Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where do you live - Reviews! (All Accommodation Qs go here!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭Chris Martin

Christ, I suppose if you're using whole house maybe :P
    Like to think your house if far enough down that if you do throw one of your mega parties I'll be out of range.. :P
    Ah there's still good people out there! :P Keep keys in my bag most days, don't trust my pockets... :P Lost an amount of keys and worried about how much zapper thing is to replace.. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭iLaura

Nah dont worry, that was a once off thing for a friends 18th. We're generally a very quiet bunch and have friends over maybe a couple times a semester for drinks before heading out.
    I never actually took notice of how much it costs to replace them :-P

Briarfield last year, anything short of a riot would've been welcome at times...
    Can tolerate quite a bit of noise, just need to pick up better headphones :)
    I know deposit is €50 for car one, and in an LIT student accom it's €25, but never asked at desk today... There was a line of people behind me.. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Jamie Starr

Moving into Groody tomorrow. I'll be the one in the limo blaring "I'm In Love With A Stripper" by T-Pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Fella from maintenance at Brookfield just came into our apartment and installed the router for the WiFi. He said it should be working by Monday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭ynwa14

Lads whats the best/cheapest way to get from Brookfield to the train station like I havent even figured out how to get a bus in this place yet

• Registered Users Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

ynwa14 wrote: »
    Lads whats the best/cheapest way to get from Brookfield to the train station like I havent even figured out how to get a bus in this place yet

There should be a bus going from Brookfield into the city (afaik) but if not, get the shuttle into the college, then the bus into city centre. If you get off outside Gamestop/Centra (William Street), go up as far as the junction with traffic lights, go right (Wickham/Parnell Street) and continue straight, it'll be on the left.
    If you get off outside the animal welfare place (Roches Street), again, go up the street until the road gets wide and there's lanes coming from everywhere (terribly confusing to drive on). You'll know it when you see it. Turn right again and keep going straight, it'll be on your left, just before the green.

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭irelandjoe

have 1 room available for a 4th year / post grad if anyone is looking

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭clonadlad

Double room to rent for first semester. In college court, right at the back of Schumann, literally a 3 minute walk. 4 second year lads. PM me if interested.

I'm finding WiFi from almost every apartment in our block (Brookfield) except mine. The router is just there lying idle at the moment under The desk. No power cable connected so no signal :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 mc_hammered

lads is there much accomodation about below? like signs up on houses and around the college. had a look at daft but was womdering is there more options.

wont be able to get down to limerick until week 2 of college

lads is there much accomodation about below? like signs up on houses and around the college. had a look at daft but was womdering is there more options.

I had a room available until yesterday but if you still looking a know a few landlords still looking to fill houses.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

There is an Italian intern student leaving the house I'm staying in this weekend. An ensuite room in Cois Ghruda. Meant to be another student moving in on the Sunday. However, I haven't heard from him since last week so don't know his current story.

I'll keep you posted.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 6YearStruggle

What is the story with the heat in Cappavilla rooms? Radiator has been switched off for the past 2 weeks but still as warm as ever!

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭toodleytoo

Hey guys, I'm looking for some help. One of the girls dropped out of the house I'm living in and we've to fill the room. It's a nice enough house in Milford, tv and internet are all set up. We stuck a poster up on the window but is there any site online ye'd recommend for advertising? The landlord wants it filled for the rest of the college year..

toodleytoo wrote: »
    Hey guys, I'm looking for some help. One of the girls dropped out of the house I'm living in and we've to fill the room. It's a nice enough house in Milford, tv and internet are all set up. We stuck a poster up on the window but is there any site online ye'd recommend for advertising? The landlord wants it filled for the rest of the college year..

Is the landlord charging you all for the house or just each room separately?

Surely he should advertise the room. Ollie Hassett by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭toodleytoo

YFlyer wrote: »
    Is the landlord charging you all for the house or just each room separately?

Surely he should advertise the room. Ollie Hassett by any chance?

Seperately but we signed a contract so she's trying to find a replacement so she doesnt lose her deposit.

No its not Ollie hassett, the landlords actually grand he's also advertising I think!

The internet in brookfield is a disgrace!

To be honest, same in Groody,
    Neighbours so I suppose why not...
    Internet's relatively slow but what annoys me is I have to keep typing in username and pass :/

Hey guys have a room in Brookfield available, Internet ensuit bathroom and stuff it's free for the year so if interested pleaseeeee pm me as it does need to be filled :) thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭DJW11

Free as in free to who ever wants it, or as in its free to let for the year? im in brookfield but I know someone who would be interested

*free to let. Sorry I wrote that on my phone so I didnt realise it didn't come across as I intended :P I just moved out of there so :)

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭jsd1004

I have a room to let in 26 castlebrook college court. Largest double room with fast 12mb broadband. 2 minutes walk to ul. Lovely house. Sharing with 4 2nd year lads. 85 euro per week all bills included. Phone 0870680597 or call to house.

EnSuite room, with Double bed has become available in the Cedars. If anyone knows anyone looking please contact me ASAP.

The room in Brookfield is still available :) Ye'd be sharing with three first year girls. The room has an ensuit and is one of the bigger ones in the apartment as well. Not quite a double bed but it's a pretty big single. The girls are all lovely too! Text 0871172215 or email starshipranger@live.ie or PM me or turn up at my house or whatever, you'd just have to call Brookfield, give them my name and they'll sort you out with it. And to be clear, no the room isn't free of charge, I'm just not living there anymore :P

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Cosmicfox

I've decided to drop out of college and I need to find someone to take over my room in Brookfield for the first semester

It's an ensuite room in a 3 person flat about a 25 minute walk from UL. There's also a free shuttle bus going to and from Ul during the day for residents.

Message me if you're interested. I'll of course cover the cost for the time I've already been there.

Cosmicfox wrote: »
    I've decided to drop out of college and I need to find someone to take over my room in Brookfield for the first semester

It's an ensuite room in a 3 person flat about a 25 minute walk from UL. There's also a free shuttle bus going to and from Ul during the day for residents.

Message me if you're interested. I'll of course cover the cost for the time I've already been there.

That's abit harsh that you will have to find a replacement for the whole term.

Make sure that the receptionist will fill your room first if somebody is interested in moving in to Brookfield.

will you have a going away party? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Cosmicfox

YFlyer wrote: »
    That's abit harsh that you will have to find a replacement for the whole term.

Make sure that the receptionist will fill your room first if somebody is interested in moving in to Brookfield.

will you have a going away party? :D

I was only meant to be here the one term so if I want any money back I'll need to fill it.

Lol, not in the mood for that, feeling too much a failure right now for any parties!

Thought it was harsh having to find someone to fill your room too. They told me if someone books they cant make sure they get a room someone has vacated, there has to be a definite link as in they have to give your name and you have to give the name of the person who's taking the space, or else you dont get money back.

Really quite stressing because I booked for a year and can not afford to lose 3k+ D:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭DJW11

Anyone else in brookfield have terrible reception on some of their tv channels?

Advertisement