Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where do you live - Reviews! (All Accommodation Qs go here!)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 RianF2

I'll get in contact with them and hope for the best, maybe some people left a spare room or two. Courtyard and Brookfield are a bit out of my range though :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭onethreefive

RianF2 wrote: »
    I'll get in contact with them and hope for the best, maybe some people left a spare room or two. Courtyard and Brookfield are a bit out of my range though :/

If Groody are full maybe they could put your name down so if a room opens up after the cao offers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭VanishingActs

I was on to Groody yesterday to see if the last room in our place was being filled and she said yes because they were completely full. They might have a wait list though. :)

Ah balls, well one can hope I suppose

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Troy still have spaces available AFAIK.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭Daniel S

Anyone live out in Glanntan on Golf Links road?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 kingfeek

I'm currently looking at off campus, as UL on campus is booked up. What's the internet like in Courtyard village? And would they be strict on guests staying every now and then?

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭maude6868

Try as I might I can't contact Troy. The emails are being sent back to me, the phone doesn't ring just beeps. Anybody know how to contact them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Anonymagician

Anyone know what time to ring for the on-campus waiting list on Monday?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 mikey00

Anyone know what time to ring for the on-campus waiting list on Monday?

9am they said. Should I try to book other places now or is there much of a chance of getting on-campus accommodation? Do other places have waiting lists or what?

• Advertisement

Can anybody here tell me would Elm Grove Close be considered a rough area or would it be safe enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

maude6868 wrote: »
    Can anybody here tell me would Elm Grove Close be considered a rough area or would it be safe enough.

Limerick in general is a rough town/city. Castletroy is relatively a safe place to stay really. I find that Milford Grange, Elm Park, College Court are safe alright for students. Families do live there as well (bar College Court).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

jamo2oo9 wrote: »
    Limerick in general is a rough town/city. Castletroy is relatively a safe place to stay really. I find that Milford Grange, Elm Park, College Court are safe alright for students. Families do live there as well (bar College Court).

Limerick is as safe as any other city and safer than Dublin. College Court has families living in it.

What about Elm Grove Close or is that the same as Elm Park?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

What about Elm Grove Close or is that the same as Elm Park?

Elm Grove Close is a street in Elm Park.

In general, all of Castletroy is grand. Elm Park would be up there with College Court in terms of rowdiness (good lord I'm getting old), and I've heard a few stories of burglaries in Elm Park, but by and large everywhere is as safe as everywhere else tbh.

Thank you so much for the replies, it's hard to know where to go with a First Year girl who can't afford student villages. I have 2 girls going to different colleges without a grant so trying to keep expense to a minimum. Still have nowhere for the girl in Limerick if anyone knows of a room anywhere with First Years, not digs though. Thanks again for the help.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭CheyK

Thank you so much for the replies, it's hard to know where to go with a First Year girl who can't afford student villages. I have 2 girls going to different colleges without a grant so trying to keep expense to a minimum. Still have nowhere for the girl in Limerick if anyone knows of a room anywhere with First Years, not digs though. Thanks again for the help.

Have you looked into Brookfield and Courtyard? Both are cheeper than the on-campus villages and have a free shuttle bus to and from the college. There's security in both, so are relatively safe and they usually still have places available at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Midkemia

On the UL freshers page from this year there's loads of houses being advertised

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭iLaura

Like what was said above me, the likes of Groody Student Park, Courtyard, Troy and Brookfield will all have rooms reserved for incoming first years, and they're much cheaper than on campus. Each of these villages have security and are maintained by staff who fix problems much quicker than landlords. Have a look at their websites and see if the costs include bills and things, and then if you're interested in any of them, ring them first thing Monday morning after CAO is out. A lot of the tines the housing estates can seem to be cheaper, but may also be very cold or damp, and don't include bills such as bins and tv license.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 cjcooly

What do you think is the situation if you are 2000 in UCD ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 Boruma

I have a room to rent ? Digs where do I advertise on here

How do I find the Freshers page

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

Facebook. It's called UL Freshers 14-15

• Registered Users Posts: 18 darraghq52

Does anyone know what number to ring on Monday to try to be put on the waiting list for on-campus or will I be better off using their website?

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭irelandjoe

Contact me here:
    modedit- If you wish to advertise on boards, please contact hello@boards.ie

Does anybody know if Groody give references? Kinda had sh*t people living with me last year but my name never came up

• Registered Users Posts: 25 kingofconnacht

anyone know if we apply for campus accomodation by phone or online?

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭tr0llface

When I rang last week it said online is easier, but it still says closed and the phone is engaged

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭tr0llface

Your Application
    Your Induction
    Inductions is closed now.

ok but what does this mean

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 kingofconnacht

tr0llface wrote: »
    Your Application
    Your Induction
    Inductions is closed now.

ok but what does this mean