Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

At last, a coherent theory? *SPOILERS*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Is this a spoiler for IRL viewers also?

Before i have a look!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

Yeah. Read it after tonight's double-bill and you should be alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

Man... that makes far too much sense...

My head hurts...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

That is the most logical explanation I've heard. Fair play to yer man, although he probably should get out more.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

eh gads!

interesting though

yet again the numbers pop up

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Damn that makes perfect sense.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭Sandals

absolute crap.

Sandals wrote:
    absolute crap.

Please explain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 791 ✭✭✭fightin irish

Wowzers, Thats some serious explanation....But would the ordinary joe in the street( i.e. me :D ) pick up on this, I doubt it. But then again you never know...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Sandals wrote:
    absolute crap.

Didnt get it eh?

Read it again slowly.

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,470 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I like it !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

Doh, I shouldn't have read on through it!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

Sandals wrote:
    absolute crap.
    Sounds like someone doesn't understand theoretical physics very well.
    Its nothing to be ashamed of...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Wow...interesting...but that dude really needs to get out more...:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

A nice explanation of the numbers on http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lost_%282004_television_series%29#The_Numbers

Warning, this page contains ALOT OF SPOILERS!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 791 ✭✭✭fightin irish

sjones wrote:
    A nice explanation of the numbers on http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lost_%282004_television_series%29#The_Numbers

Warning, this page contains ALOT OF SPOILERS!!!

Jesus h Christ ''alot of spoilers'' is an understatment lol. But nice linky anyways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Sauron

that wikipedia one is very interesting....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

quite current zeitgeisty.... its explains the premise, but i didn't see where he explain "point" of the show.

i was watching meet the press on cnbc the other day and they were talking about that energy bill and how it they've decided to changed daylight saving time for the US... to save energy consumption, but they never bothered to ask canada of or any other country about it... screwing up trading and god knows what else

I always been a bit confused about this to go a bit off topic, time zones were always delineated in roughly vertical strips so now say american states and canadian states above will be out of sync...

i always wondered how they split america into three time zones, where the blurred line between states, if you fly its easy enough to change your watch,but if you drive from one state to the other at which motor service station do they change the clocks, i know stupid...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

Holy crap that was a brilliant theory ... It instantly reminded me of a Stephen King Film 'Screachers' I think it's called where an plane flies through the northern lights and ends up in the past... obvisouly there's no screachers eatin up the past in the series YET.. but it's still to do time and 'doorways or portals...

BRILLIANT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

dont killl me, but i fell asleep while reading that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Good explanation, nicely put together.
    There should be more to it though.......
    Something involving aliens or the cia would be nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭seabee

Wow, that is class!
    How long would he have spent developing/thinking about that theory?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

bloody hell
    that bloke must have a lot of spare time!!
    excellent theory though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭voxpop

how is it a coherent theory? - found it slightly boring myself, way too sci-fi - timetravel,inter-dimensional portals, com'on...
    Lost is supposed to be grounded in reality - that theory sounds waay too crazy for anything main-stream like lost.

how is it a coherent theory? - found it slightly boring myself, way too sci-fi - timetravel,inter-dimensional portals, com'on...
    Lost is supposed to be grounded in reality - that theory sounds waay too crazy for anything main-stream like lost.

Mainstream yes, but grounded in reality?

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Fridge

It's a lot more realistic than aliens, or being in purgatory.

It sounds like the kinda of thing that can happen, it probably can, but we don't know a lot about this kind of stuff yet. Maybe because you go missing if you try to investigate.

Fridge wrote:
    It sounds like the kinda of thing that can happen, it probably can, but we don't know a lot about this kind of stuff yet. Maybe because you go missing if you try to investigate.

How do we know it doesn't happen? Think of all the people that go missing every year some of those are never accounted for so maybe that's where the go...

On second thoughts what tv show are we watching 'Lost' or 'The 4400'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭ross_castle

This is a very ENTERTAINING and compelling explanation as to what happened the Lost survivors. But I strongly feel the need to point out that it has ABSOLUTELY NO GROUNDING WHATSOEVER IN SCIENTIFIC FACT. Regardless of what the poster claims

• Registered Users Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

Scientific "facts" are only what is believed to be true at this point in time.

514 years ago, every scientist worth his salt would have had you commited for saying the Earth was flat.

Then again, I have my doubts about how wacky the Lost explanation will be. I think it will be relatively understandable and shockingly obvious!

• Advertisement

Draupnir wrote:
    Then again, I have my doubts about how wacky the Lost explanation will be. I think it will be relatively understandable and shockingly obvious!

Didn't the writers not suggest that it was very obvious and that no wormholes/portals/doorways were involved in the making of 'Lost'...

Advertisement