Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MRC are NGB for F-Class shooting?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

Sparks wrote:
    Or, when the team was being put together by RRPC and DRC, their representatives on the .22 and/or air rifle subcommittes would have known the score with the National Squads; the NGB would have put the info out there on the website and in the rulebook as to how the National Squads and the National Team were set up; and that way anyone who ever shot enough to get to the level where they'd be off to Bisley, would know what the story was about the Irish Team!
    Ehhhh what?? Team??. We were there, we were asked on the day as far as I remember
    Er, actually, in the British Open in Bisley, the Wilkinstown team was listed with Wilkinstown after their names and there wasn't any confusion (mind you, we were an easily recognised group as we were all in uniform at the time, that may have helped).
    Because it was probably a club or county competition, where the country is not listed. Some of the Bisley week matches are listed like that as are the postal shoots.
    They don't - at least, not in an ISSF international match. They'll have a team in for a lot of other international NSRA matches though, right up to and including the Commonwealth, but in an ISSF international match they have to be either GB or IRL. They couldn't enter on their own, ISSF would require that either the NSRA or NTSA put them forward.
    AFAIK there are no ISSF matches during Bisley week, the one I'm referring to is the Home Countries International Matches (Prone, 3P, Womens etc.)
    There is something now nagging at me though - you said they just walked up and asked you if you wanted to enter? But that's not how ISSF internationals are run - you have to send off entry forms, often a good while in advance, and the invitations are only sent to the Member Federations; are you sure it was an ISSF international, or just the NSRA lads running a match to ISSF standards and calling it an international?
    I never said it was an ISSF international, you see?, jumping onto your high horse and missing the saddle, or did you end up facing the wrong way? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

rrpc wrote:
    22 tennis in Rathdrum, you name the day I'll bring the umpire :D
    Ah, a challange! :D

rrpc wrote:
    Ehhhh what?? Team??. We were there, we were asked on the day as far as I remember
    Did you not go over as the Rathdrum Team?
    Because it was probably a club or county competition, where the country is not listed. Some of the Bisley week matches are listed like that as are the postal shoots.
    Club or county??? Oi you, it was the British Airgun Championships! :D
    (You know, the air rifle version of Bisley Week!)
    AFAIK there are no ISSF matches during Bisley week, the one I'm referring to is the Home Countries International Matches (Prone, 3P, Womens etc.)
    Ah, that's a different story. But Ireland's not eligible to enter a team for that anyway, no more than we could enter the Commonwealth games!
    I never said it was an ISSF international, you see?, jumping onto your high horse and missing the saddle, or did you end up facing the wrong way? :D
    Hey! Just because I'm used to the word "International" meaning ISSF competition, doesn't mean I'm on a high horse - and anyway, you used the word in that way yourself only a day or so ago!

Sparks wrote:
    Did you not go over as the Rathdrum Team?
    You are only the Rathdrum team if you enter a team competition, which we did not.
    Club or county??? Oi you, it was the British Airgun Championships! :D
    (You know, the air rifle version of Bisley Week!)
    Exactly, open to club or county teams or individuals. Hence the absence of country designation. (unless otherwise stated, rates may change without notice, errors and omissions excepted, value of opinions may go up as well as down)
    Ah, that's a different story. But Ireland's not eligible to enter a team for that anyway, no more than we could enter the Commonwealth games!
    Oh yes we are...."shooting for honours only"
    Hey! Just because I'm used to the word "International" meaning ISSF competition, doesn't mean I'm on a high horse - and anyway, you used the word in that way yourself only a day or so ago!
    Within the context of the discussion. I initiated this subthread about an international match during Bisley week, which I thought you would have known has no ISSF matches, but you saw INTERNATIONAL and immediately hopped up on your equine quadraped and proceeded to berate me from a height about procedures and subcommittees and rulebooks!

And the 22 tennis match challenge still stands. :D

• Advertisement

rrpc wrote:
    And the 22 tennis match challenge still stands. :D

You are *so* on. Loser buys coffee afterwards :D
    Not this sunday though, I'm booked :D

Sparks wrote:
    You are *so* on. Loser buys coffee afterwards :D
    Not this sunday though, I'm booked :D
    Not so cheaply as that Sparks, loser admits publicly on this board that they were wrong on the subject of minutes :D

Naw rrpc, that's trial by combat, and if I'm doing that, there are three or four others in the queue ahead of you :D

Advertisement