Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats the book?

Options
  • 06-09-2005 7:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭

Ok I remember someone on holidays telling about a book written by an Irish Times journalist. It’s a comedy that started out as a column in the Irish Times about a Dublin knocker or teenager [can’t remember which] and is written as a journal. It then become popular and was published as a book.

That’s all I can remember of it [I was a bit drunk at the time]
    Does ring a bell with anyone?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Would that be Ross O'Carroll-Kelly or the like?

There was a thread upon that very subject in this forum in recent times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,612 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

there's four of them,

the miseducation years
    the teenage dirtbag years
    the orange mocha-chip frappuccion years
    ps i scored the bridesmaids

there about a dickhead call ross o' carroll-kelly.
    written by paul howard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Franky Boy

There **** btw.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,612 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

alot of people would disagree franky.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 656 ✭✭✭supersheep

He's not an Irish Times journalist, as far as I know - the Times wouldn't let such claptrap into their hallowed pages... :p He writes for the Sunday Tribune, every week there's a royshian column on the back page.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭irishguy

dudara wrote:
    Would that be Ross O'Carroll-Kelly or the like?

There was a thread upon that very subject in this forum in recent times.

I think thats it. Have many people here read any of them? are they any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,494 ✭✭✭✭28064212

supersheep wrote:
    He's not an Irish Times journalist, as far as I know - the Times wouldn't let such claptrap into their hallowed pages... :p He writes for the Sunday Tribune, every week there's a royshian column on the back page.
    I don't think the Irish Times' core demographic would appreciate their kids having the piss ripped out of them. Great books. Provided you remember they are actually fiction and don't let it bias you

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Closed Accounts Posts: 656 ✭✭✭supersheep

I would have thought that the Indo would be more suitable for the parents of the royshians - after all, it plays more to their prejudices. The Irish Times wouldn't run through an estate shouting affluence, but I could see the Indo doing it.

Franky Boy wrote:
    There **** btw.

Where is it, are they there?

Or perhaps did you mean they're? please make sensible comments

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭humbleCounty

dudara wrote:
    Where is it, are they there?

Or perhaps did you mean they're? please make sensible comments

you obviously understood what he meant. oh sorry, the y should be capitalised there.

you obviously understood what he meant. oh sorry, the y should be capitalised there.

har de har. You so funny

Seriously, my real gripe with his post what that he didn't say why he felt that the books were bad.

Advertisement