarkoP11 wrote:
    Its one of the Alstom ones, its in store as is one in Fairvew, they seem to be missing some key parts, bundles of wires are hanging out of panels. To be honest they are only fit for scrap really too much of liability in service
    And the other set? I think its a 1984.

Advertisement