Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

At last, a coherent theory? *SPOILERS*

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 37,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Have you any linkage there trish?

Was thinking that it probably wasn't going to have anything to do with 4 dimensional cubes myself. Too much for the average punter to actually give a poo about.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

trishw78 wrote:
    Holy crap that was a brilliant theory ... It instantly reminded me of a Stephen King Film 'Screachers' I think it's called where an plane flies through the northern lights and ends up in the past... obvisouly there's no screachers eatin up the past in the series YET.. but it's still to do time and 'doorways or portals...

BRILLIANT

It was a short story called The Langoliers from the book "Four Past Midnight".

People wake up to find half of the people on the plane have vanished and realise that they're caught in a pocket of time. Great story.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

Khannie wrote:
    Have you any linkage there trish?

Was thinking that it probably wasn't going to have anything to do with 4 dimensional cubes myself. Too much for the average punter to actually give a poo about.

It was on the E4 Lost revealed show that was on a couple of weeks ago there was a thread discussing the revealed...

Ponstar thanks that was it 'The Longoliers' Brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Lamia

Amazing! Its the most logical theory Ive read so far...havent read that many though TBH :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭sephirosis

i dont know if i fully agree with the theory, or even completely understand it, and i did have to avert my eyes from whole paragraphs when it looked like a looming spoiler (i learned one or two small things i would rather not have despite my efforts >_<), but it is very well explained and researched so fair play.

has anyone read umberto eco's "the island of the day before"? it reminds me of it a bit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭dr gonzo

Very interesting and amazing to think that lost brings out such a quest for knowledge in people but i think it might be a little over the top, its a nice theory but it doesnt explain the "others" or anything and also lost is primetime television it would be a tad difficult to explain all of that on the show. I would imagine its something a little more straight forward.

But i might be completely wrong(Which i wouldnt mind because i quite like that theory and it would also really higher the intellectual level of current tv shows)

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭cuppa

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

HHHHmmmmm, I don't think its it.

If the writers are worth their salt, it should be impossible to tell what caused the whole incident at this stage. I mean come on its the first series for christ sake! Tbh I found that theory rather boring. Sure the guy is smart in finding all those connections and ways of explaining the facts but I just don't think it fits Lost's story.

Advertisement