Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How many petals on the rose

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

thats another example of making a riddle hard simply by misleading you. it has nothing to do with roses. it could be called turtles around the purple stuff to give a strange example and it would give you the same amount of information. its all in the word around

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

Nah i got it in a moment of drunkeness when my wits were dimmed.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

muahahahahha the riddle is mines...after two weeks intensive work.....Starteed shouting at my laptop quite near the beginning of the two weeks actually....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Ah, I thought of it...
    It's a visual rather than a mathematical thing.

Think my pounding headache helped?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭HybridTech

Nice puzzle. Took a few attempts!
    its all in the word around

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭Dragon Master

Wahay! I got it after a few minutes.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭TomTom

got the bastard

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭chillywilly

ah it took me a while but i got it....my bro got it straight away

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Jaysus, only got it after reading the clues in the posts. Good puzzle!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭liamskater

Absolutly rubbish, wast of time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Praetorian

It took me about about 5 minutes of trying to work it out with maths with no success and then a further minute to figure it out by reading the heading again. Quite easy and not very taxing :)

liamskater wrote:
    Absolutly rubbish, wast of time

So....... You got it then?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭UnrealQueen

Woo hoo, finally! I was beginning to think i was really thick there. I wouldn't have had a hope in getting it without the clues tho, thanx:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭JohnMorrissey

I think most people have the problems when they don't look at it properly at first.

Refresh your page and you should get it easier.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Can anybody give me the solution to this puzzle. It's driving me crazy. Hints earlier in the thread just make it more obscure:

The answer is always even?
    Look at how they're arranged when you first open the link - what, just five dice all showing the number one?
    It's about the word "around"

I don't get it (sobs!)

Pleeease help.

It's visual, not numerical. Be shallow!

So no maths required?

Explained:
    No. You look at the dots. If there's one in the middle, that's a rose (like with a 5 or a 1). If there are dots around the middle one, they're petals (like a 5 has 4 petals around it, a 3 has 2, a 1 has 0).

You get it?

Thank-you. D'oh - I feel stupid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭fuzzywiggle

I got it first time and it said I was correct...I was thinking is that it... :confused: Thumbs down!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭ianmc38

Hmm. I figured out the algorithm but really don't see the relation it has to a rose and petals tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Doc_Savage

quite easy.. got it first time.. nothing amazing!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Steoob

eh i thought that when i saw it first.. and i said eh no theres no way this puzzle could be that stupid so i never even entered in my answer... what a stupid puzzle im way too smart for it :p (the tongue smilie was to omit my bigheadedness not to imply that i was lying about the first half of my post...just so you know)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Took me a while!

But then again, I am a genius :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Gabsdot

Please PM me the answer
    Please
    PLEASE

Gabsdot

simu wrote:
    Explained:
    No. You look at the dots. If there's one in the middle, that's a rose (like with a 5 or a 1). If there are dots around the middle one, they're petals (like a 5 has 4 petals around it, a 3 has 2, a 1 has 0).

You get it?

Simu already gave the solution.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

Actually, the thread title is a bit misleading.
    (That's my excuse for needing to read as far as the first clue before I got it)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

MOH wrote:
    Actually, the thread title is a bit misleading.
    (That's my excuse for needing to read as far as the first clue before I got it)
    i finds that with a lot of puzzles. usually you can't solve it simply because they don't give you enough information to go on, for example this puzzle which has nothing to do with roses or petals. so basically the answer could be one of a million things but you have to come up with the specific thing that the person was thinking of.

like this one:
    my mate asked me what the most important invention of the modern age was. i came up with a million answers like sanitation, medicine, the car etc which are all perfectly valid answers but he was thinking of a mechanical clock so i got it wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 14 hybal

It would be harder if they didn't give you the proper answer when you answered wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭rsta

ah finally got it.. thats brutal. i couldnt belive I got it..

I still don't get it, but I know how it works, but I dont get the petals and roses things.. ah dear

Advertisement