Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Third Level Institutions

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 1234567890

Oh and by the way dont worry about the points difference in courses. it doesn't mean that one is better than the next, points is purely on the number of applicants that applied that year. Computer Science in DIT has dropped from 440 to 400 to 300 to 220 to 250 (i think). Its the same course work though, its just they have to keep the number of students doing that course even enough every year!

Good luck in the leaving cert dude! Maybe i'll see you next year! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rsynnott

1234567890 wrote:
    Oh and by the way dont worry about the points difference in courses. it doesn't mean that one is better than the next, points is purely on the number of applicants that applied that year. Computer Science in DIT has dropped from 440 to 400 to 300 to 220 to 250 (i think). Its the same course work though, its just they have to keep the number of students doing that course even enough every year!

Good luck in the leaving cert dude! Maybe i'll see you next year! :D

Actually, points have been falling constantly even as most colleges eliminate places by the hundred (or at least 10). The 90s tech boom has a lot to answer for...

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Paul_D

I'll refresh this topic again.

Recently I was told that by going to UL, I will have the highest chance to be accepted by the university.

So what does everybody think about Computer Systems Degree in UL?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peteee

Paul_D wrote:
    I'll refresh this topic again.

Recently I was told that by going to UL, I will have the highest chance to be accepted by the university.

So what does everybody think about Computer Systems Degree in UL?

I'm in 3rd year comp sys in UL at the moment. Overall I like it. There are some modules I dont like, and some I do. Theres about 50 in our year.

You get to go on co-op in 2nd year (Actualy 3rd year now) for 8 months and get a bit of money + 'experience' (I was a Software Localisation Engineer working for a large localisation company in dublin).

UL also do a Multimedia & Computer Games dev course, if you'd like to go in that direction. Although its more points (380 Vs 310 for comp sys)

If theres anything specific you wanna know PM me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

solid course. 3rd year myself. alot of theory tho and expected to pick it up quick.

I heard a rumour that the current Comp Sys course is being phased out in favour of the Multimedia and Game Development course that started this year. [in the next 5 years was the time frame, but I dont know how accurate the rumour is :)]

• Advertisement
Advertisement