Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drink Of The Week

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

5th January 2006

The tequila sunrise, as per Blisterman...
    How about a Tequila Sunrise. Very nice and makes you feel like you're on some tropical beach.

You take a shot of tequila, add some Orange Juice, and pour in some grenadine syrup. The grenadine should sink to the bottom and create a cool gradient look.

Grenadine sryup's quite hard to find, but you can get it in the bigger off licences, and a bottle lasts for ages.

12th February 2006

tSubh Dearg nominated Champagne as DOTW, so here it is. However, she never pointed out a brand (other than a little-known bottle of loveliness from her local offlicence that's so lovely she's not sharing the name lest the price go up :D )

So I've gone with my special occasion brand of preference, Veuve Cliquot. It's not Krug, but then again there's not much that is. Incidentally, the force behind this drinkie is a woman - Madame Cliquot picked up the reins of the estate when her husband died prematurely in the early 1800s and created a tour de force ([/unintentional French punnage]).

If you have a different champagne you prefer, post it on the DOTW nominations thread - same for red and white wines...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,450 ✭✭✭Blisterman

I had some of that last week. My friend won a bottle for being the best dancer in a club. Pretty nice.

19th February 2006

This week's DOTW is Crimson Gin.

Championed by Steveland, who's a big fan (see here) this is one of the Cork brand of gins from Irish Distillers.

I can actually find very little about it on the internet, so am not entirely sure what makes it 'Crimson'. Comments/reviews welcome!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Champagne & RedBull.

Its kerayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyzeeee!

• Advertisement

I have to stop posting on boards when locked off my face.

Actually I have to stop getting locked off my face.

I am currently locked off my face.

I need to stop.

Stop what?

It's official, the DOTW has missed a week

This weeks DOTW is Jasob's Creek Sparkling Rose

Because it's what I'm drinking right now.

Chrstxbye.

This week's DOTW is Stella Artois, because nobody's suggested an alternative. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭noby

Nomination

With St. Patrick's day upon us, and before someone nominates a green beer, I want to nominate an Irish Stout. More specifically, O'Hara's, from the Carlow brewing Co.

oharastout.jpg

It has quickly become my favourite Irish stout. Er, that's all.

Covonia Mentholated Expectorant

cov149e.jpg

Costs about £2.50 for a 150ml bottle. Alcohol content is 7.5%.

It tastes like Sambuca/Liquorice. Certainly burns your throat enough. I'm not sure drinking it in 33ml shot measures would be healthy (or more, as it's not that strong), but you certainly won't have a cough by the end of the night!

It's the only alcohol I've been able to touch today (or all week for that matter), fúckin flu :(

• Advertisement

Mikey B, why is it you frequent this board when you're drunk? Need I ask? I'm leaving your post there for humour content. Also because of the ridiculousness factor - e.g. it's such a ridiculous suggestion it's harmless. Kind of how vulgar abuse is a defense for libel.

... I wasn't drunk when I posted that!

I haven't had alcohol (apart from my lovely cough mixture) in at least a week now. Reality is cold and miserable place :(

So you really are sick? That's Bacchus punishing you for mixing champagne with red bull you know...

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Danzka citron. Have never tasted a smoother vodka, pisses on absolut citron (and I love that too).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

Currently tucking into a nice 660ml bottle of Cobra extra smooth. I am very impressed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭dulux

Got the order wrong at the bar, ordered this for a friend and she wouldnt drink it. I gave her my drink and had it instead. Now I love it.

Teachers, nice enough but never really my first choice and Finches fizzy lemon.

Remember its still whiskey and will make legless...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Freelancer

rubadub wrote:
    Danzka citron. Have never tasted a smoother vodka, pisses on absolut citron (and I love that too).

They do a grapefruit one that is equally as splendid, just drink it on the rocks.

Guinness, baileys and sherry.

Mmmm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭Manolo Blahnik

http://www.lahoublonniere.be/administrer/images/cocktails/bror.jpg

Yum doesn't even taste like alcohol and it's weak I've such a low tolerance :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

kano476 wrote:
    a friend to pur whlie you drink

Do you think it might work without the bizarre cat fetish?

On topic, I encountered Halmstad cider the other night. Specificaly, the lime and strawberry versions. They're really good, on a par with Kopparburg ciders. I recommend y'all give them a go.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭*Tripper*

Anyone ever have Duuvel? They have it in The Porterhouse, wasn't impreesd. What do ye think about it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

Nomination.

Interest in the drink of the week is waning :(

I nominate Wyborowa Polish vodka for this weeks drink of the week.

Tesco sell it and also I buy it normally in O'Briens Sandymount, moderately high quality Polish vodka, it's the standard Polish drink really.

This is hangover free territory, absolutely brilliant, cant recommend it enough.

Wyborowa polish vodka it is!

Drinks with 18 shots and a packet of skittles it's not!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

Aaaaaah you took the recipe down, I dont know now whether to use night nurse in the cocktail or Benylin :(

I bought a few bottles of both just in case, do you reckon there is any way to find out if they have codeine in them, I dont really want to wake up for a week you see......

Don't forget to bring a towel!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

if ti aint been done before, id like to suggest a good old fashined fuzzy navel.

a goddess among cocktails, marginally beaten only a cosmpolitan :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

In view of the delightful sunshine outside I would like to nominate Pimms as Drink of the Week. Mixed with lemonade and garnished with strawberries and mint leaves, it's the perfect drink for enjoying the sunshine with.

Has this been discontinued?

I'd like to nominate Samuel Adams as the Drink of the Week.
    If you haven't savoured this beer, you're in for a treat. It's a Lager from Boston, and is probably the best Lager, I've ever tasted.
    It's avalible in most of the better Beer off licences, such as Redmonds in Ranelagh, and O Briens.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Blisterman wrote:
    I'd like to nominate Samuel Adams as the Drink of the Week.
    If you haven't savoured this beer, you're in for a treat. It's a Lager from Boston, and is probably the best Lager, I've ever tasted.
    It's avalible in most of the better Beer off licences, such as Redmonds in Ranelagh, and O Briens.

Seconded. A great beer. Had the pleasure of imbibing their limited edition Pale Ale while in Boston earlier this year. Even nicer...

Advertisement