Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What the hell are RTE playing at?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I have Chorus and the sound problem has been happening on and off for a while now on different channels. Or at least, i think it has.

I personally love the double episodes. The one problem I had with Lost was that it moved too slowly, given that each episode is an hour long. With the double episodes, I finally feel that I'm getting an appreciable dose of the action. Keep it up RTE.

I've also noticed this starting early thing too. It's only a few minutes, but it can be enough to throw you off

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

I am very, very cranky about this weeks spoilerfest trailer.

C4 are showing simlar adds, and they do spoil the show. The dancing adds where their to promote the opening week.

Strangely while i watch RTE the most I alway seem to miss the LOST adds. suppose its a good thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭OFDM

prospect wrote:
    I don't think the problem is with RTE
    As I said earlier, I have RTE on Sky Digital and the sound is perfect, always.
    It is a problem with RTE transmission. The sound dropping isn't happening with RTE1 or any other channel on free-to-air. Clearly if the sound isn't dropping on Sky then something's going wrong between wherever the signal splits off to go for Sky digital transmision/free-to-air transmission and where it's actually transmitted free-to-air.

The conclusion is that it is RTE's fault seeing as they run all transmitters.

Just because cable viewers are having similar problems on all channels is just coincidental and unconnected.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Just because cable viewers are having similar problems on all channels is just coincidental and unconnected.

I would think that if you are having a problem across all channels (visual or audio) that it is not the indivdual broadcasters fault but your Cable Companies.

I have only noticed it on RTE TWO.

I must check to see if the same problem is happening with the TV up stairs that does not have cable.

If it is not a problem on FTA then its NTLs fault.

I also would conclude that it is a problem with NTL as RTE haven't appoligsed for the lose of sound. Punk'd last night had terrible sound. RTE might be bad but they always appolised for bad quality sound and vision.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

OFDM wrote:
    It is a problem with RTE transmission. The sound dropping isn't happening with RTE1 or any other channel on free-to-air. Clearly if the sound isn't dropping on Sky then something's going wrong between wherever the signal splits off to go for Sky digital transmision/free-to-air transmission and where it's actually transmitted free-to-air.

The conclusion is that it is RTE's fault seeing as they run all transmitters.

I won't even pretend to be an expert in the matter, but maybe your aerial isn't set-up to the optimum direction.
    My parents had a similar problem (it was sound and picture intermitantly and randomly dropping) and it turned out it was caused by some trees that had grown and were blowing in the wind and interfering with the signal!?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭OFDM

prospect wrote:
    I won't even pretend to be an expert in the matter, but maybe your aerial isn't set-up to the optimum direction.
    My parents had a similar problem (it was sound and picture intermitantly and randomly dropping) and it turned out it was caused by some trees that had grown and were blowing in the wind and interfering with the signal!?
    I'm a telecommunications engineer so I know what I'm talking about! Sound won't just suddenly drop out for a second or two leaving a crystal clear picture on an analogue FTA signal.

Read the rest of the thread, everyone on FTA is having the same problem on RTE2.

Advertisement