Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where do you live - Reviews! (All Accommodation Qs go here!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

DJW11 wrote: »
    Anyone else in brookfield have terrible reception on some of their tv channels?

Yeah :(

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭DJW11

Yeah :(

Say it to them in the office, please!!! I did but more have to complain before theyll get a service man out, our sky movies, sky 1 and sky sports 2 are all crap

Same for us, In block 2

Same for us, In block 2

Give them a shout tomorrow will yeah, hopefully theyll get someone out, bad enough trying to surf the web on the wifi signal but crappy reception on the tv is head wrecking

Give them a shout tomorrow will yeah, hopefully theyll get someone out, bad enough trying to surf the web on the wifi signal but crappy reception on the tv is head wrecking

Ya will do, Our wifi is very bad. Keeps dropping the conection

• Advertisement

Ya will do, Our wifi is very bad. Keeps dropping the conection

Yeah ours too, laptop wont even connect to it majority of the time

The internet has got a new lease of life! Getting unbelievable speedtests and download speeds on steam :)

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3008083350

The internet has got a new lease of life! Getting unbelievable speedtests and download speeds on steam :)

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3008083350

Thats download speed is very odd!!!? Considering the speed is supposed to be 2mbps, just tested ours and its just over 3 but its not making sense cause it struggles to stream a youtube video. Our phones can get access but our laptops cant, had a friend here earlier and he couldnt log on either

Thats download speed is very odd!!!? Considering the speed is supposed to be 2mbps, just tested ours and its just over 3 but its not making sense cause it struggles to stream a youtube video. Our phones can get access but our laptops cant, had a friend here earlier and he couldnt log on either

Iv getting 30 down and 35 up when its connected to the wall, getting 5 down on wifi

Iv getting 30 down and 35 up when its connected to the wall, getting 5 down on wifi

Have the passwords changed or is it still bhaccess? I cant connect laptop to wall or wifi

• Advertisement

Have the passwords changed or is it still bhaccess? I cant connect laptop to wall or wifi

bfaccess is the password

bfaccess is the password

And what about the login? When the brookfield student village page comes up asking for login and password

And what about the login? When the brookfield student village page comes up asking for login and password

That doesnt come up for me anymore, When we arrived we got a ID and password for the internet from reception. Ask them for it tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

ynwa14 wrote: »
    The room in Brookfield is still available :) Ye'd be sharing with three first year girls. The room has an ensuit and is one of the bigger ones in the apartment as well. Not quite a double bed but it's a pretty big single. The girls are all lovely too! Text 0871172215 or email starshipranger@live.ie or PM me or turn up at my house or whatever, you'd just have to call Brookfield, give them my name and they'll sort you out with it. And to be clear, no the room isn't free of charge, I'm just not living there anymore :P

This is the ad on the noticeboard at the Stables? Why all the shouting :pac:

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

I got an email from Dromroe telling me to do the online "induction"...

It's my fourth year living here, I think I know where to go to get my key when I check in thanks, and if I didn't know, teaching me in Week 4 isn't much use is it? :pac:

Brookfield internet back down to 2mb.

It was good while it lasted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭Chris Martin

Didn't enjoy the peak...
    Mine is actually best during the day,
    At night, when you'd think there aren't many on it, it just keeps disconnecting you :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Aragneer

Hey guys,

So I'm on Erasmus until the second semester and need a place to live for when I get back. One thing is: I won't be back till 1st February but I am willing to pay January rent just to have the room if no-one is living there.

does anyone know of any rooms that are free for second semester? I need to get this sorted before I even think of coming back to UL.

Thanks!

Please send this on to anyone if you know that they need to fill a room.

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭irelandjoe

Might not be of use but I have 1 room available from now. We do hope to fill it before Jan but contact me should you not have any luck.

https://www.facebook.com/JCPropertyIreland

• Registered Users Posts: 3 iStudentina

Hi,

i am a 2 semester Erasmus student and am currently living in Groody. The thing is I agreed to stay here for 1 year, however I am really not happy with this place and would really like to live somewhere else in the 2nd semester.

Has anyone ever left a student accommodation early? Would I have to pay the rent for the 2nd semester? Would I get my deposit back?

Thank you so much for your help! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭chicgroovy101

Room available for 2nd semester in Briarfield...... If anyone interested pm me :)

Aragneer wrote: »
    Hey guys,

So I'm on Erasmus until the second semester and need a place to live for when I get back. One thing is: I won't be back till 1st February but I am willing to pay January rent just to have the room if no-one is living there.

does anyone know of any rooms that are free for second semester? I need to get this sorted before I even think of coming back to UL.

Thanks!

I've a room available because I've to go on coop for 2nd Semester!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Hi,

i am a 2 semester Erasmus student and am currently living in Groody. The thing is I agreed to stay here for 1 year, however I am really not happy with this place and would really like to live somewhere else in the 2nd semester.

Has anyone ever left a student accommodation early? Would I have to pay the rent for the 2nd semester? Would I get my deposit back?

Thank you so much for your help! :)

Whatever about getting your deposit back or not. Do not pay for rent for second semester, if you will not be living there.

There be a new wave of students moving in next term anyway.

Best to inform receptionist as soon as you can so that they can advertise the room for the next term.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 iStudentina

chicgroovy: where do you live? do you maybe have pictures?

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭toodleytoo

Aragneer wrote: »
    Hey guys,

Thanks!

We've a place available from January on. If you like I could send you on some pics?

chicgroovy: where do you live? do you maybe have pictures?

Living in Briarfield, ya I will take some pics and pm them to u this afternoon!!

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭ynwa14

Somebody take my room in Brookfield, I will give you my house. Almost literally. I'll pay rent for the time its been unoccupied obviously

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭marvin_spazz

there has been alot of complaints about this guy from students in the past.
    http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/bb-owner-abused-daughter-from-age-of-5-246042.html

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭The Bogman

Group of us fcoming back from tp looking for a house for 2nd semester. In either of College Court or milford. Maybe elm park or oaklawns. Looking for a house that maybe is being vacated by people leaving on coop or whatever. 4-6 bedrooms,
    Posted this here before and got a few replies but I thought we had something sorted. Seems not anymore so we're on the lookout

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 FOS5252

Hi Postgrad student here, Looking to move off campus for remainder of year (possibly summer time as well). Willing to move within the next month or so but could move in earlier if needed! Anyone know of any houses with free rooms? Or anywhere to ring up(not from Limerick nor do I have a notion where to start looking)! :)

Thanks Pm me if your looking or have any info :D

Advertisement