Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Funeral fun

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,196 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

azezil wrote:
    The birdy song, and I'll put it in my will that the priest must do the dance.
    You realise you just gave an awful lot of people a reason to kill you Azezil?

That's just so funny that it'd be worth ten to life!

Whistlin' past the graveyard by tom waits

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,122 ✭✭✭LadyJ

I know I've given two already but I'd also like "Raindrops keep fallin' on my head" and "Heaven is a half-pipe". Maybe some Star trek music for the laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭frodi

Goin' nowhere fast by Fire Inc (from the film streets of fire)

Also somebody to jump up and shout "Frying tonight" as they take what's left of me to the crematorium.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Macka

Surprise, you're dead! by Faith No More
    and
    Graverobbing USA by the Murderdolls

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭angelofdeath

first and last tracks off mellon collie and the infinite sadness by the smashing pumpkins

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭4Xcut

Burnin Ring Of Fire-Johnny Cash
    Relax-Franky Goes To Hollywood

• Registered Users Posts: 9,414 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Leaving on a Jet and You'll never walk alone.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭CathyMoran

I would like it if my loved ones laughed during my funeral so the two songs would be great:
    Always look on the bright side of life - Monthy Python
    The Universe Song - Monthy Python

In reality I would love Gregorian chant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭scuba steve

1. Ill be missing you - Puffy,Faith evans 2. Thugz Mansion - 2Pac,Nas

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭boneless

Papa Smut wrote:
    Whistlin' past the graveyard by tom waits

Good choice, as are the other Waits songs mentioned...

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

A toughie... but probably
    System of a Down - Aerials
    and
    Sonata Arctica - White Pearl, Black Oceans.

This :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Kernel

See this is why music at funerals is a bad idea. People wanting to listen to rap or heavy metal songs... **** that... If I was at a funeral and that kind of music came on, I would be like .... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

And guaranteed, the current fad song you think you'd like now will be a lot different to one when you are 30, 40, 50, 60, 70 etc.. years of age.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,122 ✭✭✭LadyJ

I was at a funeral once and the guy had committed suicide. There was some holy songs on a tape being played before the mass started but the tape cut and blasted out "Celebrate good times,come on!"

It was hilarious! I dunno how they could have let it happen but I laughed so much that I cried so it was all good.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

The Next Life by Suede and then The man don't give a FCUK by Super Furry Animals to get the crowd rocking again.I'd be grateful if 3 or 4 of the boardsters here could dress up as yeis and jump on my coffin while the song is playing.Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 6,396 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

LadyJ wrote:
    I was at a funeral once and the guy had committed suicide. There was some holy songs on a tape being played before the mass started but the tape cut and blasted out "Celebrate good times,come on!"

It was hilarious! I dunno how they could have let it happen but I laughed so much that I cried so it was all good.

knowing my luck that'll happen at my funeral :rolleyes: I'd love to have something compleatly stupid for my funeral that makes people smile. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭verdidnt

'All I need' by Air
    or
    'Hallelujah' Jeff Buckleys version from Grace

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Prodigy Firestarter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

You can't go wrong with Funkytown

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭Megatron

Bright Eyes - Simon and Garfunkel

and as my Confin is either being lowered into the gound or sent into the big oven i'd go with

Theme from battle of the Planets =)

Failing that , have a herse drive along windows down music up playing Metallica's cover of

mercyful Fate =)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Dilly1

I dont care what they play ill be dead, I just hope some of my mates manage to score at the Funeral. It would be nice to setup them up one last time :D

I snogged my second cousin at a funeral, oh and scored with some cute blonde girl from Athlone at another. Yesss ... Funerals .. they are great fun :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

Hmmmmm "Ghost Love Score" by Nightwish and "Stairway to Heaven" by Led Zeppelin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Queen - "Another one bites the dust"

Seriously, just for the reaction. I want people to be able to have happy memories of my life, even unto my the end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 278 ✭✭Niall123

Fun songs : Arrange for the funeral on a Monday and play Boomtown rats I don't like mondays. James Brown - I feel good. My lovely horse - Divine Comedy/Father Ted. Paddy Casey - livin'. Take me out - Franz Ferdinand. Michael Jackson - Smooth Crimnal. Muse - time is runnin out. Guns n roses - welcome to the jungle. etc.

Actual songs : The usual sad stuff, Tears in heaven - Eric Clapton, Hallelujah - Jeff Buckley, Cold Water - Damien Rice (not particularly funerally but I love it), Let it be - THe beatles. Hurt - Johnny Cash, etc.

Oh crap it was suppose to be two songs wasn't it. Sorry. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Kernel

Dilly1 wrote:
    I snogged my second cousin at a funeral, oh and scored with some cute blonde girl from Athlone at another. Yesss ... Funerals .. they are great fun :D

Yeah but it was their funerals... necrophilia is *not* fun Dilly....

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Call me traditional but a dirge sung by someone who was close to the person imho.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Star Wars - Imperial March

• Registered Users Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Siogfinsceal

dont really care wat people think about having music at funerals cos if I have to go and die we ye can sit thru a song!!! ;-)

anyway it would be "cannonball" by Damien Rice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Fusion251

Hmmm How bout....

Miles Davis - So What

Or if I have a bad death - Everybody Hurts - it'll help people cry hahaha

Fusion
    :cool:

Advertisement