Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favourite Nintendo game?

Options
  • 18-08-2005 12:16am
    Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Well, we've asked what console... now pick a game :)

For me? Metroid Prime. It's just so stunningly beautiful, playable, atmospheric... and the perfect transformation of the Metroid series into 3D. And the music is fantastic too :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

Goldeneye or maybe Super Mario World. The first FPS I played. God this forum makes me remmeber some good ol' times.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Goldeneye... Will be playing Metroid Prime for the first time on Sat though...! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

The Legend of Zelda - The Ocarina of Time. What a game.
    Also Goldeneye kept me occupied for a while!

I almost forgot: Pokémon on the Game Boy! Yeah, thats probably my favourite. Huge game with loads to complete and unlock.

(edit: goddamn nostalgia!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Rew wrote:
    Goldeneye... Will be playing Metroid Prime for the first time on Sat though...! :eek:
    good stuff :)
    don't expect it to grab you instantly though. it wasn't until the second playthrough that i truely started the heart it.

For me, it'd have to be Super Metroid, the pinnacle of 2d gaming.
    Superb graphics, moody atmosphere, one of the greatest 16 bit soundtracks and gameplay that has yet to be bested.
    sheer quality... ninty style :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I'd have to go with Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening on the original GameBoy. It was the first Zelda game I ever played and it just seemed above and beyond anything else on the GameBoy.

Playing The Minish Cap recently on the GBA I found recaptured alot of the magic I felt playing Link's Awakening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Tough decision. Id probably say Goldeneye. Although Super Mario World and the Zelda games are up there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

Gotta be a tie, I'm afraid - Advance Wars and Mario Kart :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,979 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Super Metroid for me. As Tman said it is the pinnacle of 2D gaming. Beautiful design, fantastic looking, excellent atmospheic soundtrack and nothing but great fun to play.

Have to give a mention to Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past which I prefer to Ocarina of Time and Super Mario World which is the best platfirm game ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Zelda 3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭AllMessedUp

donkey kong country

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,911 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

Im fickle when it comes to this...

Super Tennis

This post has been deleted.

I loved that cheat! I got all my top 6 fighting Pokémon up to Level 100. I think I can remember my top 6 actually, it was a good mixture of all fighting types.:
    Mew
    Mewtwo
    Blastoise
    Charizard
    Venusaur
    Zapdos.

Sad, I know!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Berger

Goldeneye or Zelda Ocarina of Time. Although Metroid Prime is really damn good. Stuck on the Omega Pirate though and he's wrecking my head :/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,979 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I will defend Pokemon to the grave. Despite the moans about nintendo milking the franchise if people actually played them they would realise that they are some of the best games ever made.

qz wrote:
    I loved that cheat! I got all my top 6 fighting Pokémon up to Level 100. I think I can remember my top 6 actually, it was a good mixture of all fighting types.:
    Mew
    Mewtwo
    Blastoise
    Charizard
    Venusaur
    Zapdos.

Sad, I know!

Ah lads, thats not the half of what that cheat could do. You could catch level 140 level pokemon there and then rare candy them to about 255. As long as you didn't get any exp with them they were unbeatable.

Ah the memories of my level 255 Marowoks and pwning the school in the yard battles.

grimloch wrote:
    Ah the memories of my level 255 Marowoks and pwning the school in the yard battles.
    You had yard battles! I settled for a quiet competition with my friend with the Blue version with me on Red. Actually booted up Silver a few days ago when my little cousin arrived with Leaf Green. I dont accuse Nintendo of milking the franchise, but some of the frivilous pokémon in the newer ones just take the biscuit... i am yet to buy anything past Silver though.

Rhyme wrote:
    You had yard battles!

Yes indeed. All this reached the pinnacle of its popularity in Primary school. Everyone would have their Game Boys and link cables and then engage in battle. Great times altogether.

You lucky people... might pick up one of the newer ones in the near future, so tempting and with Twilight Princess pushed back i have space to fill

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

grimloch wrote:
    Ah lads, thats not the half of what that cheat could do. You could catch level 140 level pokemon there and then rare candy them to about 255. As long as you didn't get any exp with them they were unbeatable.

pokemon trained up were far superior to those used on candy,i did both.
    lvl 100 far better than lvl 255 etc
    i pwnd when i was younger...i had most up to level 100 :eek:

anyway great game,pity about the show existing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Hercule

Mine is ..........................CHRONO TRIGGER! if you havent played it yet, go get it right now! one of my favourite games on any format let alone nintendo

pokemon trained up were far superior to those used on candy,i did both.
    lvl 100 far better than lvl 255 etc
    i pwnd when i was younger...i had most up to level 100 :eek:

anyway great game,pity about the show existing.

Are you sure? I remember being untouchable. I'd rarely need to take out more than half my pokemon. Not even a Mewtew could stand against my level 255's.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

mewtwo was teh suck,believe me i am sure.i spent enough time at the game to raise them to 100 and usind thinks like sleep/psychic combos hmm meant i never lost anybody:) i mean i could even heal half my life with some moves :)

mewtwo was teh suck,believe me i am sure.i spent enough time at the game to raise them to 100 and usind thinks like sleep/psychic combos hmm meant i never lost anybody:) i mean i could even heal half my life with some moves :)
    ...and the move Recover made it all the more frustrating

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

Goldeneye and Mario Kart 64.....still play em there that damn good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭Yook

Mine is Final Fantasy 3 for the SNES. Best Nintendo game EVER!

I know you all got Mewtwo, but did anyone else get Mew? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Citizen_Erased

Harvest Moon FoMT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Sauron

ah yes.. Goldeneye... Zelda: Orcarina of Time such a good game... Mario 64.. Mario 3.. it's all coming back to me :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

qz wrote:
    I know you all got Mewtwo, but did anyone else get Mew? :D
    Yup... before i lost Red transferred all my guys to Silver along with my full collection of legendary monsters (dogs included) and my two Mews... i found it a few days ago and had to boot it up

Advertisement