Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need home for my gorgeous dog

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

Hmm. You don't really have to give keys to half the neighbourhood if you think your neighbours aren't to be trusted. But if you know any of your neighbours, and know even one trustworthy local kid, it's worth paying for a doggie-walker. The dog will look forward to being walked every day, and will get a chance to have a pee.

I doubt training is an option if the dog's getting too old to control her bladder.

Would your local vet be able to recommend a dog-walker?

What about Walkies (http://www.walkies.ie), who run this as a professional service - if they have a walker local to you? If you're interested in hearing a radio programme where Anne Kiernan, who runs Walkies, is interviewed, it's here: http://www.rte.ie/radio1/story/1055422.html

Walkies' contact details (from the same site) are:

Phone: 086 37 47 888
    Email: info@walkies.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭holly_johnson

Thank you for the last three posts. Nice to hear some reasonable opinion.

I don't think the crate training will work, as she is already house trained, just finding it difficult to hold on anymore, but it was a very kind offer.

www.walkies.ie sounds like it is worth a shot. I will have a look at the website.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭narommy

Really I can't understand some people.

Put the dog out the back. It will get used to it and will live a lot longer than in a pound. It's not that big a deal. The dog will get used to it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

aare people replace pets all the time, wether they do it within day or weeks or months its something for her to consider in the long term.
    I see it all too often.It was a word of advice NOT a dig at Holly!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Just a general question, not necessarily in the context of this thread:

If people REPLACE pets, if people SWAP pets for a new one, if people DISCARD pets ....why on earth should one NOT have a dig at them and treat them with silk gloves, respect and understanding instead??

They have earned none of that ...

I would personally have as much of a "dig" as the law allows ... regardless of their sensibilities or feelings. Didn't show any to their pets ...don't diserve to be treated with any either.

Would the "do not upset" - fraction please elaborate?

Thank you

Edited to add:

I'm not involved in rescue activity, but i can imagine situations where it is probly in the animals' best interest to appease the owner and get the animals out of there asap ...but there must be other situations as well, where a bit of a reminder about the responsiblity of pet ownership (if necessary by standing on the owners feet for a bit) might do the trick just as well ...without having to "rescue" the animal ?

• Advertisement
Advertisement