Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sat-the tests they have in America.

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

THEZAPPA wrote:
    its like doing the jc again.
    Oh god, it's so not. It's simple and just like a little challenge. Nowhere near the behemoth of the J.C.! If you like maths and English then you'll probably enjoy this. Just don't get stressed about it. Oh and remember that you'll have very little time to complete each section so be quick! I only completely finished about half of the sections and I was alright. With a J.C. education under your belt you should have no problems. Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭THEZAPPA

Oh god, it's so not. It's simple and just like a little challenge. Nowhere near the behemoth of the J.C.! If you like maths and English then you'll probably enjoy this. Just don't get stressed about it. Oh and remember that you'll have very little time to complete each section so be quick! I only completely finished about half of the sections and I was alright. With a J.C. education under your belt you should have no problems. Good luck.

well thats great then,cose i found the jc simple.
    i love maths and english they are my fav subjects but i do prefer history-but still yeh im a fast thinker.

thank you so much :)
    im feeling happy now.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

get in touch with the American Embassy, they should be able to point you in the right direction,

you might also need to apply for a visa to get into the country. no sense in paying 42k and not being able to attend.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I too did the CTYI SATS. When you apply for them they send oyu out a sample question booklet with the types of questions asked on them If you ever did the Drumcondra tests in primary school they're a bit like them. For Verbal you have a reading comprehensions and 'what word best fits this' type questions. For maths you have various problems and equations to sort out. They are the two SATS used for gaining entry to CTYI although American college-goers have SATS in History and probably other subjects too. First off all see what SATS you'll have to do as there are many different kinds, even for the same subjects. Second of all find out what subjects you'd be taking the SATS in and order some SAT booklets online.

Good Luck :)

I got in touch with CTYI adn they said that they do not do the SATS test anymore only for people doing their courses,but they said that they do might do it in st.Andrews booterstown so i have to ring them tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭Celticfire

Maby this place could help you out, the American college in Dublin.
    College

thanks but it has nothing about SAT test.

ill contact the American embassy in dublin and st.Andrews tomorrow.

thanks anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

if you're still checking this thread:

www.collegeboard.com

we got asked if we wanted to do it as part of TY. I'd done it already, but we got that link. you can register, look for the next test date in ireland. there's a few places, and it changes around, sometimes st. andrews.

you can book and pay online as well.

hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Jk_Eire

ermm somebody said this earlier. But doenst college in the states costs a lot. You made a point about your family income but your still an international student and may have to pay full fees as a result.. Im not sure about this ,but its the way it is in Ireland. Maybe your right , but it doenst make sence for colleges in America just accept any students from anywhere? If you havent already done so you should really really look into this and read all the small print and conditions.
    good luck with the SAT's

Advertisement